PDA

View Full Version : Keeping droid running smoothly?

thegrillboy
06-05-2011, 12:33 AM
First I would like to thank all for the awesome support and fun on this forum. I believe all roms and themes are great. But to me they all start running fast and smooth but then they get laggy. What is the solution to keep them running like when first installed? Wipe cache? How often? Dalvik? Or any more suggestions or ticks?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

popcenator
06-05-2011, 12:37 AM
How often do you shut off your phone? Do you allow the battery to drain every 30ish days?

thegrillboy
06-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Reboot daily, haven't drained battery in a long time. I didn't think battery would make that difference.

popcenator
06-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Keep it on, rebooting after a couple of days, you shouldn't need to reboot until it starts to lag. Daily reboot is probably not helping. That's just me though.

cory46
06-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Reboot daily, haven't drained battery in a long time. I didn't think battery would make that difference.

Are you rooted? Froyo gingerbread or a rom?

If my phone gets nasty I'll use quick app clean cache and clean out all the build up usually helps a bit.

If your on a rom you could do systcl.config and other tweaks macpro88 has a pretty good thread on it in the hacks section I believe

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

thegrillboy
06-05-2011, 02:26 AM
I'm on latest rooted dedoxed ginger