PDA

View Full Version : Connecting my droid x to car stereo help!

Dvlsteardrp
05-31-2011, 10:31 AM
I just got the droid x bundle pck they offered on the verizon site..and I was so exited till I sat in my car and realized, my subaru legacy does not have an aux line in :( I was looking forward to being able to listen to my pandora from car speakers... I love the car dock don't get me wrong..anyway question..does anyone know how or what I should get to be able to listen to it through my car stereo? I heard of bluetooth through the stereo but I have no idea how that works :(

Helppppppppppp

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

B.E.McAllister
05-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Your stereo would have to be bluetooth as well does it happen to have a tape deck? That's how my old fashion self does it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

supercaliber64
05-31-2011, 10:45 AM
you can use a FM Modulator (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qiAWdT3u9eJ/p_607FMDA25/FM-Direct-Adapter.html?tp=1251)and connect it to your X
quality isn't as good as a stereo cable but way better then going over the air
**edit** way better then a tape deck adapter and worth it, also to go the Bluetooth route you would have to have a aux input if you do not have a Bluetooth enabled car stereo

Dvlsteardrp
05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
No tape deck .. I feel like ripping the stereo system out sigh and no I don't think it had anything to do with bluetooth...i guess I will just have to listen to it as is when driving around lol.. Thanks guys for your input I really appreciate it.

brandonfish
05-31-2011, 03:18 PM
No tape deck .. I feel like ripping the stereo system out sigh and no I don't think it had anything to do with bluetooth...i guess I will just have to listen to it as is when driving around lol.. Thanks guys for your input I really appreciate it.

Either try the FM Modulator, or get an aftermarket head unit with an aux input. FM Modulators can be bought for around $30 on amazon, and a head unit with aux for around 100. I recently put an FM Modulator in my sister's car, and it sounds alright, but I would go with a new head unit. It'll probably make your whole system sound better.

boxerdrummer
05-31-2011, 03:28 PM
+1 on the new head unit and aux cable. It'll improve sound all the way around.

ToeJamm57
05-31-2011, 03:30 PM
The problem (in my experience) with those FM modulators is they need to be tuned to an open station. As you drive you car you will run into nearby stations that interfere with your selection. I ended up giving up on the device because I couldn't keep a reliable signal. Save the money on the modulator and put it toward the head unit.

Snow02
05-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Does your stereo have a cd changer or xm port? If so, you can get an adapter to turn that into rca and plug a 3.5mm cable into that.

Snow02
05-31-2011, 03:44 PM
What year legacy is it?

JNEHAMA
05-31-2011, 04:58 PM
The problem (in my experience) with those FM modulators is they need to be tuned to an open station. As you drive you car you will run into nearby stations that interfere with your selection. I ended up giving up on the device because I couldn't keep a reliable signal. Save the money on the modulator and put it toward the head unit.

I've had the same experience with the modulators. Can you give me some more information on the head unit.eg. Brands etc. Sounds like a good option.

ronfra
05-31-2011, 05:10 PM
I bought a Soundfly BT ultimate Bluetooth car fm modulator and I am very pleased with sound , excellent bass and sounds as good as my xm radio. Can be purchased at amazon...you will be happy with it for sure. Cost about $60 dollars and is worth it.

Dvlsteardrp
06-01-2011, 05:11 AM
Does your stereo have a cd changer or xm port? If so, you can get an adapter to turn that into rca and plug a 3.5mm cable into that.

Yes it ha s a cd changer .. Im going to have to look into that..i don't want to put in anything new like a unit because this car is just a work car so don't want to put money into it...but that sounds like a good idea..

Sent from my DROIDX

Dvlsteardrp
06-01-2011, 05:12 AM
Its an 06

Sent from my DROIDX