PDA

View Full Version : Bike attachment that fits DX?

turdbogls
05-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Ok, so I have really been into cycling lately and thought I could use a bike attachment for the phone since any "distance tracker" apps don't work with the phone in my pocket ffor obvious reasons.

Wondering if anyone out there can suggest one for me.

Thanks

Beamed from my DroidX

snawby
05-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Duct tape! Jk but you could try mounting one of the car mounts if you have flat spot on your bike. You could also use an arm band and tighten it to the handlebars

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

mikeinrichmond
05-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Ram makes mounts for bicycles and Droid phones...see here:

RAM Mounts for Motorola Droid Phones (http://www.ram-mount.com/NewProducts/motoroladroid/tabid/3343/Default.aspx)

turdbogls
05-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Not sure about the ran mounts fitting the DX... All it shows is the og droid and it says nothing other than "fits the motorola droid phones."

anyone have first hand experience with these and the DX?

Really looking for one that screw clamps to the bars....may be making one for myself from one of the 5 cases I have..lol

Yoey
05-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Im looking for one too. just came across this one
not sure how it is though
Amazon.com: Arkon SM427 Universal Bicycle/Motorcycle Mount with Mega Grip Holder for iPhone, HTC EVO 4G, HD2, Droid Incredible, Droid X, Galaxy S: Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-SM427-Universal-Motorcycle-Incredible/dp/B003X0DNT4/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1306254472&sr=1-2)

turdbogls
05-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah I saw those. I san just worried about it falling out of a "universal" holder us know. I was hoping for a DX specific one, but looks like that isn't going to happen

Snipples007
05-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Not sure about the ran mounts fitting the DX... All it shows is the og droid and it says nothing other than "fits the motorola droid phones."

anyone have first hand experience with these and the DX?

Really looking for one that screw clamps to the bars....may be making one for myself from one of the 5 cases I have..lol

The bike mount says it is universal, which means it is adjustable to fit your phone.

@ the Amazon product, two of the reviews said the phone popped out of the holder because you have to secure it with your hand. The one guy apparently crashed his motorcycle when his droid flew out of the mount. The other said his droid popped out after the first bump he hit on his bike and the screen shattered. There are good reviews about it, but personally I would stay away from it.

turdbogls
05-25-2011, 02:36 PM
yeah i just dont want to chance it. maybe if there was a completely enclosed "universal" mount or something. just dont want to take the chance on a "clamp in place" holder with my $200 device.

i am thinking, once i get some time, that i can somehow fashion a bike mount with my body glove with the belt clip attached and having that attach to the bars with a hose clamp. still worries me so if there is any doubt it wont hold on, it wont go for bike rides with me.

jmdrago
06-23-2011, 02:22 PM
This one will definitely hold the DX. It is one of my best sellers. It also fits the original Droid, Droid 2 and the new Droid X2. This is one of the best Motorola Droid X bike mounts available.

If you have any questions - please feel free to email me.

John Drago

cynkrzy
06-23-2011, 02:39 PM
I bought one of those Arkon for a car mount that I wouldn't have to remove my case. Big, clunky, cheap, functioned ok in the car, no way I'd use it on a bike. In the end I gave it away and just take the case off when I'm in the car

Swyped and Cyan!

jmdrago
06-23-2011, 11:23 PM
If it was big it was probably the SM400 series - those are big. This is the new SM500 series - the "Slim-Grip". Slimmest mount we sell.

John Drago

Yoey
06-24-2011, 11:49 AM
You have to take the case off? Im afraid of one bump and it flying out.

supermatt9
06-25-2011, 04:14 PM
jmdrago - I just ordered one of these off your site!

Everyone else - I'll be using it for road biking! I'll post a review of the product on here after it arrives!

biochemken
07-20-2011, 09:52 AM
John,

Do you know if that mount will fit a stem? I have a Cervelo P2 triathlon bike, and there is no handlebar space to mount the phone. The only stem specific mount I've found looks pretty shaky.

jmdrago
07-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Biochemken,

The mount will fit up to 33mm diameter (that's roughly 1.29921 inches). If the stem is no bigger than that - you should be good to go.

This is straight from the instructions:

"Fits handlebars up to 33mm diameter. Compatible with most straight, drop, trekking, touring, and standard (25.4mm and 26mm) size handlebars. Also for use with golf carts, ATVs, snowmobiles, hang gliders or other apparatus having cylinder-shaped frames or posts."

I hope this helps - any other questions, feel free to ask.

John Drago

chuck54
07-21-2011, 12:04 AM
I'd say duct tape or the GPS mount HA lol jk hopefully that made someone smirk

Sent from a noob on a DROIDX running Simply Stunning X (the most ballin' ROM!)