PDA

View Full Version : FroYo update for DROID X delayed until early September

wuyanks
08-05-2010, 07:49 PM
http://static.fiendish.net/wuyanks/motorola_dx_early_sept_froyo.JPG

For those of you eagerly anticipating FroYo for the DROID X, we have some (relatively) bad news. It seems that Motorola has delayed DROID X's 2.2 update until "early September", according to Motorola's official DROID X support forum.

A fix for [Exchange 2003 mail] will be included in the upgrade to Android 2.2 scheduled for deployment by early September.Now, this certainly isn't devastating news, as the update was originally slated for the end of August. I guess another week or two won't hurt too much. Neither is it shocking, considering Motorola's tendency to delay updates without hesitation. So DROID X users, would an early September roll-out of FroYo be okay with you?

via Droid Life (http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/05/droidx-froyo-update-delayed-to-september/)
Source: Motorola Forums (https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/203103#203103)

Follow the discussion here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/2901-froyo-droid-x-scheduled-release-early-september.html

C-had
08-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't think it matters much if its ok lol we will have to wait :) I just hope for no more push backs on this deal. If they push it back to much there will be other devices getting gingerbread before we even get froyo.

Ricowan
08-05-2010, 09:40 PM
It's not like we have a choice. :)

shatter
08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Like was mentioned in the other thread... early September is consistent with "late summer" as summer doesn't officially end until Sep 21. So technically, the update is not delayed yet.

Abe21599
08-05-2010, 10:11 PM
ehh i think i can wait.

adamsik
08-05-2010, 10:37 PM
So just saying if the roll out was to be the D1 then the Incredible and finally a the Droid X that would allow 2 1/2 weeks to roll out the updates... Makes sense and i have no problem waiting This phone is amazing and and every one that gets a glace they ask is that the droid x :)

wuyanks
08-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Follow the discussion here:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/2901-froyo-droid-x-scheduled-release-early-september.html

iamdh4
08-06-2010, 05:06 AM
I hoped for it to be out this month... but i can wait i think it'll be worth it... :-D the real wait for me is getting custom roms on these badass phones

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GDP
08-06-2010, 08:14 AM
pretty lame of moto actually

Abe21599
08-06-2010, 08:16 AM
pretty lame of moto actually

more Verizon than motorola

NC DroidGuy
08-06-2010, 08:19 AM
It'll help Motoizon sell the Droid 2. ;)

JOKOOLinATL
08-06-2010, 08:25 AM
They strung us along for the longest on the 1st droid for 2.1......looks like they're going to do it again for the Droid X. The Evo is getting it as we speak but we have to wait? Really annoying.

dopephish
08-06-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm not surprised that they aren't planning to do anything about the email notification problem before 2.2 gets pushed, but I am disappointed. There are a lot of corporate users that consider the lack of reliable email notifications a deal-breaker. Sure Touchdown and the older email app work, but that's only for those of us that have the patience and resourcefulness to deal with a workaround. I've had to recommend the Incredible over the X many times already just based on that issue. I can wait another month or so for FroYo, but I can't afford to miss an important email alert when I'm on-call.

/just venting I guess...

C-had
08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I just read on droidlife that the droid2 is confirmed to be out and selling next week the 12th.

Best Buy Confirming August 12th for DROID 2 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog (http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/06/best-buy-confirming-august-12th-for-droid-2/)

Now with this verified I just don't see why they would hold back 2.2 for Droid X. Isn't the droid2 running the same OS version with the motoblur junk like droid x? If it is does this mean people will be buying a phone not ready to use? If its the same then why release the droid2 and then tell everyone with a droidx they have bugs to work out still? Makes no sense to me, they get the same amount of money from you with either phone because they have almost all the same features, so to hold our update back to sell droid2's just don't quite make sense.

rdcamero
08-06-2010, 06:20 PM
They think we are fools.You have two phones that are basically the same other than a few minor hardware differences, yet the would have us to believe it has no bugs and is glitch free on the Droid 2 but is so buggy that is unusable on the Droid X.

shemoves
08-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm ok with it as long as it means it is better and not them just dropping the ball.

