PDA

View Full Version : Do You Use A Screen Protector ? ?

dschwartz0815
06-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Just wondering who uses a screen protector. I have one now but its is begining to piss me off because its not sliding good and im seeing alot of smudges. But if i dont use one the phone is in the my pocket most of the time and god knows what gets into my pockets, from just pocket lint to god knows what. So just wondering if any has had any real problems running with out a screen protector.

tycoon177
06-10-2011, 06:57 PM
My phones "naked" no screen protector or case. No problems at all

Sent from my rooted/gingerbread/fast/awesome droid x

tgyberg
06-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I never have used one on my D1 or my X. I'm just really careful and have never had a problem. When I use someones phone that has one, I cant stand it.

fezrock
06-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Used them since September. Just converted to naked. Not going back!

dschwartz0815
06-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Ok thanks guys, pretty much convinced me to take mine off

spodoc
06-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Took mine off months ago and got some light scratches. I'm happy considering how rough on things I am.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

kookk
06-10-2011, 07:12 PM
I was naked doesn't but got a few very light scratches and decided that if im going to pay this much for a phone I might as well keep it perfect so I got one. I don't mind it at all. Don't even notice it.

Sent from my DROID X2

selcric
06-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Otterbox for me. Thing is, and this may sound odd, I am extremely rough with my phone. I'd love to go naked but it would be ruined in about a months time...

Milkweed25
06-10-2011, 07:20 PM
posted a thread similar to this earlier in the week. My X is naked now and I love the way it looks and feels now. I should have done it along time ago.

jmartinez748
06-10-2011, 07:28 PM
I have the invisible shield full body on mine mainly because I put my phone in the right pocket of my jeans and that little button right above the pocket always scratches my devices also I like it because incase I have water or other gunk on my hands it does ruin my screen.

Anubis
06-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I've been using a full body skin from best skins ever, and have dropped this phone multiple times with no ill effects. It's basically the same as a invisible shield, but cheaper, I like it. It's getting worn out though, so I might go naked.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SierraRR
06-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I also have very the invisa shield. I just use the screen protector though. I like it.

Sent from my Droid X with GB

Leach19m
06-10-2011, 08:03 PM
I go naked. I also keep is in my pocket, with nothing else ever in it

Sent from my Droid X, which Netflix thinks is an HTC Vision!

andrew.nichols
06-10-2011, 08:06 PM
I started out with a screen protector and it started to annoy me so I took it off. A week or so later, scratch on my phone... I usually have my keys in my right pocket and my phone in my left but I was in a rush and next thing you know a scratch from my keys right in the center of my screen. I would recommend keeping it on, granted its a very small scratch it is horrible to look at when the screen is off (can't see it when the screen is on).

just my experience haha.

KevenW
06-10-2011, 08:23 PM
It'd be stupid for me NOT to use one. my screen protector gets scratched up pretty bad. I change it about every 3 months. Without it my phone would be useless.

dschwartz0815
06-10-2011, 08:27 PM
It'd be stupid for me NOT to use one. my screen protector gets scratched up pretty bad. I change it about every 3 months. Without it my phone would be useless.

Yeah Im really rough on my stuff, but my pockets are usually clear so ill go a week and ill have to see. Watch tomorrow ill scratch the crap outta it

dwgreenstreet
06-10-2011, 08:31 PM
i put Invisible Shields on all my stuff. definaltly has a different feel but i like it better then naked now. i've never scratched one but my son all but destroyed the one i put on his D1. took it off and not a scratch on the screen.

Garemlin
06-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I use a Steinheil Ultra. Been on since day one back in July. Crystal clear and does not hinder sensitivity. Cheap insurance for those what-if situations.

Moving to accessories

Xponentially Better
06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Was gonna get one but they glare and the non glare ones feel bad. I have honestly dropped my phone probly over 20 times and nothing on the screen. I have corners effed up and gashes in the metal around my clscreen.I have noticed that the screen being about a millimeter set deep works wonderfully and is a genius idea especially since the X has the metal not plastic around the screen

droidx005
06-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Steinnheil is the way to go. If you put car keys in the same pocket as your phone, it will get scratched. And who wants a crappy scratched up Dx..?

Zantar6
06-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I use the antiglare screenprotectors. it seriously helps with the glare. I can use my phone in complete sunlight and still see what I'm doing. I also love the way my fingers glide on it. If my fingers ever got sweaty or wet from washing hands for example, they 'stuck' to the naked screen and I couldn't swipe as well. Also, if something happens to this screen, I mean,that would SERIOUSLY suck. Just my two cents though. ANTIGLARE FTW

FYI: Gingerbread ApeX 2.0 RC1
I typed this all by myself on my phone like a big boy :D

B360155
06-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Used to use Steinheil Ultra Crystal. It was great, but after about 7 or 8 months was getting some scratches. Tried the Rain-X experiment, so took the screen protector off. Two months now and no scratches at all on the screen so I'm comfortable going without one now. Phone is either in a holster or in my pocket without anything else in the pocket that could potentially scratch it.

spacecasespiff75
06-11-2011, 09:53 AM
No screen protector here. Do have a case. Im afraid of dropping it. I work outside and always moving around and only droped it once with a plastic two part case and the case when're one way and the phone the other way. Now I have a rubber case and works better.

spodoc
06-11-2011, 10:01 AM
More scratches today. Boo. I should be more careful with my phone.

Sefirosu
06-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I've always used screen protectors.

leffer00
06-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Ive always had a screen protector but no case. The phone simply looks better without a case.
I've used the zagg screen protector, had best buy put it on. It was good, last a very long time, was ~$26 installed. But it was kinda rubbery, touch surface not as slick as the regular screen.

Recently got the Steinheil Ultra Crystal, $13 for 2 of them and I like them way better than zagg. The touch feel is way smoother, just like the real screen, and it's much clearer than zagg. Can't even see it on the screen.
Seinheil is the way to go.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003VKQHVW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/178-3725470-3348018

-leffer

Sent from my DROIDX

Snag
06-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Zagg invisibleshield (lifetime warranty no matter what) & cheap 2 piece snap-on rubber coated plastic. I keep the DX in my left front pocket with a metal flashlight next to it. No probs w/Invisibleshield function. It has a slight orange peel look if you look at it at an angle. You can't see the flaw while using your X. The rubber has worn down on the side that contacts my flashlight. I drop my X often. The covers always come apart. IMO: go with zagg invisibleshield screen cover only & a better shock absorbing cover-preferably with a kick stand.

Asharad
06-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Naked for about a year now

MuGGzy
06-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I have gone through a case and a screen protector, now I have a Seidio case (whatever the 2 part model is) and one of those Zagg Shield protectors. I like the feel and size of the naked phone but after seeing what the last screen cover took instead of my screen, I won't go naked. It only takes one accidental placement of keys and phone in same pocket, or forgetting the phone is on my lap when I get out of the car to cost me $300+ so it's worth it.

Snag
06-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Agree...my case is worn

amking
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
I have previously and had some of same issues you do... however I would rather replace my screen cover every 3-4 months than clean my phone at least what seems like. So
forty times a day... so will be getting a new package this week off of amazon

pokey074
06-18-2011, 03:24 AM
I started off with the Steinheil Ultra but ended up taking them off because I couldn't get them to stick 100%. Mine is naked now but I hate it and will be going back.