PDA

View Full Version : Battery Meter in Rom is acting up.

Aydos
05-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Hello I am currently running Drew Garen's R2Ginger ROM. I love it so far even more than the gingercomb, b/c I am such a Star Wars nerd.

My question might not just be a problem in this ROM it might occur in others so you may be able to help me even if you have never used any of his ROMs.

I installed the ROM over my .595 and everything works great, except I charged it to 100% after the install and then ran the battery calibration app like I always do with a new ROM.

When I unplugged the charger the phone after minimal use went to 80% and stayed there.

I thought nothing of it and went to bed and let the phone charge. When I got up for work it was at 100% again and I put it in my pocket and drove to work.

When I got to work it said 80% again. I recharged it to 100% recalibrated the battery and it did it again.

The odd thing is when it says 80% at the top and I plug it into the charger the charge meter on the lock screen when it is charging says it is at 90%.

I know that the Droid X only reads in increments of 10, but it is almmost like the ROM can only do increments of 20.

Anyone know anything I can do to fix this?

Aydos
05-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Also, when I go to the battery usage under settings it says that I only have like 2 hours left which is obviously wrong.

akeezy
05-19-2011, 01:29 PM
The drew garen roms on 595 show 20% increments

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

C Dippa
05-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Also, when I go to the battery usage under settings it says that I only have like 2 hours left which is obviously wrong.

That just tells you how long your phone has been on battery power, not how much time it has left...

Sent from my X to the interwebz

Aydos
05-19-2011, 02:24 PM
That just tells you how long your phone has been on battery power, not how much time it has left...

Sent from my X to the interwebz

Oh ok thank you for that clarification.

Aydos
05-19-2011, 02:24 PM
The drew garen roms on 595 show 20% increments

Ah. Is there a way to make it do it in 10% increments ?

akeezy
05-19-2011, 10:19 PM
i know there is a file that was made to flash on one of the earlier leaks but i don't think there is one for the 595 build. I'm probably wrong so i'll look into it

akeezy
05-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Just did some searching and now I'm pretty sure there isn't a fix for it