PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Problem on 596

ethanova
06-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Since I upgraded to the rooted 596 after a full SBF, I've been unable to effectively hit the space key on my keyboard. Doesnt matter what keyboard either, I use the gingerbread keyboard from the market but the problem persists with the built in. The problem is that the keyboard may have been physically moved up a few pixels, or the bottom pixels have been deactivated, which seems to be the case as it is somewhat noticeable on the home screen.

Anybody else having these deactivated pixel problems, and more importantly, anyone know of a fix? Is this problem on the leaked version or just the official? I've tried changing the LCD Density to see if anything changed and it didn't help. I'd love to stay with GB, it's great battery life and I can live with ADW redrawing every once in a while, but I need to be able to type.

dschwartz0815
06-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I have the OTA and this is not problem with me. But try a factory reset

SaurusX
06-06-2011, 06:18 AM
I actually have noticed this problem, but I thought it was all in my head. Ever since the original GB leak and persisting to 596, it seems like hitting space has been a little bit more difficult for me. I think you're right in that the pixels corresponding to space used to extend to the bottom of the screen, but now it seems like they're limited to the actual space key. A fix would be great, but I doubt it's coming.

slowninja
06-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Having the same issue!

You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear.

dedduck0121
06-12-2011, 07:36 AM
I have noticed this as well, very annoying

Sent from my Xoom

1katiem
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm having issues with my multi-touch keyboard too. When I hit the space bar, it minimizes the keyboard EVERY TIME. When I use Swype, it doesn't do this. It also freezes a lot and sometimes the letters on the keyboard disappear completely. I'd like to avoid having to do a hard reset on my phone and redownload/reset everything. Any suggestions?

dimeghost
06-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Leave blur behind..... I also have experienced this behaviour! Since I've been using Apex however, I don't notice it as being an issue any longer.

bleedgreen
06-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Why not try, and I use it now: Swift X Beta. Pretty good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

jacqdv
06-19-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm having issues with my multi-touch keyboard too. When I hit the space bar, it minimizes the keyboard EVERY TIME. When I use Swype, it doesn't do this. It also freezes a lot and sometimes the letters on the keyboard disappear completely. I'd like to avoid having to do a hard reset on my phone and redownload/reset everything. Any suggestions?

I noticed this just a day or so ago. I hit the spacebar and the keyboard minimizes. However, I now also have a delay that is making it impossible to text. I am assuming an update went out that my Droid X doesn't like.

Calling Verizon about this is only going to give me a headache, although if this issue persists I'll have no choice. Is there any reason this might have happened? I am getting a little tired of having to "factory reset" every time an issue comes up that Verizon isn't able to provide tech support for.

JGrizzle84
07-02-2011, 10:11 AM
So I found an easy fix for the keyboard issues. Avoid the factory reset and simply download the Better Keyboard 8 app from the market. Solved all of my problems.

Sent from my DROIDX

JGrizzle84
07-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Better Keyboard 7 will probably work also

Sent from my DROIDX

cory46
07-02-2011, 10:16 AM
you folks could try going into settings>applications>manage apps and clearing the cache and data of your keyboard (you may have to select the "all apps" option). Don't know if this will help but it may bring the keyboard up quicker and don't know if it will fix the space button but that seems to be a very apparent problem with folks on the ota ginger. I just havent noticed it because I use flext9 and rarely use my space bar

newgirldroidx2
07-18-2011, 03:54 PM
My friend and I were having the same problem! Super slow, spacebar closed the keyboard, takes a minute to type a short text, awful. He has the droid and I just got the DroidX2... But then I downloaded Better Keyboard 8 and it is TOTALLY better. I told him to do the same, we'll see what he thinks... He did go to the Verizon store and they're sending them another one... Hehe, suckers.