PDA

View Full Version : Dark slide 4.2 to gingerbread

fitchd08
06-07-2011, 08:56 PM
So I love trying new things on my X I've gone through a few roms and fell in love with darkslide 4.2. But lately I have gotten bored and feel like something new. So basically I'm looking for a step by step guide to take me from darkslide to haterade I would love links for this or suggestions on other gb roms and general info on this adventure. And I have heard mixed things about wireless tether . I use it on darkslide all the time so is this available with GB? Thanks for all the help ahead of time as always you guys rock.

Swyped on my Darkslide 4.2 overclocked Droid X......like a boss

Phsyclone79
06-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Tomorrow night DSGB is coming out, check out crackman on twetter.

meb12b
06-08-2011, 01:00 AM
read this a couple times. you will be doing option 2. doing this will get you to rooted .596. select the deodexed version. from there make a nandroid backup and then have fun flashing gingerbread liberty, hateraid or whichever .596 gingerbread rom you want

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-general-discussion/27636-official-dx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html

dont overlook the fact that you have to sbf back to stock froyo!
here is a decent youtube video about sbfing. read the "show more" info tab for links to rsdlite and driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFMNldyrZQ

fitchd08
06-08-2011, 11:11 PM
That's awesome, I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know if I have any issues.

Swyped on my Darkslide 4.2 overclocked Droid X......like a boss

fitchd08
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
so i have just completed using rsd lite and sbf'd my phone, but its weird cause i didnt have to resetup my phone, although all stock apps are back and i cant see the superuser app, so that would mean i am stock correct? does that mean i need to re root my phone with z4root? because i cant open the droid2 bootstrapper without rerooting my phone correct?

bdegs15
06-09-2011, 09:42 PM
so i have just completed using rsd lite and sbf'd my phone, but its weird cause i didnt have to resetup my phone, although all stock apps are back and i cant see the superuser app, so that would mean i am stock correct? does that mean i need to re root my phone with z4root? because i cant open the droid2 bootstrapper without rerooting my phone correct?

Yup to my knowledge, just install z4 and reroot bootstrap wont work unless rooted

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fitchd08
06-09-2011, 11:35 PM
awesome its all up and running, now to throw a rom on and really get it going. im thinking lexlite gingeraid, not a big fan of liberty, i really want DS but i guess its not out yet, cant seem to find it if it is. if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to let me know, like i stated i love to try different roms out.

Anubis
06-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Nice, I am running ApeX 2.0 rc1, and loving it. RC2 is supposed to be out tomorrow, so I'll be trying that.

I'll probably try hateraid too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk