PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Verizon Custom Horizontal Leather Case

swtex
08-04-2010, 06:58 PM
I wanted a belt clip/holder for my Droid X, like I used to have for my flip phone(s). Wanting to stay with a Verizon product and not something from an unknown source on the net; I went with the Verizon Custom Horizontal Case. Had some concerns about the flap with the magnets that hold it closed. Thought I might have to add some Velcro. So far, no problems. It holds the phone securely and was worth the $24.99.

Enter your location (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12207)

smalltowngirl13
08-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I have this case and I am pleased with it as well. I have had no issues with the magnets (the screen is always facing out - towards the flap and I think that helps). If you do experience issues with the magnets, there is an app in the market called "dock blocker" - it worked well on my D1 for blocking magnets in a holster...

stevewitt
08-12-2010, 04:46 PM
I have that case as well and love it! No magnet issues.

CBGOODMAN200A
08-18-2010, 09:10 AM
I have the same case and have had no problems with the magnets. I think its because the magnets are placed at the outer corners rather than one in the middle.

melinda1c
08-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Love the case my Droid X even fits in the case with a gel cover on it.

DOCTOR X
08-18-2010, 12:07 PM
I have the dual case cover/holster combo but I think i might give this a try. Is the clip on the case smooth all the way down or does it have something on the end so when you clip it to your belt it catches? I have had cases in the past that have slid out of my belt.

smalltowngirl13
08-18-2010, 01:39 PM
I have the dual case cover/holster combo but I think i might give this a try. Is the clip on the case smooth all the way down or does it have something on the end so when you clip it to your belt it catches? I have had cases in the past that have slid out of my belt.

Here are some pics I had posted in another thread...

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/members/smalltowngirl13-albums-accessories-picture689t-verizon-pouch-back-view-clip-rotates.jpg http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/members/smalltowngirl13-albums-accessories-picture690t-inside-view-2-magnets-closure.jpg http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/members/smalltowngirl13-albums-accessories-picture691t-verizon-pouch-front-view.jpg

4Dandroid
09-09-2010, 05:54 PM
I have the same case and I am very satisfied with it. No issues at all. The case does a great job of protecting the DX when not in use.

Hoyt
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM
This is the same one I am using all the time. I do prefer it over the holster style because with that you have to take it apart to put it in the dock everynight. I also had issues with the arm of my desk chair knocking it out of the holder. Switched to this and all is much better.

Roadrunr
10-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I also have this case and think it is very nice.

If you lift up the flap and set the back of the DX on exposed cover it goes to clock mode I guess that`s the magnet side.Anyway I like the case,good protection.

psychotic_penguin
10-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I decided to buy one of these yesterday very pleased so far

easyryder01
10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I too had this case and I can tell ya that verizon to have a case that fits any of the silicone cases is just great in the past this has never been possible. But the problem I have with this case is that it completely muffled the phone and the only way that I could remedy this is to cut a small hole in the back of the csae and the phone could only face screen outward. The day after I finally commited to cut a hole on the back of the case is when I decided to drop by best buy and they had a combo package snap on case and clip that I purchased and was able to use either of the verizon silicone cases. I was able to do such a nice job on cutting the leather case that I returned it back for my money whic in turn paid for my new combo which I did not use the snap on case. I now have an extremly well protected phone not the same as the leather one but in my opinion better accessible and louder with no blockage or issues like you guys discussed with regards to the magnet.

RoidRage
10-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I didn't like the horizontal/top loading case after trying it for two weeks. I found it difficult to get the phone in and out quickly and the design has edges that frequently caught on the seat belt. I then found a vertical/side loading case on eBay for $9. Works perfect for the last several weeks and I can 'quick draw' my DX with one motion.