PDA

View Full Version : Liberty GB to R2Ginger (595)

iphonekiller
05-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Hey everyone. Thinking about trying R2Ginger. Right now I'm on Liberty GB v.5. Can I wipe data/cache and flash the .595 leak without an SBF?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Slappy
05-17-2011, 10:20 PM
i tried once and it worked, but since 1KDS made it so easy to sbf, I always do it. makes the phone perkier and always avoids app or icon or other issues.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

fc127
05-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone. Thinking about trying R2Ginger. Right now I'm on Liberty GB v.5. Can I wipe data/cache and flash the .595 leak without an SBF?

I did, from apex GB to .595 to FoXTrot all without wiping anything.

Sent from my Gingy DX

TheJustPull
05-18-2011, 05:08 PM
When I tried getting lexlite on it bootlooped because I wasn't on a fresh gb build. Just something to consider before you attempt it, sbf land isn't a fun place to visit.

akeezy
05-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Be very careful with this. Liberty is a totally different system from R2ginger. So just to be safe I'd do a full wipe before installing it. But if you were switching between drew garen rom's it would be okay to not wipe, but i always wipe cache as a precautionary measure

Jasandroidx
05-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Wow. I'm gone two days and its as if I'm discovering the wheel again. On lib 5 gb and having fun with it. Just started exploring the Rom you can getbthrough it, suchvas Facebook black. Bit confused so firstly if there is a link to some info on those, mainly how I have three audio players, would help much. Secondly....what now? R2 or something? Can do my own research but a couple links would be.great thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

akeezy
05-19-2011, 01:26 AM
I'm not a liberty man so I can't help you much with that. But the R2Ginger is a rom by drew garen. You can find it here drewgaren.com (http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/Welcome.html)

InsomNiaC
05-19-2011, 08:31 PM
dont be lazy, back up your apps with titanium, and do a complete wipe.

griz.droidx
05-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Where can I find some screens for R2ginger? I'm on Liberty .5 and loving it, tried apex and I really liked it too, but I really LOVE the customizer and stuff in Liberty. I would like to try R2 on 595 and maybe a couple other garen roms but being a starwars nut not a fanatic but a fan since the first movie hit theatres in the late seventies. Id like to see how it looks and check out the sounds and animations etc. Also, if someone is running R2 could you post some screens, I read where one guy installed it but didn't like all the white in the theme. I don't think I would either. I think he used another theme overtop of that rom.

What are your experiences with this rom and other garen roms. How much blur and bloat is in the r2 build? What are your experiences with it fc's and compatibility HDMI etc etc.

Thanks a ton. As I said right now Im on Lib.5 and I really like it. I did add a theme that I like on it I think it was stealth or something, basically a black theme with white lettering and indicators. I'd really appreciate some screens or links to screens of garens roms. Also what themes are available for those and where can I find them? Thanks in advance.

griz

griz.droidx
05-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey people just thought Id share my experience with R2ginger. I was running Liberty .5 and wanted to try the new 595 or 596. I would have chosen 596 had a good rom been available for it. I know its a bit early for that. Anywho, I followed Drew's instructions to the letter, and installed deodexed 595, then R2G, and as of now I have setup wifi, downloaded google earth from the market and have had no troubles to speak of.

Has anyone tried using any of the themes out there for 595 with this or any other DrewG rom? I saw a post where one guy used stygian them on his R2G without a hitch. I'll post more when I have used this rom for a while, and have installed my usual boatload of apps. All the while watching battery life and keeping an eye on performance.

Many thanks to all the guys who made this rom possible and all the dev's out there still working on the droid x. I hope to be able to make a few donations to a few people in a week or two. Thanks again for your hard work.