PDA

View Full Version : clockworkmod recovery help

power950
05-18-2011, 09:27 PM
so i have a droid x got it from verizon and the camera button stopped working about a week after i got it then about a month later it started working again then randomly stopped so i thought i dont need it anyways well i looked around a bit a couple people had this problem and i cant select anything in clockwork mod besides using rom manager to automatically shortcut to it thats how iv been using it im on the stock system 2.2 and i want to change that but scared because if i brick it i cant back up my files so i found clockwork recovery mod 3.0.2.8

i believe its for the desire but i put it in rom manager and booted it and it ran on my droid x and if i press both volume keys at the same time it will enable the four hardkeys at the bottom so i can select by pressing search so i dont need to use my camera button but it wont replace my clockwork mod 2.5.0.6 i was wondering if i could somehow cuz it works for me thus far but if i brick my phone i need it to boot for me ya see? thanks in advance

Mod edit: links to free downloads of paid software aren't allowed

1KDS
05-18-2011, 09:41 PM
I would not use a recovery built for a different device. Your best bet would be to SBF flash the phone back to stock and get a warranty replacement from VZW.

power950
05-18-2011, 09:53 PM
well thats the thing 1 i dont want to go through the hassle of getting everything on a new phone configured again 2 it has water damage idr how but the marks under the battery are red xs so that means i have to pay 50 dollars for a water warranty even tho i have a warranty so even if i mess it up ill pay 50 so id rather die trying and if i mess it up just tell them i lost it and get a new one for 50 cuz either way im paying 50 but this way ill at least try so ill take a gamble if there is a way

power950
05-18-2011, 09:53 PM
oo and there was paid content in that link im pretty sure it was free to anyone? im confused sorry if there was?

1KDS
05-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Bootstrap/clockwork is paid

If you don't want to get a replacement your best bet would be to stick with ROM Manager, you can still use the backup/nandroid option with RM. Read up on SBF, that could possibly in your future if RM screws up or you decide to get a replacement.

power950
05-18-2011, 10:01 PM
alright well thanks for your concern ill look into it.