Ack
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
They strung us along for the longest on the 1st droid for 2.1......looks like they're going to do it again for the Droid X. The Evo is getting it as we speak but we have to wait? Really annoying.

It is annoying, but at the same time I don't really mind, this phone is amazing even without 2.2 Besides I still have my old droid to play with and mod.

RanballX
08-13-2010, 07:11 PM
It'll help Motoizon sell the Droid 2. ;)

I can see this to be true. Gotta be tough following the Droid X launch...

BOWIE
08-13-2010, 07:25 PM
I think this whole "delayed" thing is bs to begin with. Verizon never promised anything aside from "late Summer". People on internet forums created a bunch of rumors and expectations and this is what these "delays" are based on.

xDroidx
08-14-2010, 01:35 AM
I don't mind the wait at all. The hardest wait for me was actually waiting for my DX to arrive. The phone as is (except for the volume issue) is awesome. Froyo will just make it that much better IMO.

tkwak
08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
I have no idea if this is true but I'll tell you got I got from a verizon technician yesteryday.
I called about the sound being very low on my phone and how to get my school email to sync up with my droid x cause I couldnt figure it out for the life of me.
During the process, the technician said that I would be receiving my update for the sound issue by the 30th if not before then. I asked him
exactly what update this was and was told that it was 2.2 update. I guess that means we should be seeing 2.2 before september?

southernbuck
08-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Before the end of August would be nice, but I sure won't hold my breath. I'm enjoying my DX as is frankly....the update will be a bonus!!!

tkwak
08-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Yes it would be nice but I also take whatever verizon tells me with a grain of salt. I feel like their employees are never ever sure of anything.
I only have one complain about this phone and it is the sound of my ringtones and alarms. I just wish it was a lot louder then what it is but
it is not a big deal at all. I can deal with that because everything about this phone is amazing.

armedmonkey
08-16-2010, 11:46 AM
I think this whole "delayed" thing is bs to begin with. Verizon never promised anything aside from "late Summer". People on internet forums created a bunch of rumors and expectations and this is what these "delays" are based on.

You're misinformed. They DID officially say August. I'm not going to waste time trying to find it. If you're curious, look around.

The bottom line is, if they are releasing it for other phones, they sure as hell shouldn't put it off for DX. We paid just as much money as they did, so we should get an equal level of service.

Victim
08-16-2010, 12:00 PM
You're misinformed. They DID officially say August. I'm not going to waste time trying to find it. If you're curious, look around.

The bottom line is, if they are releasing it for other phones, they sure as hell shouldn't put it off for DX. We paid just as much money as they did, so we should get an equal level of service.

We are getting an equal level of service. The only reason the other phones are receiving updates before the X is because they were released first. Verizon is just going in order from the D1, Droid Incredible, then the Droid X. I certainly understand them wanting to stagger each release between the phones because of possible bandwidth issues or bugs which need to be handled through each handsets release. The Incredible is rumored to roll out in two days (8/18), so I would expect the X to begin a couple of weeks after that, end of August/beginning of September.

rdcamero
08-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Seems like you would update and offer the best service for your newest and current flagship phone first.There are a lot of first time smart phone and Verizon users because of the Droid X.Showing this group of people the you are top of things will go a long way to developing a long term customer.Making them wait after just buying a new phone while they see all of these other phones getting updated sends the wrong message.If you just bought a new car and there was a recall issued you would be upset if your neighbors car he bought last year was fixed before your brand new car was.

C-had
08-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Seems like you would update and offer the best service for your newest and current flagship phone first.There are a lot of first time smart phone and Verizon users because of the Droid X.Showing this group of people the you are top of things will go a long way to developing a long term customer.Making them wait after just buying a new phone while they see all of these other phones getting updated sends the wrong message.If you just bought a new car and there was a recall issued you would be upset if your neighbors car he bought last year was fixed before your brand new car was.

