PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking/Liberty V5

oman0123
05-25-2011, 07:52 PM
I just got DX a few nights ago (not new to android at all) Started out on Zombiestomped went to use Droid Overclock and my X would freeze and reboot. Decided to switch to Liberty, went to use droid overclock same thing. Im using the built in overclocking, but would much rather use droid overclock. Is this happening to anybody else or is it just me? I have no idea why I cant use it and its peeving me off. Thanks for any help!

daankdroid
05-26-2011, 10:25 AM
I am on Liberty v0.5 GB, I am using JRummy's Droid OC app and I am oc'd do 1.3Ghz. It is so stable and snappy with minimal heat output that I am failing to understand why I see all these overclocking issues on GB. If you are using Liberty GB (any version) you should be using Droid Overclock (which made by the SAME DEVELOPER AS LIBERTY.)

You may have another app trying to manage your overclocking which is not good bc you dont want 2 apps trying to regulate the processors settings, but I really have my doubts this is the issue.

I have not had ANY random reboots since going to Liberty GB v0.5, no issues with the OC, non wireless issues...nada....if I were you I'd .sbf back to froyo, install liberty 2.0.1 (froyo), purchase the liberty donate toolbox and get into GB flawlessly with ease. IF you still have issues after that...then you know something else is a foot.

You could also .sbf back to Froyo, instal the OTA update, get Gingerbreak and have a stock rooted rom and see if the problem still persists.

rudyy
05-26-2011, 12:56 PM
somewhere someone said each phone responds differently to oc.
mine turtles above 1.15 gh no matter which app i use.

daankdroid
05-27-2011, 01:36 AM
somewhere someone said each phone responds differently to oc.
Mine turtles above 1.15 gh no matter which app i use.

^ troof

motiond
05-29-2011, 10:27 AM
I am on Liberty v0.5 GB, I am using JRummy's Droid OC app and I am oc'd do 1.3Ghz. It is so stable and snappy with minimal heat output that I am failing to understand why I see all these overclocking issues on GB. If you are using Liberty GB (any version) you should be using Droid Overclock (which made by the SAME DEVELOPER AS LIBERTY.)

You may have another app trying to manage your overclocking which is not good bc you dont want 2 apps trying to regulate the processors settings, but I really have my doubts this is the issue.

I have not had ANY random reboots since going to Liberty GB v0.5, no issues with the OC, non wireless issues...nada....if I were you I'd .sbf back to froyo, install liberty 2.0.1 (froyo), purchase the liberty donate toolbox and get into GB flawlessly with ease. IF you still have issues after that...then you know something else is a foot.

You could also .sbf back to Froyo, instal the OTA update, get Gingerbreak and have a stock rooted rom and see if the problem still persists.

Where do we get the OC kernel from?

popcenator
05-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Is it freezing when you open it up or when you use the phone after a setting has been applied? Did you wipe data/factory reset and all that before installing Liberty? Try going into the Liberty Toolbox -> Liberty tweaks -> Miscellaneous -> Fix Permissions.