PDA

View Full Version : Bad Experience with Lexlite 4.4

iphonekiller
05-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Just had a bad experience with Lexlite 4.4. I had Liberty GB v.5 installed, wiped everything, installed the .595 leak, then installed R2Ginger, wiped everything, then went to Lexlite. After LL installed, I couldn't install any apps, including D2 bootstrapper. ROM manager would open, but wouldn't function correctly. So, I had no clockwork and no way to reflash!!! Currently doing an SBF....WTF?

mustafaluigi
05-20-2011, 05:45 PM
had the same problem, was your home and search key not working as well? I sbf'ed and tried again and no problems so far

iphonekiller
05-20-2011, 05:51 PM
had the same problem, was your home and search key not working as well? I sbf'ed and tried again and no problems so far

How did you SBF? I just used RSD and it didnt work correctly. Still traces of lexlite (rom manager & overclock).

fc127
05-20-2011, 05:53 PM
How did you SBF? I just used RSD and it didnt work correctly. Still traces of lexlite (rom manager & overclock).

You have to do a factory reset in stock recovery after you sbf.

Sent from my Gingy DX

TideFan22
05-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Are u still on lexlite? If so Do a factory reset that should fix it. Edit: if you've already sbf'd then nm, also after u sbf do a factory reset

Rammer Jammer yellow hammer give em hell Alabama!!!

iphonekiller
05-20-2011, 06:05 PM
You have to do a factory reset in stock recovery after you sbf.

Sent from my Gingy DX

Did the trick....thanks!!!!!

Artisticsoul79
05-20-2011, 06:07 PM
There is another post that talks about Drew Garen roms and people, including myself with issues..

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

mikeinrichmond
05-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Since Mr. Garen does not post his stuff to any of the forums, there is little support except from kind folks that have taken the plunge and are willing to help..

Vs Liberty or Apex or Rubix where we can get info. from the developers directly...FWIW, I prefer the latter.

rudyy
05-20-2011, 07:07 PM
there is something to be said for the posting of roms, themes and other tweaks on forums, bc of all the people who frequent them.
i'm in the other post about lexlite mentioned above, and i had the same problems, but i got back into bootstrap and restored to liberty gingerbread v0.5 yesterday.
today i reflashed lexlite gingeraid 4.4 without wiping caches or data (as recommended by another user), and it loaded fine.
minor problems, i can't upload an image to the forum, but there could be an issue between the rom and the themed dxf app i'm using.
also, the liberty toolbox is confused. it wants me to install liberty 2.0.1. i ignore that, but i need it to reboot bootstrap, i guess.
looking into both of these; well, maybe later.

akeezy
05-20-2011, 08:50 PM
It seems that most of the people with these problems with drew garens roms have been coming from a different rom. I have only used drew's roms and the one time I was on liberty I just restored a backup.

Rudy what exactly did you do today that worked for you? It could probably help out some other people

rudyy
05-20-2011, 09:55 PM
It seems that most of the people with these problems with drew garens roms have been coming from a different rom. I have only used drew's roms and the one time I was on liberty I just restored a backup.

Rudy what exactly did you do today that worked for you? It could probably help out some other people

i did what you mentioned: downloaded, went into bootstrap, flashed the rom. no wipes.
i was on liberty gingerbread v0.5, .591 kernel.

akeezy, how can I get to 595? seem to be some roms out there I'd like to maybe try.

fc127
05-20-2011, 09:59 PM
i did what you mentioned: downloaded, went into bootstrap, flashed the rom. no wipes.
i was on liberty gingerbread v0.5, .591 kernel.

akeezy, how can I get to 595? seem to be some roms out there I'd like to maybe try.

You could flash the. 595 update.zip from the tbh app, if you have it.

Sent from my Gingy DX

rudyy
05-20-2011, 10:02 PM
You could flash the. 595 update.zip from the tbh app, if you have it.