I see your point but would you really want to deal with all the angry people that had those other devices and been waiting longer? If you look at it this way at least the droid x is getting froyo very quickly compared to the droid and the incredible as compared by release dates. The X has been out for 1 month and its going to be updated in a few weeks. Besides maybe since the droid 2 came out with basically the same version they will push to the Droid X maybe they can hammer out some of the bugs before they do. It sux to wait I agree but it's not exactly fair to jump in front of the line either.

smokecombs
08-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Well, you see, the original droid owners have been waiting for like a year for this update. I mean it only makes sense they'd let those loyal customers have the update first. If you go to the facebook motorolla page you'll see how upset and angry droid owners have been over this. So they are at least throwing them a small bone by giving them the update first. Plus I think there were a couple of issues they were fixing for the droid x that maybe they didn't have to do on the original droid. It doesn't bother me that the customers that got on board with the original device first get the update first, seems extremely fair to me. Plus they also, I'm sure, want to sale that new Droid 2 which will come with 2.2, and they might sell a few more units simply because it will already have 2.2. Overall my X seems so advanced and fast to me, it's no big deal waiting for the update.

armedmonkey
08-16-2010, 01:27 PM
We are getting an equal level of service. The only reason the other phones are receiving updates before the X is because they were released first. Verizon is just going in order from the D1, Droid Incredible, then the Droid X. I certainly understand them wanting to stagger each release between the phones because of possible bandwidth issues or bugs which need to be handled through each handsets release. The Incredible is rumored to roll out in two days (8/18), so I would expect the X to begin a couple of weeks after that, end of August/beginning of September.

Droid 2 was released after. Unless I'm mistaken D2 has it now. So no, they aren't doing it in order.

Victim
08-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Droid 2 was released after. Unless I'm mistaken D2 has it now. So no, they aren't doing it in order.

FroYo was already out at that point though on Droid devices. It's much easier to just install it stock in the factory than to release it as a mass OTA where potential user error problems among other things could occur while attempting to update.

smokecombs
08-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Well that's like one of the major selling points for that phone, no? I am kind of confused why Motorola went with the Droid X release so close to the Droid 2, and to me the Droid 2 isn't any better or even as good as the Droid X unless it's just people that need that physical keyboard. I think Motorola screwed up here by not just releasing the Droid X, make it their really "go-to" device, their Iphone, and then maybe right around Christmas they could have came out with the Droid 2, but with really improved features, a better camera with better flash and shutter speed, gingerbread update, higher resolution screen similar to the Iphone4 or better, etc... To me it's too soon for another "super phone". I could not see one reason, personally, to have the Droid 2 instead of the Droid X other than the physical keyboard. I don't like a physical keyboard, but if they would give me some type of option to text like with an old phone by having the abc on the 1 key, def on the 2 key, etc.., I would like that. I could really fly like that texting in the old days, and although not safe, I could text while driving without having to look away from the road (I don't text driving at all now).

armedmonkey
08-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Not really. it's all automated. they just released another (much smaller) patch just before that.

btw- i think the idea with the DX is something you're missing.

DX was made to compete with the EVO. It's a different kind of phone, a media phone. Huge screen, HDMI, HUGE, and BIG... the D2 is more like a normal phone in size. They are catered to different audiences. Both my parents are getting a dInc because the DX is too big for their tastes and they don't like hardware keyboards... Well... My dad doesn't, because he thinks it will break. And my mom doesn't like D2 b/c it's thicker.

smokecombs
08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
My own circle of people are either "touch phone" people or "non touch tone" people. So they could care less about the physical keypad as they think it's too complicated, just like they think a touch qwerty keypad is too complicated. I myself still find it easier to text by using the old button pad method, ABC=123, etc.. But then again my circle of friends and family aren't the whole of the world at all so you're right, some people will buy the Droid 2 just for that. I still say that number will be fairly underwhelming, especially since the X just launched. I may be wrong though. One thing I probably do get "wrong" about is that I guess I expect everyone to think a bigger screen is better. Some probably don't like such a large screen or think it will be harder to carry, etc.. I love the large screen but to me it's not that much larger to make it an overwhelmingly better way to play games, movies, etc.. (although it does make texting a hell of a lot less of a pain), but it's also not make it overwhelmingly huge to fit in pants or to hold and talk. I still laugh my rear end off when reviewers say a certain phone is too "heavy", LOL. I say to those guys, grow a pair.

