PDA

View Full Version : Liberty .7 kernel version

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 01:07 AM
So I thought Liberty .7 was based off .596...so how come my phone information screen in settings says I'm running .573?

I'm running Bluebread 1.2 with Liberty .7

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Xponentially Better
06-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Lol weird. Are you sure you are on v0.7? Because there is absolutely zero chance you can be on .573 and be on liberty v0.7

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 01:29 AM
Yeah definitely I'm sure:

Bkdodger
06-06-2011, 04:32 AM
Yeah definitely I'm sure:

This is weird for sure...what was your path to v7....

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.7
Bluebread served daily. .

mikeinrichmond
06-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Interesting that you have the updated baseband .12...Did you load up any other Theme prior to BB?

If you are not having issues I'd leave it alone, but if things start acting weird, SBF back to stock Froyo, then take the 596 2 part update, then load up Liberty v7 again...That should fix it..

Bkdodger
06-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Interesting that you have the updated baseband .12...Did you load up any other Theme prior to BB?

If you are not having issues I'd leave it alone, but if things start acting weird, SBF back to stock Froyo, then take the 596 2 part update, then load up Liberty v7 again...That should fix it..

Mike I wonder if he came from v1 straight to v7 some I've seen had issues...I was thinking wouldn't the 591 kernel work then back to v7. ..just idea once we find out how he came to v7. ..

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.7
Bluebread served daily. .

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Froyo to .588 to Liberty .4 to .5 to .6 to Bluebread 1.1 to Liberty .7 to Bluebread 1.2.

Bkdodger
06-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Froyo to .588 to Liberty .4 to .5 to .6 to Bluebread 1.1 to Liberty .7 to Bluebread 1.2.

Just weird. .v5 had the kernel update which should of got you to. .591 if no issues as Mike said it's your call.

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.7
Bluebread served daily....

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Any way that the screen is just reading the wrong information or that BB is messing with it?

I might reflash .7 and try reinstalling the theme. Thoughts?

swalker
06-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Did you flash the build prop zip? If so that's your answer!

Liberty ...the only way to fly!

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I did, the one that fixed the hard keys led timeout, proximity sensor among other things. Did it rollback my kernel version or is it just smoke and mirrors?

swalker
06-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Not sure about the smoke and mirrors but I did the same so I read the build prop after I saw .573 just like you, and sure enough its in there

Bkdodger
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I would restore a backup especially if you have one of v5. .take a look at kernel. .nothing to lose if you want to try. .can always get back to v7 backup. .

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.7

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Not sure about the smoke and mirrors but I did the same so I read the build prop after I saw .573 just like you, and sure enough its in there

Sure enough, you're right! I guess what I'm wondering is if that means I'm really using .573 or if my phone info screen just just reads what the build.prop says. Maybe I could edit the build.prop to say .596?

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Bump...

Anyone know if I can edit the build.prop to say .596 rather than it saying .573?

swalker
06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Maybe I could edit the build.prop to say .596?

Now that I have no clue what the outcome might be ,I don't know enough about those codes

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Now that I have no clue what the outcome might be ,I don't know enough about those codes

Well i just took a chance and it worked...just edited the bottom line in build.prop from .573 to .596:

Wulf
06-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Well i just took a chance and it worked...just edited the bottom line in build.prop from .573 to .596:

You are brave, don't know if I would do that.

Deodex Ginger Man is ready for action.....

zoe
06-06-2011, 12:19 PM
well idk enough about the underlying things in android, just guessing really, but when the netflix app was first put out I like many others changed the build prop to trick the app into thinking I had an htc device. my dx worked fine but it was reported as an htc something or other... it looks like the op is good to go now, but eh?

pbssst! aaaack!?!?

Wulf
06-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I almost did that so I can get neflix but then read how jrummy advised against it. Some things I will do, but editing build props is out of my league, for now lol.

swalker
06-06-2011, 12:44 PM

swalker
06-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Keep us posted and report any ill effects if any!

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 02:03 PM
No ill-effects as if yet...I've rebooted a few times and messed with some launcher settings and all is good so far!

JRJONESD
06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Just because u change that line in the build prop...that doesn't necessarily mean its back on .596 does it? I would think if it was somehow reverted to .573 that changing the build number wouldn't change the system files. I could be wrong though

marblesmike
06-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I was on .596 and flashed a custom build.prop file. That's what tricked my phone into thinking it was running .573. The custom build.prop file had a line st the bottom that said it was .573.

swalker
06-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Just because u change that line in the build prop...that doesn't necessarily mean its back on .596 does it? I would think if it was somehow reverted to .573 that changing the build number wouldn't change the system files. I could be wrong though

I don't think it actually reverted back to .573

JRJONESD
06-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Just curious. I've read how sometimes themes for older builds will actually revert roms to older build numbers. Not sure if that's ur issue or not. Just throwing it out there

Wulf
06-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Just curious. I've read how sometimes themes for older builds will actually revert roms to older build numbers. Not sure if that's ur issue or not. Just throwing it out there

It depends on what was themed. But its possible.

zoe
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
yeah the build prop edit made me a bit uncomfortable, reverted it back soon as I could... the netflix worked as well as other apps but I wasn't going to push my luck very much

I did see at least 1 person say that flashing a theme on an 'unsupported' rom reverted some things for them, made me reluctant to put stealth for libv.06 on to v.07 but I haven't had any probs yet

I think that somehow the op's system was just being reported incorrectly, I'd think that the rom would cause greater issues or even wouldn't work if the system files weren't in line with what are needed. when jrummy first put out v.07 he missed the part to display the correct version # and it was saying v.06 still, but he was able to fix it with a minor update only requiring a reboot, so my limited experience leads me towards that...

pbssst! aaaack!?!?

swalker
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM
yeah the build prop edit made me a bit uncomfortable, reverted it back soon as I could... the netflix worked as well as other apps but I wasn't going to push my luck very much

I did see at least 1 person say that flashing a theme on an 'unsupported' rom reverted some things for them, made me reluctant to put stealth for libv.06 on to v.07 but I haven't had any probs yet

I think that somehow the op's system was just being reported incorrectly, I'd think that the rom would cause greater issues or even wouldn't work if the system files weren't in line with what are needed. when jrummy first put out v.07 he missed the part to display the correct version # and it was saying v.06 still, but he was able to fix it with a minor update only requiring a reboot, so my limited experience leads me towards that...

pbssst! aaaack!?!?

The op had the .573 report because of the prop edit not flashing a theme. It was just a code edit and did not revert him back to a earlier build so you are correct

thegrillboy
06-06-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm a little confused I am on dedoxed 596 and want to install liberty. 07 do wipe data and cache or just cache?

Bkdodger
06-06-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm a little confused I am on dedoxed 596 and want to install liberty. 07 do wipe data and cache or just cache?

Yes wipe both...it will prompt you from the toolbox just check them off and let it do it's thing. ..

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.7

thegrillboy
06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Couldn't wait. Just installed over everything and all works well.

Wulf
06-06-2011, 11:02 PM

If no sync problems your good. Some had issues with that.

zoe
06-06-2011, 11:21 PM

well as you now know, if already on gb (likely better if on lib v.06) jrummy says the data write is 'only suggested'...

I did the same as you, but might it help others who wonder as well...

pbssst! aaaack!?!?

thegrillboy
06-06-2011, 11:44 PM
All seems good except I believe I have 2 colors. Some fonts in yellow and some letters in green. Other than that all is good