PDA

View Full Version : Best drew garen rom?

jarrod138
05-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Which one is the best?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Jersey
05-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Depends on what your looking for out of it

rudyy
05-26-2011, 05:14 PM
yes, and some are for. 591 kernel, others for. 595.
i'm running zapx ginger 4.3, and it's stable, seems fast enough, was easy to install (though i had to replace the boot animation, and just noticed, after hours of running the rom, i'd lost my 3g signal. reboot fixed it.)
would like to see some themed apps besides the ones i already had.
if your a social networking type, the rom comes with plenty. i'm not, so i froze them.

i've also tried lexlite 4.4, but i'm happier with zapx, though i cannot explain why. maybe the second time around made it better.
would like ti try his .595 roms, nut i'm still not sure how to get to 595.

besides, liberty upgrades are in the pipeline.

Slappy
05-26-2011, 05:47 PM
wait for fabs work on .596

jarrod138
05-26-2011, 06:30 PM
I've only used the ones for. 595 . All I did to get to 595 was sbf to 340, flash the 3 .588 files, went to liberty all the way to v5. Then straight to zombie stomped.... took some factory reseting, and what not, but now I seem to be able to swap back and forth between any drew garen roms

TideFan22
05-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Broodcomb3 is very good

ZombieStomped with some Seeing Red

xjeepguy
05-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Broodcomb3 is very good

+1

jarrod138
05-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Cool. That's the only one I haven't tried yet....im on foxtrot right now, haven't got to play with it too much yet, but it has the coolest boot animation I've ever freaking seen, being in tanks myself...

akeezy
05-27-2011, 02:27 AM
yes, and some are for. 591 kernel, others for. 595.
i'm running zapx ginger 4.3, and it's stable, seems fast enough, was easy to install (though i had to replace the boot animation, and just noticed, after hours of running the rom, i'd lost my 3g signal. reboot fixed it.)
would like to see some themed apps besides the ones i already had.
if your a social networking type, the rom comes with plenty. i'm not, so i froze them.

i've also tried lexlite 4.4, but i'm happier with zapx, though i cannot explain why. maybe the second time around made it better.
would like ti try his .595 roms, nut i'm still not sure how to get to 595.

besides, liberty upgrades are in the pipeline.

I think I said something about this on another thread but here it is again. Your safest bet is to backup with titanium backup and sbf to 340 then install 573 gingerbread then 595 over it and then the rom. Then you can restore your apps and settings.

Back to the best rom. They are all blur free for the most part and seem to all have similar and great battery life. Personally I think the main difference between each is looks. But I've used all his roms and I think broodcomb is the best. Broodcoomb 2 is on a 588 kernel and works well but the 588 kernel has a few bugs and became laggy so I moved to zapx and lexlite on 595. Pretty snappy roms but when broodcomb 3 came out for the 595 build I was possibly the first on it haha. Broodcombs performance may the best of them all and I'm running the beta broodcomb 4 slightly overclocked. Its perfect

rudyy
05-27-2011, 02:46 AM
you know akeezy, i sbf'd once, and i'm not afraid of it, but it's so time consuming to bring everything back to where it is now. i really don't want to see that finger poking lloyd any time soon again.
one thing i've learned is to nandroid as soon as i make big changes, and immediately backup new apps.

akeezy
05-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Yea it does take a good while. And yea nandroid backups are always a necessity before trying to change something. But with the app restoration, unless you have a very large amount of apps it is pretty quick because you just go down the list of what you've backed up and the restoration takes a second

goldsmitht
05-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Yea it does take a good while. And yea nandroid backups are always a necessity before trying to change something. But with the app restoration, unless you have a very large amount of apps it is pretty quick because you just go down the list of what you've backed up and the restoration takes a second

going way out on the NOOB treebranch here, and ask a question i should know: How do i make a nandroid back-up? Ive backed up with TBU, and made a boostrap recovery using both DX bootstrap and D2 Bootstrap, but for the life of me, can't figure out which one is "Nandroid" backup.

So, if anyone can tell me which and how, would love to know, as i have had to SBF back to .340 after some bad downloads and would love to be able to just flash my former settings and not have to wait to download all my apps from the marketplace afterwards.

thanks

TideFan22
05-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Nandroid backup is the backup in clockwork ( bootstrap ) u may have done this second part, if u have then disregard.... then go to your file system, then sd card, scroll till u see clockworkmod folder, click it then click backup, then u can rename so u know what it is. When renaming don't use spaces or odd characters. Good Example Broodcomb3 Bad Example Broodcomb 3 or Broodcomb/3 Then when u want to restore in bootstrap you'll know what exactly your restoring. Cause after bootstrap makes a backup it uses numbers, so its easier

TideFan22
05-27-2011, 04:21 PM
A nandroid will backup every single thing... settings u may have had, ringtones etc etc

rudyy
05-27-2011, 05:20 PM
renaming the nandroids is excellent advice. i had about 8 backups i made this month after trying various roms and themes. i forgot what was what. fortunately astro lets you save long names, so i use rom, theme, date.

sparks639
05-27-2011, 05:28 PM
+1. Very happy with broocomb as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk