PDA

View Full Version : 3g hotspot

Onethumb
05-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Just curious but does anybody use the hotspot app or has anyone ever tried it. If so how was it.

Swyped with onethumb

ashpdwinDX
05-17-2011, 11:45 PM
I've only used it with the TBH patch installed, but nonetheless it was alot more reliable and stable than free wifi tether app. This was on froyo btw

Abe21599
05-17-2011, 11:50 PM
its not advised to use anymore on gingerbread, but i mean it worked like it was supposed to on froyo...

X street
05-17-2011, 11:55 PM
I used pda.net and easy tether, and the hotspot, using the patch. The 3g hotspot is by far the easiest tethering solution. Thou there have been warning about using the patch. If you need to tether frequently, I recommend it. So as long as you have good reception the app works. However, if your 3g reception is spotty you still have trouble using the app. Internet speeds are okay. Don't recommend using it for video, takes a while to load. Fun fact, if you have ads free installed on your phone and tether, whatever device is tethering also will be ad free.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

LarryM04
05-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Is there a "trial" time to the built-in 3G hotspot app?

Just for grins, I turned it on, pointed my laptop's wifi connection to it, and connected just fine. I only opened a couple sites in Firefox, but it seemed to be working.

???

Backnblack
05-19-2011, 10:43 AM

Just for grins, I turned it on, pointed my laptop's wifi connection to it, and connected just fine. I only opened a couple sites in Firefox, but it seemed to be working.

???

No trial...It should of taken you to a sign up page...

SVDroidDude
05-19-2011, 10:48 AM

???

Looks like you are paying for it....check your bill. $20.

X street
05-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Looks like you are paying for it....check your bill. $20.

unless you filled out the webpage from verizon agreeing to the service and to pay for it, you are not paying for it. you should be safe.

LarryM04
05-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Hmm... I don't see anything that says "3G Hotspot" on my bill. Is it called something that wouldn't be obvious? Can;t imagine I'm getting a freebie...