Sent from my Gingy DX

i don't, and PayPal doesn't like the visa gift card I'm trying to use. might have to give a real credit card; i want tbh app.

edit: don't know why the tbh site would not take a visa gift card, so i paid with a real credit card.
i am floored by all of the stuff available through tbh app.
i'm going to spend some time going through it all.

fc127
05-20-2011, 10:40 PM
i don't, and PayPal doesn't like the visa gift card I'm trying to use. might have to give a real credit card; i want tbh app.

It is surely worth the $2

Sent from my Gingy DX

akeezy
05-20-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't have the tbh app so I do everything manually. You can install the 595 bulid over your current 591. But since you're running a 591 rom, I'm pretty sure you'll have to get rid of the rom in order to update and avoid issues. I was never on 591(i went from 588 down to 573 then 595) so I cant really offer advice on how to update from 591 to 595 without a factory wipe. You may want to get some info on that but I assume if you go into clockwork and wipe cache before installing the 595 build you'll be fine. Then reboot and make sure everything is ok then back into clockwork and install the 595 rom.

rudyy
05-20-2011, 11:58 PM
ok. i am going to look further into it. i don't want to have to go backwards unless it's a simple restore through bootstrap.
tbh has some stuff i'm going to read first. plus i want to stay on lexlite for a few days to make sure it's stable for what i do.
again thanks for your wisdom.

akeezy
05-21-2011, 12:42 AM
I have no wisdom man. All i've got is a bunch of knowledge and enthusiasm for rooted droids and drew garen roms haha but youre welcome. I'm glad I could help a bit. I think I'm going to need to get the tbh app just to extend my knowledge some more and i'm sure it'll be useful

Artisticsoul79
05-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Since Mr. Garen does not post his stuff to any of the forums, there is little support except from kind folks that have taken the plunge and are willing to help..

Vs Liberty or Apex or Rubix where we can get info. from the developers directly...FWIW, I prefer the latter.

Is there a Rubix rom for the 595 build?

Artisticsoul79
05-21-2011, 12:56 AM
I flashed 595 from TBH over 591 and have been on this version for over a week... I have not flashed any other roms except DG which have failed..

iphonekiller
05-21-2011, 01:13 AM
I got Lexlite 4.4 installed, but honestly, not really impressed. Liberty GB v.5 seemed smoother and faster. I think i'll stay away from DG's ROMs for now. Running a deodexed .591 right now. Not really sure where i'm going to go from here..... really waiting for Liberty GB to run on .595

TideFan22
05-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Broodcomb3 is a very good rom, its a 595 rom, if u go to 595 try it, its smooth and snappy and no reboots. Plus he's got a few others for 591 and 595. Or if u go to 595 try zombiestomped1.7, I haven't tried it yet but im gonna give it a run tomorrow

rudyy
05-21-2011, 01:50 AM
fwiw, don't be mislead. garen's website has a discussion board where users and garen answer questions and help others.
i just came from there.

elivaldez84
05-24-2011, 09:00 PM
I was just on here to see what's new and happening when I saw the total of the post. Well im part of the DG Beta Team and I have tested and confirmed all of the rims to b working great. I spotted what u did wrong eight of the bat.

For n e one that want to give DG roms a try u should first of all

Come from a fresh install of the leak ur gonna b flashing. If ur gonna flash a 591 rom first do a fresh install if the 591 leak. The ones that TBH have on their app work flawlessly. Or u can download them from Drews site. Install and reboot phone.

Get back into bootstrap and back to recovery and ONLY wipe cache.
Then flash ur rom.
On reboot ur gonna b good to go.

If u want to go to a 595 rom then do the process again. If ur gonna go from a 591 u go ahead and wipe everything and then install the 595 leak. And follow the same process.

When ur gonna flash another DG rom over a DG rom I just wipe cache if they r the same build.
If u wipe data u cripple the rom. And if u go back from a 595 to a 591 its safe to just wipe data and then cache and then flash the rom. I don't have to and and start all over.

