PDA

View Full Version : How to move file to root of sd card

cphillips757
05-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Im on libertygb .5 and I'm trying to install the android kills apple bootanimation n cant get it to install ive followed the directions b liberty toolbox cant find it. I read that u have to move the zip to the root of ur sd card but dont kno how or kno what the root of my sd card is...plz help I have root explorer downloaded

popcenator
05-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Go into root explorer, go into data, then local. That's where the animation needs to be. You have to rename it to bootanimaton.zip and remove the one located there already. To get to where you downloaded it go down to SDcard, to download, long press on the downloaded animation and select move. Then go to the folder mentioned above and paste. Then delete the original, and finally rename as mentioned above.

GBLDX

jerofld
05-20-2011, 06:29 AM
I don't know if Liberty comes with a root explorer with mount r/w (read/write) capability, but that is a requirement of changing out a bootloader. Even when you're rooted, the files are protected by being r/o (read only). So anything that can't mount r/w is worthless. I've played with a bunch of explorers and only Root Explorer has this capability.

So I'd recommend that if Liberty doesn't have one built in, go buy Root Explorer. Not like this will be your last Android phone, and I'm sure Root Explorer will work on any future phone you get.

cphillips757
05-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks, I got it to work. I appericate all the help

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums