PDA

View Full Version : OTA Gingerbread ROMs

topdeckr
06-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know if either Apex 2.0 or Liberty 0.6 work with the OTA gingerbread update that came out last night?

Also, even though verizon has been clamping down on tethering apps, I've had no problem using Wireless Tether with froyo-based Apex. Does wireless tether still work on either gingerbread ROM?

sfreemanoh
06-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Liberty .6 installs the .596 kernel, so it should work fine if you're on the OTA GB (as far as I know).

No idea about the tethering, however I tried a couple different tethering apps last weekend, and they both redirected the tablet I had tethered to the VZ tethering sign-up page. It may just have been those two apps though...

popcenator
06-01-2011, 12:01 PM
No it will not work because ROMs require root access to install, which the OTA does not have.

topdeckr
06-01-2011, 12:17 PM
No it will not work because ROMs require root access to install, which the OTA does not have.
Of course I know that. This question assumes that the OTA is rooted, using gingerbreak or whatever other method is out there.

popcenator
06-01-2011, 12:18 PM
When that time comes, then yes it will probably work, but until then there's no method of rooting the OTA. So it will not work until a developer finds a new exploit to root it.