PDA

View Full Version : Otterbox deffender and trident kraken questions

WhichCase
05-19-2011, 02:19 PM
simple question. which would you choose and why. Pros vs. Cons ? i have read so many reviews on these cases and i still cant make up my mind.

i also read reviews on the otterbox commuter and i dont like how the flaps dont stay flush with the case a pop out all the time

thanks for any suggestions :)

jwalz
05-19-2011, 02:31 PM
What about the Trident Cyclops? It does not have the belt clip to offer but everything else is just as good or better
.. the kraken and defender is so much protection. The only type of person needing that much is a construction worker and if u r one u should definitely not have ur phone on you.lol
The home buttons on the Cyclops are the best out of all three in my opinion
my liberated X with freshly baked blue bread

Slappy
05-19-2011, 02:34 PM
had both and returned both because i didn't like the size of either. however, out of the two, i would go with the kracken. the rubber outer layer on the defender comes off more easily when pulling the phone out of your pocket. it's also a bit bulkier and heavier than the kracken. my only complaint about the kracken was its looks. doesn't go too well with office decor. but you've got tons of options with colors and the like.

when it comes down to it, nobody can tell you what will be be the best case for your uses and preferences. i say order both off amazon and return the one you don't like.

WhichCase
05-19-2011, 02:43 PM
i did own the cyclops but i ended up returning it because when i would put it in an out of my pocket it would pull the silicone off the back of the case and it just became really anoying for me. the screen protecter on my cyclops was also wavy. im now looking for other options.

maineultraclassic
05-19-2011, 04:42 PM
I have both the Defender and the Kraken, as well as the Commuter and the Incipio..........and I have a Cyclops on the way.

The Kraken is huge, no doubt about it. The inner case snaps tight and stays tight. The outer silicone case fits on the case better and stays on better. It comes with dust screens for the mics, and covers for the camera and led's. BUT......the screen protector sucks, it sticks to the phone and causes an oily apprearance. And it is HUGE.

The Defender is big, but smaller then the Kraken. The inner case snaps together, but loosely. The outer silicone case fits good, but is easy to come loose. No dust covers for the mics, and no protection for the camera. The screen protector is great, doesn't stick to the phone, and response is perfect. And, it comes with the belt holster.

Commuter sucks, the outer case doesn't stay on at all. The rubber flap doesn't stay in at all. It drove me nuts and only lasted about 15 minutes on my phone. For sale if anyone wants to try it out after my great review of it here.

Incipio is a great little case, easy to pocket, stays together well. You have to provide your own screen protector.

Steve

jwalz
05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Well if u wana pocket it u gotta get the incipio

my liberated X with freshly baked blue bread

CURBSHOT
05-23-2011, 01:44 AM
I have a defender I have dropped it skipped it through a parking lot it dribbled about ten feet.... I was scared to pick it up. When I did I couldn't even find one place where it hit the ground. Btw I clean chimneys for work and am very hard on phones... the defender a must for me

Sent from my APEX 1.4.1DROIDX using Droid X Forums