PDA

View Full Version : Apex and Liberty and Zombie stomped.

griz.droidx
06-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Okay, I had the 588 of apex and it was awesome so was liberty. I am wondering if Liberty uses the Imseyon Tweaks. And what are the major differences between these roms if any? Apex appears to be more stripped down.

Also if I try apex after being on Lib .7 I shouldnt have to do anything other than wipe data/cache and maybe dalvick right? Since I have the correct kernel and baseband with .7 already.. I am looking for something very stripped down, with the best possible battery life. I monitor the app that are running no matter what rom, and disable/freeze/uninstall the ones that won't die (why won't you die? quote from a movie about liberty).

Thanks guys. Also is one faster than the other, does one have more kernel tweaks? I ran Zombie, and after freezeing a ton of apps, it was super fast and had excellent battery life.

Also would it be possible to restore this from my backup, I initially forgot to backup and had already wiped data/cache when I did so. So I only have the system part of the backup. Will this work to restore zombie if need be. Seems like it had more kernel tweaks.

But I really like liberty, but battery life ain't what it was on Apex or Liberty 588 for that matter. I actually liked .5 better I believe than .7. Does anyone know when .8 willl be rolling. I heard apex would be updated this weekend.

zoe
06-10-2011, 04:17 AM
jrummy via twitter says lib v.08 tomorrow (6/10)

imyosen tweaks... i don't think so by default, but on the imyosen site I've seen that it can be done

apex is moving quickly atm, toolbox (or whatever fab calls it) likely this weekend.

you should be able to install apex over lib, but yes wipe data, cache, dalvik & batt before flashing

partial backup = asking for trouble in my opinion

pbssst! aaaack!?!?

cuebask
06-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Liberty has most of the same tweaks already built in. And they are specific for the liberty rom. You can install imsy over it but there really is no need.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

griz.droidx
06-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys, I've just installed Apex RC1 and its pretty cool except for the lack of themes. I fully charged last night then, did the battery reset thing in clockwork. I never did this for Liberty, Both have ran well, but the imyosen tweaks I wasnt sure about. They seem really cool, and I was wanting to use InteractiveX for my governor. I noticed that droid overclock has interactive and smart ass. Is the interactive included in that the same as interactivex? Do these guys compile all their apps specific to the Droid X? The reason I as is that it should provide a bit of a performance boost. At least with linux, source distros are better.Thanks guys, I've just installed Apex RC1 and its pretty cool except for the lack of themes. I fully charged last night then, did the battery reset thing in clockwork. I never did this for Liberty, Both have ran well, but the imyosen tweaks I wasnt sure about.

They seem really cool, and I was wanting to use InteractiveX for my governor. I noticed that droid overclock has interactive and smart ass. Is the interactive included in that the same as interactivex? Do these guys compile all their apps specific to the Droid X? The reason I as is that it should provide a bit of a performance boost. At least with linux, source distros are better than pre-compiled ones. But I've also heard that there's not a huge difference between the two performance wise. It depends on how the sources are compiled.

So, as far as you know, Liberty already has the tweaks, but apex doesn't. Correct? I read a post somewhere else where someone said they though that Apex had the Imyeson.

I ran ZombieStomped 1.7 and after removing all the bloat and blur crap, it ran like a chicken with its head cut off.