BOWIE
08-17-2010, 10:32 PM
If you're going to tell someone they're wrong, have the info to back it up. Otherwise, you are simply perpetuating more internet rumors. I believe you are referring to a "leaked memo", correct?

armedmonkey
08-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Accuse me of what you will, BOWIE, but sorry, I'm not going to waste time digging stuff up for you like a librarian. The information to which I am alluding is or was (perhaps this has changed in light of the more recent news) widely available through Google and other sources.

Are you saying that there was a document that turned out to be fake? If so, perhaps it was indeed the one to which I was referring, but I'm curious how you know it's fake because, perhaps in ignorance, I'm not aware of its invalidity.

edit: first result in google for my search:
http://grayson.blogs.tuscaloosanews.com/11893/android-2-2-could-come-to-droid-in-late-july-droid-x-late-august/
I believe I'm referring to the document pictured in this article. Don't have original source.

BOWIE
08-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Accuse me of what you will, BOWIE, but sorry, I'm not going to waste time digging stuff up for you like a librarian. The information to which I am alluding is or was (perhaps this has changed in light of the more recent news) widely available through Google and other sources.

Are you saying that there was a document that turned out to be fake? If so, perhaps it was indeed the one to which I was referring, but I'm curious how you know it's fake because, perhaps in ignorance, I'm not aware of its invalidity.

edit: first result in google for my search:
Android 2.2 could come to Droid in late July; Droid X late August – Gadgetron - Tuscaloosa News - Tuscaloosa, AL - Archive (http://grayson.blogs.tuscaloosanews.com/11893/android-2-2-could-come-to-droid-in-late-july-droid-x-late-august/)
I believe I'm referring to the document pictured in this article. Don't have original source.
So, I'm still correct. Motorola did not release that to us as consumers which means that they did not promise us anything, just as I originally said. I'm not trying to argue w/ you over this. It's just that I had made a statement and you gave a rude reply without having your facts straight.

armedmonkey
08-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Regardless of your epic skills at rationalizing your own correctness, for that seems to be all you're accomplishing, unless that document was a forgery, I consider it to be a direct confirmation of what I said earlier.

They were going to release it, but then for reasons unrelated to stability of the software, they are pushing it back. I consider this underhanded for the reasons outlined above.

Whether or not they promised it "officially", in a legally binding contract, the fact remains is they led people to believe that it would happen much much earlier than it will be - to win sales of course. In fact, they had ads in Verizon stores saying DX would be the first phone to get Froyo. If that isn't official enough for you, you can sit around and enjoy thinking you're correct while sitting contentedly on your 2.1.

As consumers, we vote with our money, but we also vote with our outrage. People are generally too busy to be outraged by the crap that big business pulls on them. That's why corporations own your ass today. This may seem like far-field liberalism, but contentedness really just makes us all tools of the corporate machine. By defending them, you're helping to move the line of what is 'acceptable' a little bit farther until you find yourself at the breaking point one day.

Let me just reiterate. I don't believe ONE BIT that the update is not out because they are finding bugs they can't fix. Froyo stock should be able to run on DX (as we will soon see when birdman and co. come through), so they have relatively minor changes to BEGIN with. I find it difficult to believe that they can manage to perfect the same exact POS software on a phone that comes out a month later and have difficulties with a very similar phone that came out a month earlier.

With this said, I'm stepping out of the discussion because it really isn't serving me at this point.

Best,
Armed

Deathshead
08-18-2010, 07:32 AM
They did pretty much promise at the announcement late summer we would have froyo, that was one of the huge selling points they pushed about the device.

Atleast we know that they have been running and testing 2.2 for atleast 3 months now, so when it DOES come to us it better be perfect! the current firmware is very quirky.

itzkr0me
08-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Regardless of your epic skills at rationalizing your own correctness, for that seems to be all you're accomplishing, unless that document was a forgery, I consider it to be a direct confirmation of what I said earlier.

They were going to release it, but then for reasons unrelated to stability of the software, they are pushing it back. I consider this underhanded for the reasons outlined above.

Whether or not they promised it "officially", in a legally binding contract, the fact remains is they led people to believe that it would happen much much earlier than it will be - to win sales of course. In fact, they had ads in Verizon stores saying DX would be the first phone to get Froyo. If that isn't official enough for you, you can sit around and enjoy thinking you're correct while sitting contentedly on your 2.1.

As consumers, we vote with our money, but we also vote with our outrage. People are generally too busy to be outraged by the crap that big business pulls on them. That's why corporations own your ass today. This may seem like far-field liberalism, but contentedness really just makes us all tools of the corporate machine. By defending them, you're helping to move the line of what is 'acceptable' a little bit farther until you find yourself at the breaking point one day.

Let me just reiterate. I don't believe ONE BIT that the update is not out because they are finding bugs they can't fix. Froyo stock should be able to run on DX (as we will soon see when birdman and co. come through), so they have relatively minor changes to BEGIN with. I find it difficult to believe that they can manage to perfect the same exact POS software on a phone that comes out a month later and have difficulties with a very similar phone that came out a month earlier.

With this said, I'm stepping out of the discussion because it really isn't serving me at this point.

Best,
Armed

Perhaps we should wait until "late august" or "late summer" until we judge? A leaked internal corporate memo does not an official statement make. Late summer is what was officially put out there.

the_Fiddler
08-18-2010, 12:36 PM
https://supportforums.motorola.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/4431/droidx-doesnt-froyo.jpg

Victim
08-18-2010, 04:02 PM

According to the source you posted, the original Droid was slated for an update in late July. As we all know though, the update had issues on their initial limited rollout so they pulled 2.2 until the first week in August. By doing that, it pushed back all of their rollouts, as I'm sure they had the Droid 2 and Incredible planned ahead of the Droid X (which makes perfect sense from their perspective: By the time Droid X was released, their 2.2 wasn't ready until after its launch, so they left 2.1 on...and being fair to those Incredible users, Verizon decided to give them the update first. The Droid 2 launched with it likely because 1) It was to market the device...which didn't get too much compared to other devices, and 2) the Froyo update was already done at its launch time, so why not launch with it.) Thus, this leads to the week long push back on every rollout, hence the early September rollout us X users are looking at.

Having worked in a technical support/IT technician position, it seems totally reasonable in my book to stagger these updates like Verizon has done. It's just bad timing that we end up getting it last.

armedmonkey
08-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Except that Incredible is HTC and as far as I'm aware it's Motorola holding off the update and not Verizon.

Victim
08-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Except that Incredible is HTC and as far as I'm aware it's Motorola holding off the update and not Verizon.

Verizon is the one who controls when the updates will be rolled out. It's entirely feasible that Droid X's update is ready for launch (on Motorola's end). It's just Verizon who's calling the shots of when it happens.

The manufacturers (HTC and Motorola) do put on their custom software (Sense and Blur...or a "toned down" Blur-app thing now) in the new releases but ultimately I imagine Verizon would do their final checking and testing, to control the build features and things (specifically tethering comes to mind, which is natively built into Android 2.2 and free on any Nexus One - but any carrier would want to tweak these things and charge premium for it).

I just can't imagine Motorola is to blame especially since the original Droid has 2.2 already, and the Droid 2 has it ready as well (and D2 and the X are almost identical internals).

armedmonkey
08-19-2010, 05:44 AM
that's just infuriating

X-tac23
08-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Verizon is the one who controls when the updates will be rolled out. It's entirely feasible that Droid X's update is ready for launch (on Motorola's end). It's just Verizon who's calling the shots of when it happens.

The manufacturers (HTC and Motorola) do put on their custom software (Sense and Blur...or a "toned down" Blur-app thing now) in the new releases but ultimately I imagine Verizon would do their final checking and testing, to control the build features and things (specifically tethering comes to mind, which is natively built into Android 2.2 and free on any Nexus One - but any carrier would want to tweak these things and charge premium for it).

I just can't imagine Motorola is to blame especially since the original Droid has 2.2 already, and the Droid 2 has it ready as well (and D2 and the X are almost identical internals).

Exactly what im thinking. I seen the droid 2 and was not impressed. It would be a waste of an upgrade IMO.

DebianDog
08-19-2010, 06:22 AM
that's just infuriating

As opposed to them rolling out an upgrade that bricks a few hundred thousand peoples phones?

I hope they take as long as they need to do it right. Like it or not a bit of Verizon junk sits on top of what Android and Moto bring. Never mind the complexity and logistics.

