PDA

View Full Version : Ideal accessory set up from PRO X'rs (ideas for new X'rs)

psykotikz
06-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I have been going a little mad lately buying things for my X and there are a couple of things I never would have gotten if I had the chance to do it all over again. Here is a bit of my ideal setup!

-Longer charging cables for my 2 stock wall chargers (standard ones are only 2-3 feet) If i'm lying in bed or on the couch it's nice to be able to still use my phone while charging. 6 foot cables are ideal for me!

-Something along this line seidioonline.com (http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-bcscbu-mtdx.htm)(you combine this with a car charger and a spare battery and you will always be covered) I've left my phone in the car charger before and tried to hide it in case it gets broken into but with this you can charge one battery in the car while using the other one. Couldn't be more perfect. You will always have a charged battery ready to go! Nothing worse than being out and about without your X

-Custom car mount. I hate the stock car mount. It's really big and obtrusive on my window. It's annoying to set up and it doesn't work with cases. (prob my worst purchase for this phone) There are much smaller mounts that the phone easily slips in and out of and doesn't have to go into car dock mode!

That's all for now. Anyone else wanna add?

ryant35
06-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Somebody gave me the idea with I posted here about the super short cord on the VZW car charger, I got a 6' long Micro USB cable on ebay for around $2 and plugged it into the extra USB port on the charger. So can do the same with the wall charger that comes with the phone since it's in 2 pieces.

jmartinez748
06-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Nice right up. I'm not sure why they shipped with such small USB cables. My ezstand came with two right angle usb's that are perfect length.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ryant35
06-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Also about the car dock, I bought a cheap vertical one but got sick of having to plug it in every time got in my car. I eventually broke down and got the Moto car dock. There are apps to disable the car dock or if you are rooted you can freeze the car dock app. The magnet in the car dock does still turn the screen so you can read it in the car.

rudyy
06-11-2011, 03:32 AM
I bought e multimedia dock and the cable it comes with is longer.
don't know how long (it's at work) but it's plugged into a wall, snaked up thru a computer cable hole on the back of the desk, wrapped around the base of the monitor and still reaches the front of the desk.

of course, theres always an extension cord.

eric eakin
06-11-2011, 05:55 AM
the rocketphish snap-on case will fit in the car dock with a slight shaving of plastic on the dock. i have pictures in my album if you want to see.

i too like long cables... bought a 6 foot cable and still plugged that into a 3 foot extension!!! :)

psykotikz
06-11-2011, 09:38 AM
the rocketphish snap-on case will fit in the car dock with a slight shaving of plastic on the dock. i have pictures in my album if you want to see.

i too like long cables... bought a 6 foot cable and still plugged that into a 3 foot extension!!! :)

dude i love your car setup. how did you mount it down there?

Coronado is dead
06-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Personally, all I'd want in addition to the docks is a fold-able keyboard to use when I am on the road.

I made the Motorola dock into a custom install in the accessory pocket of my 2005 Accord Coupe:

1912219123:

jmartinez748
06-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Personally, all I'd want in addition to the docks is a fold-able keyboard to use when I am on the road.

I made the Motorola dock into a custom install in the accessory pocket of my 2005 Accord Coupe:

1912219123:

You could mount a Bluetooth keyboard and make a pretty sick setup

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

eric eakin
06-13-2011, 12:48 AM
dude i love your car setup. how did you mount it down there?

a tomtom car mount i had previously came with a plastic stick on disc for the suction part to stick to(the stick on part was no good i had to screw it on in my cup holder bay then seal the screw head with silicone or something.) i also used the tomtom arm as it was longer but not too long and got lucky and the moto dock clipped onto it!

psykotikz
06-13-2011, 08:43 PM
a tomtom car mount i had previously came with a plastic stick on disc for the suction part to stick to(the stick on part was no good i had to screw it on in my cup holder bay then seal the screw head with silicone or something.) i also used the tomtom arm as it was longer but not too long and got lucky and the moto dock clipped onto it!

haha thats sick. i had one of those sticky things as well but the heat in NY is brutal right now and it melted right off....! i might have to initiate my a-team skills and come up with something.