PDA

View Full Version : What are my options??

BigShowJoe
06-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I am pretty green with all of this but my situation is as follows, my DX now has the OTA Gingerbread that was pushed out last week. Before that I was rooted with SuperOneClick on Froyo. I have seen people say that I can SBF back to Froyo and then install the two part GB to be rooted again. I need someone to lay it out for me in a "rooting for dummies" format. I need to know exactly what to download and where to start. Sorry for being a NOOB but i really miss my wireless tether..... Thanks in advance.

Mike7143
06-06-2011, 10:34 PM
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/gingerbread-general-discussion/27636-official-dx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html

dude's mobile

JNEHAMA
06-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I am pretty green with all of this but my situation is as follows, my DX now has the OTA Gingerbread that was pushed out last week. Before that I was rooted with SuperOneClick on Froyo. I have seen people say that I can SBF back to Froyo and then install the two part GB to be rooted again. I need someone to lay it out for me in a "rooting for dummies" format. I need to know exactly what to download and where to start. Sorry for being a NOOB but i really miss my wireless tether..... Thanks in advance.

If what you want to do is sbf to froyo look at the screenie I'm attaching. You want the second from the bottom thread for all the files you will need to sbf(1kids). The Linux thread, the top one is probably the easiest most stable method for sbf. Read it then go get the files.

Remember boot loops post sbf are normal and resolve with a stock recovery factory reset.

Once on froyo you can root using z4root which can also be found on 1kids site.

If tethering is your main reason for changing back you might want to consider staying on froyo. It can be done on rooted gingerbread but it is harder. Search the gingerbread tethering threads!!

If you do want rooted gingerbread, just root, get droid 2 bootstrapper and you can flash the two files in CWM recovery following P3Droid's instructions. It takes you to 596 rooted gingerbread in one step I think the link in the second post has that info. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

JNEHAMA
06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Sorry forgot the screenie! Lol

BigShowJoe
06-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the input Mike and JNEHAMA. Read through all the posts you listed and I was able to successfully SBF back to Froyo 2.3.340, then root, then droid 2 bootstrap, then load the two part rooted .596 GB. Also was able to get wireless tethering working with the patch listed in this thread http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-help/22436-wireless-tether-not-working-rooted-gingerbread-8.html

Once I got my head around everything it was really simple. Thanks again!

JNEHAMA
06-07-2011, 04:01 PM
That is great. You worked fast!! I kept checking last night to see if you had any questions. Glad to see everything went so well!