The X has been out what.... a month?!?!?

armedmonkey
08-19-2010, 06:35 AM
Debian, have you read anything before you posted? If Verizon is holding it up, it means Moto is not developing it and is not getting rid of any bugs. You either get the same exact FroYo now, or a month later. HMMM. choices. and let me state for the fifteen thousandth time. Moto isn't adding anything to it that is major. just slapping their logo on everything like a 13 year old with a spray-paint bottle.

DebianDog
08-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Does not matter if it is "major" or not it has to be tested. Then VERIZON adds it bloat/features. It is obvious to me you guys have no clue how large software roll outs work in a corporate environment.

armedmonkey
08-19-2010, 06:48 AM
As a matter of fact, I do, having worked in such. Size still matters. You are trying to say that it will brick phones, when it really probably can't. When you start sentences with "it's obvious you have no clue", it makes me want to tell you what is obvious to me about you, but that's neither here nor there and such remarks should kindly be left out of the forums.

If it's not in Moto's hands, it is probably not being developed / tested. Just turned into a panini underneath some idiot's ass. If it were such a big deal to roll out, then they would have had problems with the Droid 1, but they didn't. And now that that's all over and done with, they should have equally little trouble with Droid X rollout.

What you are saying does not reflect what we know for sure, DebianDog.

DebianDog
08-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Yes I am sure they are just sitting around smoking cigars, drinking brandy, and laughing their asses off that their X customers not getting this upgrade. Get a grip.

Do a search for Swipe issues on 2.2 and the Droid X is delivered natively with Swipe correct? Could be one of MANY reasons it has not rolled out. Fact is there could be a myriad of reasons why it is not being rolled out but it is not because "they don't want to".

armedmonkey
08-19-2010, 07:00 AM
I only see SWYPE issues for Droid 1. DX is more akin in hardware to D2. So I don't understand the relevance of your suggestion. I'm sure they are too busy counting money to be laughing, btw. Because it's about profit margins, not schadenfreude.

bobmox
08-19-2010, 07:38 AM
I am going to give them untill the end of the first week of Sept(yes-2010) If the issues are not fixed, especially the low volume issue back it goes. The DroidX is a great pocket computer but I need it as a phone also.

thecta
08-19-2010, 08:16 AM
This thread needs to close. It has become nothing more than a pissing match for some and a means to argue and apparently vent some pent up angst

armedmonkey
08-19-2010, 08:22 AM
If it bothers you, you don't have to look at it=/.

thecta
08-19-2010, 08:28 AM
If it bothers you, you don't have to look at it=/.

Armed...you have taken an "informational thread" and turned it into your own personal battleground. You have set here and argued with everyone who dares disagree with you. You are typical of a lot of people who become forum bullies. It is easy to sit behind a computer and be rude and throw out insulting remarks. But honestly your information serves no purpose but to inflame and incite more arguing. This is why it should simply be closed so someone can maybe find another thread that has more information and less pissing

armedmonkey
08-19-2010, 08:36 AM
I've never been called bully before for stating the way I see things and calling to attention when I feel that the opinions of others are overlooking things or are inconsistent with facts. The "informational" segment ended long before I got to this thread. You know that when people are waiting for something and there is no information, the discussion turns to other things. It's not unhealthy for everyone to relieve some stress here. And I'm not the only one. (if you look at the post above your previous one).

To be honest, I am holding on to a shadow of a hope that V and Moto secretly spy on these forums and see that users are pissed off. Maybe, just maybe, it will make them think twice before jerking the consumer around next time. Of course that's only a faint hope and probably unlikely, since the consumer will still spend his money on stuff he doesn't need for bad service. C'est la vie.

Truly, I want to be proven wrong, because it would be much nicer to believe that Moto and V have our backs and they are actually doing something. But truthfully, nobody has been able to provide past a reasonable doubt that this is for our sakes and not the sakes of sales.

JimMariner
08-20-2010, 12:07 AM
I am sorry to say, that I have to close this thread, It has turned into nothing but bickering back and forth on who is right.

All in time, I am sure VZW & Motorola will have this out to all of us DX owners.
Personally, I don't care who gets it first, as long as it filters down to the DX soon.

Only Time Will Tell.
Lets Hope it's Less time than more;)