PDA

View Full Version : [ROM] Xcellerated for GB 596 - Released 6/11/11

mikeinrichmond
06-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Here's a brand new Rom for GB that I found over on MDW, looks good to me, but since I don't have an X anymore, I can't test it out, so let me know how you like it. :)

So here is the Developers write up, and here is the original thread at MDW:

"ROM-Xcellerated (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-roms/7952-rom-xcellerated.html#post84302)
This is a Rom based off TBH Gingerbread 596 deodexed and apks I have collected to make an awesome Rom! Xcellerated has all the bloat and most of the Blur removed and some extras added in. I have been testing Xcellerated for two weeks now and everythng has been running well. The Rom is very fast and extremely smooth. If you have any issues, please let me know. Make sure to follow directions and Xcellerated will install without any problems.
There is a 4G (Does not get 4G service) and a 3G version. The only difference is the icons in the status bar.

Directions: This is for Droid X only. You MUST be on GB 596 Deodexed and it must be a clean install. Do not try to install this over another Rom or Theme. Here are detail instruction below if you are not familiar with Bootsrap. You can also drop Xcellerated on your sdcard and install in Rom Manager. After 596 is installed, DO NOT WIPE DATA prior to installing Xcellerated.
Extras Added: ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro, Go Launcher EX, Go SMS, Astro File Manager, Facebook, Google Music, Rom Manager, Dolphin HD, D2 Bootstrap, DX2 Wallpaper, DX2 Bootanimation, Gallery 3D, Custom Keyboard, Titanium, Quadrant Standard, Milestone OC, Amazon App, Custom lock slider, CRT Animation, 10% Battery Mod, Tweetdeck. I will post screenshots later.

Note: If you use another email other than Gmail,(such as yahoo) use the email app. Do not add it in settings/accounts/add account. The Yahoo link will not work.

Note: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE AND WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO IT WHEN YOU TAKE THE RISK OF FLASHING A ROM. You take that risk. I asume no liabilty. If you don't know what you are doing ask. Always keep the files needed to SBF your phone handy. I can tell you that I have yet to "brick" a droid x and I have done some crazy stuff. I have tested Xcellerated and have resolved all issues that I am aware of.

Special Thanks To:
Team Black Hat
The Secret Ninja
Drew Garen
Fabulous
Mobile_Sensei
Koush

Detailed Instructions For Those Who Need Them:

1) Download TBH 596 Deodexed
2) Download the Xcellerated
Xcellerated_DX_3G.zip
(http://www.mediafire.com/?m1yi230chqxwmb8)Xcellerated_DX_4G.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?e12oxjeri18qjy7)

3) You will need D2 Bootstrap or you can install through Rom Manager
4) Drop files onto the Sdcard of your Droid X
5) Install D2 Bootstrap
6) Select “Bootstrap Recovery ” you will see a box pop up that says “Success” Then select ok.
7) Select Reboot Recovery
8) Use volume down button until “wipe data/factory reset” is highlighted
9) Now press your camera button
10) Press the volume down button until “Yes –delete all user data” is selected
11) Now press you camera button. All data is now being deleted.
12) Press you volume down button until “install zip from sdcard” is highlighted.
13) Now press the camera button
14) Press the volume down button until “choose zip from sdcard” is highlighted.
15) Now press the camera button
16) Press the volume down button until “596_TBH_Deodexed” in highlighted.
17) Now press the camera button
18) Press the volume button until “Yes- Install 596_TBH_Deodexed” is highlighted.
19) Now press the camera button and 596_TBH_Deodexed will install.
20) When complete tap the power and the use the camera button to select “Reboot System Now”
21) Boot into 596, skip all the Google sign in for now.
22) Install D2 Bootstrap
23) Select “Bootstrap Recovery” you will see a box pop up that says “Success” Then select ok.
24) Select” Reboot Recovery”
25) Use volume down button until “wipe cache partition” is highlighted. (DO NOT WIPE DATA!)
26) Now press your camera button
27) Press the volume down button until “Yes – Wipe Cache” is highlighted.
28) Now press the camera button. The cache has now been wiped.
29) Press you volume down button until “install zip from sdcard” is highlighted
30) Now press the camera button
31) Press the volume down button until “choose zip from sdcard” is highlighted
32) Now press your camera button
33) Press the volume down button until “Xcellerated_DX_3G or 4G” is highlighted
34) Now press your camera button
35) Press the volume button until “Xcellerated_DX_3G or 4G” is highlighted
36) Now press your camera button
37) Xcellerated will now install.
38) When complete tap the power and the use the camera button to select “Reboot System Now”
39) When the phone reboots, you can now sign into Google.

