PDA

View Full Version : How many GB ROMS have you tried? Which is the best so far?

ratfinkstooley
06-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I have only tried Liberty .7 and it's a very solid ROM, but I know that Drew Garen has a few out (Hateraid and LexLite Gineraid), and I know his ROMs to be quite fast and stable. Also it looks like Apex 2.0 for GB has just been released via Twitter. I know many are waiting for Darkslide GB to come out. And what happened to Rubix?

Anyone tried several so far? Curious as to which one is the ROM to have at this point?

PITTfanCA
06-07-2011, 01:59 AM
So far I have tried Apex, liberty, and currently am on hateraid. Had some issues with liberty. Enjoyed apex but wasn't really into it. Now loving hateraid.

Had a problem with installing settings but downloaded his zip for it and it works great. Really smooth and fast. Probably keep it until liberty is a little more stable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

jmartinez748
06-07-2011, 02:50 AM
I've tried liberty, hateraid, and apex. I'm currently running apex and its definantlty my favorite. Aosp ftw! Its super fast plus revolution theme was ported and mobile sensei said he was going to make themes for it. I couldn't ask for more

Droid Diggler
06-07-2011, 06:07 AM
I've only tried liberty but I'm patiently waiting for TranQ

Strychnine
06-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm anxious to take TranQ or DarkSlide for a spin, if they make it to Gingerbread for us. Of the GB ROM's, I have used Liberty on .591 - .596 and ApeX on .591 - .596 the most. ApeX is the best of everything I've personally used, but that's just me. After replacing the green notification icons with white ones, I will be completely happy with it until either TranQ or DarkSlide show up for me to try.

libbydude
06-08-2011, 01:56 AM
I have tried hateraid and gingeraid. If I didn't use corporate sync/email I would have stuck with gingeraid. Not saying that the features didn't work. Its just a little clunky.After giving apex and Broodcomb A shot I switched back to stock. I think I like that the best of all. Eagerly awaiting official cm7 release though!

TideFan22
06-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Broodcomb3 595/ Zombiestomped 1.7 595/ hateraid 596/foxtrot ultima 595/ lexlite gingeraid.... Im waiting on broodcomb4... but I really loved zombiestomped I hope he makes a 596 version. Im also really looking forward to kejars gummyjar 4 GB

Rammer Jammer yellow hammer give em hell Alabama!!!

Artisticsoul79
06-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Let's see....

For 595 - Apex 2.0 beta, ZombieStomped, Mahi and Lexlite.. Drew Garen and ZS are my faves..

596 - Hateraid & have wanted to try the new Apex but I'm too lazy right now to change baseband to be compatible with it.

Until DG does a little tweaking on his roms, I'm staying on original 595 GB.

akeezy
06-08-2011, 03:45 AM
Broodcomb 4 is out @tidefan. Apex on 596 is a clean, fast, and smooth rom. It's pretty outstanding. Drew garens roms are just as good. Hateraid is quality. The calendar still needs a few minor tweaks tho but otherwise the rom is perfect. Anybody who likes AOSP mixed with blur should try hateraid.

Xponentially Better
06-10-2011, 12:04 AM
liberty v.7
apex
broodcomb
ll gingeraid 4.6
hateraid
stock

all have their ups and downs. i like drew garens roms the most (especially hateraid since its red and thats my favorite :starstruck: ) and i havent had too many big issues with any of them as far as force closes or lag or anything else. its just personal preference on which to pick. personally i have a nandroid of each of them to pick which one i wanna run for each day.

Zog
06-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Loving apex 596. So fast.

behemoth
06-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Apex ftw. That's all you need. Super fast and great battery.

I think drod2169 isn't doing any more ROMS for the droidx, so no rubix gb. Atleast that's what I got from him on twitter.

Sent from Deep Thought

TideFan22
06-10-2011, 01:07 AM
That sux, he's one of the best

Anubis
06-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm using ApeX, and loving it. I will probably try some more over the weekend.