Sorry if this is long.

drewgaren
05-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Say what you will about my roms. Trash them as much as much as you like but many people do like them and I continue to make them for those people and incorporate things that they would like. I have some great upcoming roms that will be great. I don't normally post on these forums because it is such a hassle to check for me. I have my own site that I maintain with my own discussion boards that my users help support each other. If you guys have a problem you can always visit my site, try a google search for drewgaren I'm sure you'll find it. Thats it for now folks.

TideFan22
05-24-2011, 10:17 PM
And ill continue to run your gb roms, there great I really like broodcomb. Great work man. Thanks for making them. Glad we still have someone still making roms for the X

SpookyJ
05-24-2011, 11:02 PM
I've used every ROM available, and always come back to DG's ROMS. The one and ONLY time that I had a problem, was when I failed to read and follow the simple instructions on his website (I wiped a second time B4 flashing his ROM, and he very clearly states NOT to do that - which is the opposite of some other ROMs that I have used in the past; each ROM being a little different in that regard). Forgive me if I sound defensive on this issue, and for any offense that I may cause (none is intended), but the first portion of this thread really got me going.

Drew has a very clear and concise website, gives very helpful and rapid support to his user base, and implements bug fixes and feature requests quickly, diligently and professionally (just check his change logs). There isn't a ROM made, including stock (OEM's), that don't have complaints from someone, but in the case of quality, custom ROM's, more often than not, the issues lie with the user (take the example of my little mistake above), which is why most developers include a disclaimer that they are not responsible for any damage to your device - especially if you fail to follow their instructions to the letter.

I don't mind a request for help, but I detest an unfair assault on a competent developer who puts his/her heart into making what most users would never even attempt. Maybe my 25+ years in the IT industry has made me a little jaded on the subject (I fortunately have a behind the scenes position that doesn't require public interaction), and as I said before, I intend to create no ill will, flame fest, or offense to anyone at all, but I do intend to set the record straight before it becomes obfuscated any further: Drew Garen's ROM's are high quality, user friendly, feature packed, and extremely stable, and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is comfortable with their personal level of competence in the matter.

Now... have a really, really, really nice day!

[Edit]: I don't know Mr. Garen, I'm not in his beta team (he has a friggin' beta team for crying out loud!), he doesn't know me, hasn't paid me, and probably couldn't even stand me.

bignasty407
05-24-2011, 11:20 PM
id love to know the fix for my lexlite froyo problem. because that rom looked awesome. so if its fixable. im running it.

akeezy
05-25-2011, 02:29 AM
I was just on here to see what's new and happening when I saw the total of the post. Well im part of the DG Beta Team and I have tested and confirmed all of the rims to b working great. I spotted what u did wrong eight of the bat.

For n e one that want to give DG roms a try u should first of all

Come from a fresh install of the leak ur gonna b flashing. If ur gonna flash a 591 rom first do a fresh install if the 591 leak. The ones that TBH have on their app work flawlessly. Or u can download them from Drews site. Install and reboot phone.

Get back into bootstrap and back to recovery and ONLY wipe cache.
Then flash ur rom.
On reboot ur gonna b good to go.

If u want to go to a 595 rom then do the process again. If ur gonna go from a 591 u go ahead and wipe everything and then install the 595 leak. And follow the same process.

When ur gonna flash another DG rom over a DG rom I just wipe cache if they r the same build.
If u wipe data u cripple the rom. And if u go back from a 595 to a 591 its safe to just wipe data and then cache and then flash the rom. I don't have to and and start all over.

Sorry if this is long.

That's exactly what I do and have been posting for those having trouble. Some say they still have problems but I don't know what to think.

I personally love DG roms and recommend them above rubix,apex,and liberty. His roms are simple and user-friendly. I wish I could be on his beta team

rudyy
05-25-2011, 03:07 AM
you should be on his beta team.

elivaldez84
05-25-2011, 08:54 AM
That's exactly what I do and have been posting for those having trouble. Some say they still have problems but I don't know what to think.

I personally love DG roms and recommend them above rubix,apex,and liberty. His roms are simple and user-friendly. I wish I could be on his beta team

Well I never expected to be on the the Beta Team, but I came across it one day that I was hunting for GB roms for my DX and he had it posted there to join. So I put my app in and what do you know, a few days later I get a mail from Drew himself, Welcome to the Beta Team! Best accomplishment I have ever reached in my Android experience.
His site has everything you need, especially INSTRUCTIONS, and i feel important now. But I like coming into the different forums to check out other developers also. Thats the beauty of Android!
All I can say is thank you to all those devs like DG, Koush, P3, JRummy, Kjar13 and all the plenty handful of others that I might not have mentioned, thanx to them ANDROID ROCKS!!!!!!!

minorthreat412
05-25-2011, 09:46 AM
I had problems with dg roms also. I guess I shouldn't have wiped as much as I did. But a simple way to avoid sbfing if u cant install stuff without it rebooting is to use adb to change install location to sd card and install d2 bootstrapper also using adb. Then just restore a backup.

griz.droidx
05-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Just wanted to chime in. I just came from Liberty v5 and apex. Both roms were pretty good. Liberty with the stealth theme was awesome and was very speedy. I've been having samba issues with those and decided to try DG's roms. After following his directions to the letter, I'm now in R2Ginger. I normally wouldn't go for all the added stuff, but I wanted to see what the StarWars thing looked like. The Droid R2D2, I figure this is as close as I could get. So far so good with this rom. It seems snappy enough, but I won't know for a day or so how I really like it. But as I said, Everything seems to work, still gotta try the samba thing. It could be my pc's firewall, but I have allowed access for my ip range and what not and its still no go, usually the android samba app I'm using just FC's. I will try R2Ginger and see how it works on there.

I too also wanted to thank everyone who makes these things possible, not only drew and his beta team, but all the other dev's, hacks, testers, and the people of this forum and others. Will report back on this rom in a day or so.

3rotorRX8
05-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Start with fresh 595 build, sign in let it sink then flash over top without wipe

cclauss777
05-31-2011, 01:04 PM
iphonekiller, I too had the same problems with Garen's ROMs. I also did an SBF and after I rebooted, my SD Card was damaged. I had to go to Verizon and receive a new SD Card and lost ALL my apps and data. So I don't know what is up with Drew Garen's ROMs...

3rotorRX8
05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
I had my problems too till I figured out to start fresh and don't wipe when flashing his roms. Now his nightlys are a different story, every one I tried the home button doesn't work.

akeezy
05-31-2011, 01:51 PM
iphonekiller, I too had the same problems with Garen's ROMs. I also did an SBF and after I rebooted, my SD Card was damaged. I had to go to Verizon and receive a new SD Card and lost ALL my apps and data. So I don't know what is up with Drew Garen's ROMs...

There's nothing wrong with his roms. They are simple to install. the issues come from not following the instructions correctly.

akeezy
05-31-2011, 01:54 PM
I had my problems too till I figured out to start fresh and don't wipe when flashing his roms. Now his nightlys are a different story, every one I tried the home button doesn't work.

with the nightlies, did you install them over their previous versions? Like broodcomb4 over broodcomb3? Hopefully you did that

SpookyJ
05-31-2011, 04:43 PM
I ate a chicken pot pie the other night, and the very next day my car caught fire while waiting for three Nuns to cross the street. Not sure what was up with that chicken pot pie.

:: Unsubscribing from this thread before my head explodes ::

- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

3rotorRX8
06-01-2011, 10:20 AM
with the nightlies, did you install them over their previous versions? Like broodcomb4 over broodcomb3? Hopefully you did that

Yes only with nighties, I tried several install ways but still had home in button issues. Other than that his rims are clean n stable. Just start fresh and no wiping.

matjmonk
06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I ate a chicken pot pie the other night, and the very next day my car caught fire while waiting for three Nuns to cross the street. Not sure what was up with that chicken pot pie.

:: Unsubscribing from this thread before my head explodes ::

- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!!