PDA

View Full Version : Wobbly Moto Car Mount

Cigator
06-05-2011, 04:28 PM
got the car mount with the essential pack deal. For some reason when I slide the phone bracket into the arm it has some wobble. The suction cup and mounting are rock solid. It wiggles where the bracket slides onto the arm. Am I missing something. The phone shakes while I drive.

corki2
06-05-2011, 05:48 PM
There are two places to tighten the arm. My car isn't here now, so I can't look at it, but as I recall they are wing type nuts. Mine moved quite a bit until I found and tightened them.

Cigator
06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
There are two places to tighten the arm. My car isn't here now, so I can't look at it, but as I recall they are wing type nuts. Mine moved quite a bit until I found and tightened them.

I tightened those 2 wing nuts. thats not the problem, it is where the bracket slides into the armature

Snow02
06-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Mine its the same way. I haven't bothered trying to tighten it up. I imagine you could shim it though.

fc127
06-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Mine its the same way. I haven't bothered trying to tighten it up. I imagine you could shim it though.

That's what I did... small pieces of masking tape on the "male" end of the mount snugged it up.

Stomped from my DX

droidxer01
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
^

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Coronado is dead
06-10-2011, 10:43 AM
That's what I did... small pieces of masking tape on the "male" end of the mount snugged it up.

Stomped from my DX

Same really. I put a piece of cardstock between the two.