PDA

View Full Version : Can't Boot into Clockwork?

PITTfanCA
06-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Ever since flashing 596-Deodexed, I can not boot into Clockwork Recovery. USB debugging is turned off since I know people were unable to get into it if that was turned on. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike7143
06-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Are you using DX or D2 Bootstrap Recovery. You need USB debugging on for D2, you shouldn't be using DX for best results.

dude's mobile

PITTfanCA
06-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Tried both and nothing. USB debugging off and on and nothing. It reboots normally.

PITTfanCA
06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
And used both D2 and DX bootstrap

ryant35
06-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Turn off your phone, plug into your charger, pull the battery, put it back in and wait for the battery charging icon to come up, then press power and release to turn off the screen. Then press and hold power until it cones on and it would boot into recovery.

swalker
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
have you checked to see if other rooted apps work?

PITTfanCA
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I couldn't get into clockwork at all so I just flashed back to stock and tried it all again. Now im trying out Hateraid on .596.

Acecoleman132
06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Couldn't find a thread for my question so I'll just ask it here.

I just ordered a skin and screen protector but I'm needing to send my phone back because the touch screen is annoying and doesn't work half the time so do I need to sbf just to get back to complete stock to hide root or can I just restore a backup? Just not wanting to add my skin and screen protector to a messed up phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Snow02
06-07-2011, 02:52 PM
You need to sbf.

Snipples007
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
To be on the safe side, I would sbf. Waiting 10 minutes is definitely worth Verizon not seeing something against their TOS and then saying you're SOL.

Edit: Snow, you beat me to it.

Acecoleman132
06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks guys, I've only sbf one time and it worked fine, it usually works all the time right? Haha

Snipples007
06-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys, I've only sbf one time and it worked fine, it usually works all the time right? Haha

Yeah, I've had to do it probably around 20 times and the worst that has ever happened was having to do multiple SBF's to get my phone to boot up. But that was because I flashed something that I shouldn't have. You have no problems right now, so one sbf will do the trick and you'll be back on stock in 10 minutes.

Sent from my REVOlutionized Droid X.

Acecoleman132
06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I've had to do it probably around 20 times and the worst that has ever happened was having to do multiple SBF's to get my phone to boot up. But that was because I flashed something that I shouldn't have. You have no problems right now, so one sbf will do the trick and you'll be back on stock in 10 minutes.

Sent from my REVOlutionized Droid X.

Ok cool, I've actually done it twice in the same night, the first time I tried flashing a rom I messed it up and then when I got my replacement phone in right away I messed it up haha but I sbf both of them and got them working but sent in the wrong phone and kept the bad touchscreen

PITTfanCA
06-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I have been using 1kds linux solution. It is a lot easier than sbf'ing using RSD lite. Brings everything back to stock.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html