PDA

View Full Version : I need fast help, phone is bricked i think

dschwartz0815
05-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Ok so i was running Gingerbread .591 and wanted to upgrade to .595 to run that Zombie ROM that came out. I used droid 2 bootstrap, rebooted into recovery and selected the .zip file and said installation aborted status 7. And now when i reboot is just stops and the boot animation. I tried to enter recovery and cleared all data but im still stuck at boot animation. PLEASE HELP I NEED MY PHONE FOR TOMORROW !!!

MICHO
05-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Your first step to the road to recovery

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

And your second setep here

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/14548-bootloop-after-flashing-sbf-file.html

mikeinrichmond
05-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Try each of the 4 methods to get into clockwork, at least 3 times.. If you still cannot get into clockwork to restore a backup, you will need to SBF.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/15019-boot-into-recovery-power-off-state.html#post146692

If you need to SBF, first turn off the phone because it will not charge the way it is. Then go to this thread, download the iso, burn the image to cd, reboot the computer, hit F12(most computers) to bring up a boot order menu, pick boot from cd, when you get all the way to sound and video card choices just hit enter, and you will stop at a prompt that says #1 (phone in bootloader mode) or #2. At this point, go into bootloader mode (hold camera button and volume down button, then press the power button, when you see the screen blink, let go of all 3. It should bring up white text that says bootloader 30.04, Ok to program blah blah...) Now connect the phone to the computer, hit #1, and in about 9 minutes it'll be done. The phone will reboot in its own, and the computer screen will load up to Linux, just reboot the computer at this point...

After the SBF, if you are stuck in a bootloop (wait at least 5 minutes to see) this is normal. Just do a factory reset at that point, reboot again and it will be fine.

If you don't know how to factory reset, here ya go:

Power off, hold the home button then press and hold the power button until the android guy with the triangle shows up. Hit the search key, use the volume buttons to scroll down to wipe data/factory reset, choose it with the camera button, scroll down to yes, and choose it. It will do it's thing for about a minute. Hit the back button, then goto reboot and click it. When it boots back up you should be fine..

Let us know how it goes...

mikeinrichmond
05-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Your first step to the road to recovery

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

And your second setep here

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/14548-bootloop-after-flashing-sbf-file.html

Nice Ninja Micho!, my answer was a bit more long winded...LOL...

dschwartz0815
05-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok i tried all the ways to get into ClockWork Mod from power off state and had no luck. Looks like I'm SBF'ing. Oh well

MICHO
05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Nice Ninja Micho!, my answer was a bit more long winded...LOL...

All this in-between trying to fix my dxf apk. Lol
It won't let me upload pics

mikeinrichmond
05-24-2011, 06:47 PM
All this in-between trying to fix my dxf apk. Lol
It won't let me upload pics

I'm sure the 'Last Post Wins' thread is suffering greatly for it too....lol....

MICHO
05-24-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm sure the 'Last Post Wins' thread is suffering greatly for it too....lol....

Lol
That's the stupid thing I was able to post the pic's in the last post thread small and full size but I couldn't post them in that bundle thread idono.
But hey you have ninjaed my prob more than anyone lol it's all good.

dschwartz0815
05-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey so i got back to .340 Froyo. What now??? I want my phone set up to recieve the OTA Gingerbread so what Firmware and root or non-root should i be at ?

DRaulie2003
05-24-2011, 07:16 PM
From what I've been reading you will need to be on completely stock Froyo to be able to receive the update and I don't think being rooted matters as long as you still have all the bloat. But you will lose root when you update and it may be a while before the devs can get it rooted but im sure they'll be able to.

~Gingerbread Liberty v0.5 Undervolted to 50volts~

MICHO
05-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Hey so i got back to .340 Froyo. What now??? I want my phone set up to recieve the OTA Gingerbread so what Firmware and root or non-root should i be at ?

If you got your sbf on then your fine only thing if you run bootstrap it will fail the ota. So I'd you enter the It don't use bootstrap. But you can root and use root apps but you will lose root with the ota

dschwartz0815
05-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks very much guys. I now re-rooted and ill see what happens

MICHO
05-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks very much guys. I now re-rooted and ill see what happens

Cool deal!

mikeinrichmond
05-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you.. :)