The persuader
06-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Always on the Top of Your Game...Thanks for the Heads Up...How's that T-Bolt working out for you?

1KDS
06-11-2011, 08:02 PM
A new dev for the X!? Awesome!

mikeinrichmond
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Working out great so far Bubba, it just doesn't have close to the battery life that the X has. On avg I'm running ~30% less at the end of the day, and that is without 4G service here for another few months, and with all the battery saving tweaks I can find...

mikeinrichmond
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM
A new dev for the X!? Awesome!

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when I ran across it on MDW, hope it works out great for you all. :)

The persuader
06-11-2011, 08:28 PM
IMO....

I really don't thing any Battery Life is to be expected with any Phone based on its Proformance and Output of Data...I wouldn't be surprised if the don't see 2 Batteries installed so not to increase the depth for thickness of the future Phones to come...

The Mini Computers do Very Well with how we operate our usages and Demands for Excellents...

I just bought another Battery to keep "Me in Insane" and to use my Truck Charger less....Now..."I can Drink Beer Or Wine and Bark at the Moon"...and I love to "Turn n Burn my phone"...

Chow...Glad your enjoying the Bolt...

Alpha25100
06-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Okay someone help me!!!

I'm on liberty. Then directions above say to not be on a rom, so how do I start clean???

Rooted/DX/GB596/suppose to beLBV0.7, but says v0.6?!

Alpha25100
06-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Also which file do I use 3g, or 4g???

mikeinrichmond
06-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Okay someone help me!!!

I'm on liberty. Then directions above say to not be on a rom, so how do I start clean???

You should be able to just wipe data, then reflash the 2 part .zip files from clockwork, reboot, get D2 Bootstrap back (copy it to your sd card for easy access) then go back out to clockwork and flash the deodexed 596 over top, no wiping needed, then reboot, now you are on a clean system and ready to go back out to clockwork and flash the Rom.

And it doesn't matter which file you use 3G or 4G, the 4G one is just an icon change to fool your friends into thinking your X can use 4G service... It doesn't actually work... :)

Matt127
06-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Mike how do I copy D2 to my sd?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

popcenator
06-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Mike how do I copy D2 to my sd?

Use a file manager (I use root explorer from the market, but super manager does the same and it's free, just make sure to go into setup and check enable root function) find D2 in the /data/apps folder, long press it, select copy, then go to your SD and paste it there.

Ginger-Bluebread Liberty DX

bignasty407
06-12-2011, 12:01 PM
rom loks very sleek. when i get a legit phone from the warranty center ill give it a shot. but honestly nothing beats apex so far.

Matt127
06-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks pop

dschwartz0815
06-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Too bad we can't flash over another rom :(

DAK
06-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I flashed this today and I'm very impressed! No FCs. Runs very smooth. Like the circular wifi in the notification bar. I never used the go launcher before and it in itself is pretty cool. I put the 4G on to play some jokes on my iphone friends.

Sent from my DROIDXcellerated.

CommTechDX
06-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I too flashed this today and I must say Im impressed!!! wicked smooth!!!!!

kinjo28
06-12-2011, 07:29 PM
I flashed this afternoon very sweet rom. There is no live wallpaper support or did I miss a step? Flawless otherwise

t('-'t) ™

iphonekiller
06-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Badass ROM! No issues so far. Zeam runs fantastic. Also running ULV @ 1.25Ghz and Imoseyon tweaks. DX is now better than ever! Battery life seems good so far but will know more over the coming days. Thanks to the dev who created this Mod.

ibleedteal
06-13-2011, 01:23 AM
I just installed this rom over Gingerbread .596 deodexed and I backed up all my phone files first throught D2 Bootstrapper.
I flashed the rom and everything is going smooth except now its only showing 15 contacts and the rest of my contacts are missing. Do I need to remove my gmail account that is on my phone then re-add my gmail account? Please could I get some help?

bitemeoftn
06-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Tried flashing the 4g version and got stuck in a bootloop twice. Ended up having to sbf both times. First time I tried just re-installing deodexed .596 and then put the ROM over it because I was on liberty v.07. the second time I actually started from froyo flashed the two part .596 and then deodexed .596 then the rom and i still got a bootloop not sure what is causing it or how i would go about fixing it besides the obvious sbf. thanks in advance for any help.

