PDA

View Full Version : ZombieStomped, Mahi Ginger (DrewGaren)

burrier
05-31-2011, 03:40 AM
Wondering what everyone thought of the two. I'm on Apex 2.0 right now. Very nice, great battery life. I am curious for a new ROM. I tried out Zombiestomped and was having some problems with the themes and didn't really feel like bothering setting up so I restored my backup of Apex. Any feedback appreciated as always.

akeezy
05-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Those are both great roms. Zombiestomped is a blurred rom but it has a great performance level and battery life. Its a great rom and has sweet themes,but im going to work on a little theming of my own for it. What kind of issues were you having with the theming?

Mahi Ginger is supposed to be an AOSP rom. I personally don't like AOSP at all and prefer blur. The rom is fast and responsive. The only thing keeping me away from it is the AOSP stuff in place of blur.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

burrier
06-01-2011, 01:36 AM
The issues I was having were the camera stopped working when installing dark passenger theme which I believe is a known issue and I'm also a big fan of AOSP and AOSP themes. Other than that I do like how the ROM ran it was very snappy. I haven't given alot of time to the drew garen ROMs but I've heard good things. Apex is definitely working incredible just kinda bored with lack of toolbox and what not although I know Fab is planning a final release eventually

matjmonk
06-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I tried the ZombieStomp and thought it was ok but a touch boring (IMHO) I tried to install Mahi over .596 and had a butt load of issues which may or may not have been due to an incompatibility between .595 and .596. I did use LexLite for a few weeks and really liked it but I do tend to favor ASOP over blur anyway.

bdegs15
06-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I was running zombie for .595 and it was pretty sweet. Excellent battery and performance. Now I'm on liberty v6

Wulf
06-03-2011, 07:07 PM
I was using ZSed until 596 dropped. Its a good rom the only thing was, at least for me, it was testy when applying a theme. Now im on liberty v06. Working good so far with watermark theme.