PDA

View Full Version : Re-installing (blur)system apps

Chew DZ
05-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Ive concluded that the blur messaging/calendar apps dnt work without certain Apks. How do I go about installing them? When I try to install them it gives me an error

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Fo rums

Chew DZ
05-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Umm help?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Snow02
05-25-2011, 02:22 AM
Did you delete them or what?

Chew DZ
05-25-2011, 11:04 PM
On the GB Liberty release, some parts of blur were excluded; but the messaging app n etc. wnt work without it

B.E.McAllister
05-25-2011, 11:08 PM
You must be running a rom, which one? Exactly how are you trying to install them? If they come as a compressed file make sure you are unzipping it and putting the apks that you want to install on your sd card. Then you should just have to navigate to them and open them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oppps saw the liberty rom. Can't you instal them from the tool box?

Chew DZ
05-26-2011, 02:07 AM
They're just plain apks. When I try to install them it gives me an error

WhiteLabelDon
05-26-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm having the same problem on Apex

rudyy
05-26-2011, 03:57 AM
on liberty gingerbread there should be a customizer with lots of blur on it that you can install.
i think you can launch a window in settings, liberty, customizer, and it'll give you numerous options.

another way is through astro file mgr (or another file mgr) and in sd card, liberty customizer there's a folder with a bunch of stock apps, including mms.

good luck.

sorry, i know nothing about apex.

B.E.McAllister
05-26-2011, 07:27 AM
And if you download the removed blur zip from the apex thread you have to make a folder on your sd card named restore, place the files uncompressed that you want to install, goto your terminal, enter su, then restoreblur, and that will install your apps.