PDA

View Full Version : anybody tried out the trident aegis yet?

hemi1300
05-22-2011, 01:28 PM
iPhone Covers And Cases, Cases For Apple iPad, iPod & iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S & Motorola Cell Phone Cases, HTC Evo & Incredible Case (http://tridentcase.com/product_30_75.html)

thinkin about ordering one and seein how i like it. Back using the incipio now, the aegis is pretty similar but has the port covers too. Have been using the cyclops for a while and really like it, but the silicone seems to pull off the back of the case pretty often, and can get annoying. Also have the kraken, but that thing is just huge!! Thinkin i don't really need a case providing that much protection, so i might stick with the incipio for now, or try out the aegis. Want something that i can easily slip in/out of my jeans pocket, which the incipio does, the aegis looks like it will be pretty easy to pocket carry also

sforsyth01
05-22-2011, 03:33 PM
I was all set to order it, but they don't have it in yellow, and charge $53 for overnight shipping. So instead I ordered the incipio for only 15 bucks and it only cost me $8 for overnight shipping.

I'm with you on the Kraken, I love it but don't need something that bulky everyday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

maineultraclassic
05-22-2011, 08:26 PM
I really like the Incipio, great to pocket, great feel of the case, seems like it would protect in a fall pretty good............just need a good screen protector to go with it.

Kraken is huge, way too big.......but awesome protection.

I'm trying out the Cyclops now, I really like it so far. Defender is back on the shelf for now, next to the Incipio.

Steve

hemi1300
05-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Well i ended up ordering the aegis to try it out, also ordered a defender to see how i like that one also. Still haven't found the perfect case. The kraken is huge, the cyclops is nice but the skin kept pulling off the back of the case and got frustrating, plus the trident holster is junk. If i'm gonna stick with a case holstered to my belt i want one that works great and is very durable, so maybe the defender will fit the bill. If not then i'll just probably stick with the incipio, unless i end up really likin the aegis case

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jonathon1289
06-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Any update on the Aegis case? I have looked at pics and reiews and it seems the silicone will catch when pulling out of a pocket. That is my current issue with the Otterbox Defender..silicone covering pulls off. I love the protection it offers, just wish the outside shell was hard or overlapped to hold the silicone in place.

music_man185
03-22-2012, 07:41 PM
i have the incipio. i really liked the fact that it was slim and was easy to get in and out of my pocket. but after just a couple months of EXTREMELY light use (weekends only, never dropped), it is developing a crack in the polycarbonate backing. its making me wonder how much my phone will actually be protected if i were to drop it. i really like the trident aegis. can anyone comment on the aegis vs the incipio? size is a big concern, because i use an otterbox defender and soon to be trident kraken 2 during the week. the whole reason i got the incipio was to be more pocket friendly on the weekends while still offering a degree of protection. so how much bigger is the aegis than incipio? and how much more durable? the silicone looks to be a lot thicker on the aegis. not sure about the polycarbonate. as i stated before, the incipio is cracked just from going in and out of my pocket. so i would like something more durable and protective while remaining slim.

music_man185
03-30-2012, 10:45 PM
bump.....anybody with the incipio and aegis can compare?