3rotorRX8
06-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Darkslide 3 may drop this weekend as well as gummyjar, anyone hear anything on Tranquility?

3rotorRX8
06-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Yea I heard that too, Rubix was a grate rom but he has moved on from the X.

kinjo28
06-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Brood 4 . But all roms out sofar have their own junoseque

t('-'t) . . ой

fnmetal
06-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I've been on liberty 0.6/0.7 and apex .. loved apex, actually was playing with the google nexus s, and it looks and feels like apex gb on the x :)Im back on liberty waiting to try out 0.8

joeymoose
06-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Lexlite gingeraid 4.6

Valle
06-11-2011, 01:13 PM
So far I've tried Liberty and Apex 2.0. i'm on Apex right now and really love it, my only complaint is nothing happens when i put it on the car dock. It doesn't go into the car home app so i had to download something from the market. I've had a few force closes but all in all very stable.

I may mess with some others this weekend.

TheJustPull
06-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Used to be a big liberty guy; even bought the donate toolbox but I've since been converted to apex.its fast and I'm getting great battery life out of it.
Fab mentioned on twitter he hopes to have rc2 released soon so keep your phones charged!
Plus he tweets me back, which I think is pretty cool.

SpookyJ
06-11-2011, 05:17 PM
LexLite Gingeraid. Loving it so much, probably won't try anything else for a while.

- Absit iniuria verbis.

ProCompSolutions
06-12-2011, 10:40 AM
I love apex but I know im odd but love blur its smooth and pretty. I know sounds girls but I think it looks great. I am on. 596 rooted and loving it. Wish it was a little faster but other then that no complaints

3rotorRX8
06-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Apex RC 2 so far is the smoothest and fastest IMO

bdegs15
06-13-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm on liberty v7 now and its by far my fave especially with the toolbox, zombie stomped for. 591 was a beast now I'm just waiting for darkslide that was my fave on froyo

3rotorRX8
06-13-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm on liberty v7 now and its by far my fave especially with the toolbox, zombie stomped for. 591 was a beast now I'm just waiting for darkslide that was my fave on froyo

+1 for darkslide but unfortunately I think we're nearing the end of rom development for the X :-(

brandonfish
06-13-2011, 02:36 PM
+1 for darkslide but unfortunately I think we're nearing the end of rom development for the X :-(

No way! Darkslide is coming out very soon, Cyanogen is being developed, Tranquility, and a couple new ones that have popped up recently. Never fear my DX brothers, more ROMs are on the way! : )

Jagman1951
06-14-2011, 05:31 PM
I am running Apex 2.0 rc2 gb.596 and loving it but what is the best rom manager to run I see so many out there but what works good with what I am running. I would appreciate someonesadvise for this nooby

Jbdx
06-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Apex
Liberty
rubix focussed
Gingeraid
Hateraid

Garens roms were trash ime, one broke the home button and the other broke the phone dialer. Plus I hear it's a mash of kanged material anyway. liberty was nice, I love the toolbox.
Apex and rubix are on a different level. Great balance of performance and economy.

Currently waiting for cm4dx.

TideFan22
06-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Naw drew garens roms are top notch roms. Broodcomb is sharp, zombiestomped was bada$$, Liberty, and apex rc2 I'm loving some blurless apex, that's why I hardly ever ran apex was because it was blurry, foxtrot ultima, hateraid, lexlite gingeraid. I wish we could've seen a GB Rubix and Gummyjar

ibrooks123
06-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Do you have a good link for hateraid?

So far I have tried Apex, liberty, and currently am on hateraid. Had some issues with liberty. Enjoyed apex but wasn't really into it. Now loving hateraid.

Had a problem with installing settings but downloaded his zip for it and it works great. Really smooth and fast. Probably keep it until liberty is a little more stable.

rudyy
06-16-2011, 09:47 PM
www.drewgaren.com