Nevermind, I got it now. You have to follow the instructions perfectly and I was not. Although now my facebook contacts won't sync at all. Has this happened to anyone else?

Wulf
06-13-2011, 06:16 AM
I just installed this rom over Gingerbread .596 deodexed and I backed up all my phone files first throught D2 Bootstrapper.
I flashed the rom and everything is going smooth except now its only showing 15 contacts and the rest of my contacts are missing. Do I need to remove my gmail account that is on my phone then re-add my gmail account? Please could I get some help?

Were all your contacts linked to gmail? Im not 100% but if they were backed up with backup assistant and that was not installed with rom that could be why.

Deodex Ginger Man has been watermarked liberty style.....

iphonekiller
06-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Pulled the phone off the charger this morning at 5:20am. It's now 7:30am and with very light usage, I'm down to 80% :( it's a new ROM and there's always some bug to work out..... still a great ROM!

Wulf
06-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Pulled the phone off the charger this morning at 5:20am. It's now 7:30am and with very light usage, I'm down to 80% :( it's a new ROM and there's always some bug to work out..... still a great ROM!

You have to calibrate your battery after flashing a rom. There ia battery calibration in the market that will do that or charge battery until full, go into clockwork and clear battery stats and use it until it dies on its own and charge again until full.

Deodex Ginger Man has been watermarked liberty style.....

dbrock1980
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
i installed it (not sure if i did correct but have been testing alot of other roms latley so i figured i knew what i was doing) and as soon as i did got MANY FCs . bluetooth share and others i cant remember the name of. oh, google.process was one i belive as well. gonna sbf again and start over to see if that changes anything.

iphonekiller
06-13-2011, 06:23 PM
i installed it (not sure if i did correct but have been testing alot of other roms latley so i figured i knew what i was doing) and as soon as i did got MANY FCs . bluetooth share and others i cant remember the name of. oh, google.process was one i belive as well. gonna sbf again and start over to see if that changes anything.

Download ROM Manager and run the Fix Permissions utility. Sometimes that does the trick.

dbrock1980
06-13-2011, 06:50 PM
okay reinstalled correctley. still getting the FCs. cant run rom manager either. everything FCs grrrr

Wulf
06-13-2011, 07:07 PM

Were you on a fresh tbh 596 deodex install? Try and flash again and do.all the wipes, data and cache, delvic cache. Twice just to be sure before sbf, couldn't hurt.

Deodex Ginger Man is on liberty v08 and ready for some action.....

dbrock1980
06-13-2011, 07:16 PM
yea was on a fresh 596. earlier today i did another wipe of everything then rebooted and then it got into a boot loop. so now your saying i should go into clockwork again then wipe everything again and reinstall it? or just sbf

dbrock1980
06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
did wipes etc etc reinstalled now in a boot loop. guess i wont be using this rom till i get this figured out :(

bitemeoftn
06-13-2011, 09:25 PM
did wipes etc etc reinstalled now in a boot loop. guess i wont be using this rom till i get this figured out :(

I had the same issue. Had to sbf twice before I finally got it.

You have to be sure you're on a fresh version of the 2 part tbh .596 system
Then wipe data/factory reset and install tbh deodexed .596 and reboot
Go back into clockwork ONLY WIPE CACHE NOT DATA and then reboot

No more boot loops hopefully. Let me know if this helps.

DAK
06-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I just realized my calendar will force close when I add a new event. Will reinstalling the rom fix this? Suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDXcellerated!

Wulf
06-17-2011, 02:16 PM
I just realized my calendar will force close when I add a new event. Will reinstalling the rom fix this? Suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDXcellerated!

I think he fixed it and posted in op at MDW

kbatrph
06-17-2011, 09:58 PM
I flashed this today and I'm very impressed! No FCs. Runs very smooth. Like the circular wifi in the notification bar. I never used the go launcher before and it in itself is pretty cool. I put the 4G on to play some jokes on my iphone friends.

Sent from my DROIDXcellerated. i followed the instructions to the letter, and got "force close heaven"....nothing worked....couldn't even get into settings, said they weren't installed....tried it twice....i give up

kbatrph
06-17-2011, 10:02 PM
okay reinstalled correctley. still getting the FCs. cant run rom manager either. everything FCs grrrr i know...had the same problem....giving up

2swol
06-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Has anyone had issues with Gmail sending emails? When I reply or compose an email from the Gmail app it just says sending. It never shows in drafts on the computer.

DAK
06-22-2011, 06:19 AM
I think he fixed it and posted in op at MDW

Reflashed the v3 and all is good! Thanks