PDA

View Full Version : GB Roms

Matt127
05-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Im currently DS 4.2 but am thinking about updating to a GB rom. Can someone please tell me the steps of how to do this so I can flash a GB rom (either Liberty or Apex). I was pretty good with my old Eris when it came to customization but the DX has a lot of options i'm not familiar with yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And poll whiich is a better rom Libery or Apex. Just your oponions on that one..

popcenator
05-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Read this and follow the directions exactly.
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html

They are both great ROMs, its really just based off preference. Try both.

Ginger-Bluebread Liberty DX

Bkdodger
05-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Both are good ..I've only tried liberty so come on over buddy..get donate liberty toolbox in market $5 ..flash v1 full version for froyo and bammm your on gingerbread ..then you can flash latest v5 from toolbox with kernel..

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

popcenator
05-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Both are good ..I've only tried liberty so come on over buddy..get donate liberty toolbox in market $5 ..flash v1 full version for froyo and bammm your on gingerbread ..then you can flash latest v5 from toolbox with kernel..

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

+1 Liberty is excellent. Apex is good too but I'm a Liberty man myself.

Matt127
05-22-2011, 11:32 AM
So doing the toolbox donate version from the market, will it have the latest version in it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Bkdodger
05-22-2011, 11:55 AM
So doing the toolbox donate version from the market, will it have the latest version in it?

Yes sir...all included

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

popcenator
05-22-2011, 11:58 AM

Everything you need for GB and Liberty is in there. As BK said, install v.1 first (for froyo) then v.5.

Bkdodger
05-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Give us a post once your in the liberty family Matt..

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

Matt127
05-22-2011, 11:15 PM
if I wanna go old school and dl the liberty rom then put it onto my DX where do I go to find the rom?? I know I've seen it before but I cant remember where it was.. I wanna try it but I really dont want to pay $5.... I'm not cheap just get bored easily....And if I do it the old way of flashing the rom will it have everything the donate version has??

Matt127
05-22-2011, 11:23 PM
the more i think about this the more questions i have....does this rom have an update notification built into it so if the developer updates it i'll know??

popcenator
05-22-2011, 11:44 PM
if I wanna go old school and dl the liberty rom then put it onto my DX where do I go to find the rom?? I know I've seen it before but I cant remember where it was.. I wanna try it but I really dont want to pay $5.... I'm not cheap just get bored easily....And if I do it the old way of flashing the rom will it have everything the donate version has??

Liberty GB is only available through the toolbox donate version.

Zog
05-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Wrong.

Jrummy was kind enough to release 0.4 that you can dl and flash here:
[ROM] Liberty Gingerbread v0.4 - Return of the Eagle - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/145479-rom-liberty-gingerbread-v0-4-return-eagle.html)

You receive new updates (like 0.5) through the donate toolbox. The answer to your question is no. Just fyi you must sbf your phone back to Froyo if you don't like Gingerbread - Don't do a nandroid to it.

popcenator
05-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Wrong.

Jrummy was kind enough to release 0.4 that you can dl and flash here:
[ROM] Liberty Gingerbread v0.4 - Return of the Eagle - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/145479-rom-liberty-gingerbread-v0-4-return-eagle.html)

You receive new updates (like 0.5) through the donate toolbox. The answer to your question is no. Just fyi you must sbf your phone back to Froyo if you don't like Gingerbread - Don't do a nandroid to it.

That may be so...but v.4 is now dated and not the current build of Liberty GB, which is only available through the toolbox donate. Why go back to a version with bugs that haven't been addressed?

Matt127
05-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Well I tried Liberty 2.0.1 and i must say I really didnt like it compared to my Darkslide 4.2 that i've been running for months now. The main problem is no wireless tether on it. I use this everyday so I must have it.. Unless the Liberty crew puts wireless tether on their rom I think i will stay with Darkslide until BB comes out with his version of GB...

drago11
05-23-2011, 01:38 PM
I ran darkslide 4.2 for a month and loved (still do) but wanted to see what all the hype was with liberty 2.0.1 and I must say I like it the same if not better than darkslide. As to your comment about not having wireless tethering ... if you used TB while on darkslide then you can restore it on liberty ... that's what I did and have it on liberty and it works fine

Matt127
05-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I haw alway used titanium backup but for some reason wireless tether is not in it nor is it in my apps on the market and I when I search for it on the market it doesn't show up?

Matt127
05-23-2011, 02:34 PM
And I didn't like how I can't change to notification sounds for my text messages or email accounts

drago11
05-23-2011, 03:27 PM
That's weird for tether not showing up ... honestly I was surprised when I say it my TB. And yeah there are some quirks on liberty but I think that goes for any rom or theme. I looking at jumping up to the leaked liberty.5 gb ... it has some features that 2.0.1 doesn't

Matt127
05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
ok so i got Liberty 2.0.1 installed and i have to say after figuring out how to get wifi tether working all the customizations make this a pretty good rom!!

Slappy
05-23-2011, 08:21 PM
give apex a whirl.

jwalz
05-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Just remember to be careful if u go to liberty gb...the tether popo will get you.lol

my liberated X with freshly baked blue bread

Matt127
05-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Is there a way to look at the themes before I install them? And do I have to do the wipe when the box comes up?