PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Nightlies GB

Jeffer13
05-17-2011, 12:22 PM
I am rooted and running froyo and i downloaded the Liberty GB v0.1full install. I already tried it once and have to sbf. what do i do to make sure that doesnt happen again? Factory reset? and wipe everything?

popcenator
05-17-2011, 12:29 PM
What caused you to have to SBF? Were you running any ROMs on Froyo? Also, there's a version of v.1 to download if you're on Froyo, and one if you're on Gingerbread, did you download the right one?

ryant35
05-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I am rooted and running froyo and i downloaded the Liberty GB v0.1full install. I already tried it once and have to sbf. what do i do to make sure that doesnt happen again? Factory reset? and wipe everything?

Yes to wipe everything, you can use Titanium Back-up to restore all your apps.

Also install the newest version of Liberty for GB v0.5 because the first few versions had glitches.

popcenator
05-17-2011, 12:44 PM

Also install the newest version of Liberty for GB v0.5 because the first few versions had glitches.

Just make sure you go to v.1 first, then from there you can go to v.5.

GBLDX

two250
05-17-2011, 12:45 PM

On Froyo you have to go to v0.1 first, then you can jump to v0.5. I think this is what he wanted to do, but never got v0.1 to work...

Sorvok
05-17-2011, 03:54 PM
I am having a similar problem. Have v2.0.1 but when I try to do the full install of .1 it doesnt work - the first time it aborted and the second time it froze. The third time it aborted. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

two250
05-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I am having a similar problem. Have v2.0.1 but when I try to do the full install of .1 it doesnt work - the first time it aborted and the second time it froze. The third time it aborted. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
Did you choose the one for Froyo?

popcenator
05-17-2011, 03:59 PM

Make sure you are wiping between versions.

GBLDX

Sorvok
05-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi. Yes. I am in the middle of trying again right now.

ryant35
I didn't install the Liberty v.1 from the toolbox, it didn't work. I found the zip file after downloading and installed it from Clockwork recovery. It should be under sdcard/liberty/nightlies/

Bkdodger

Make sure if using dx bootstrap usb debugging is unchecked

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

Sorvok
Hello. Yes, I chose "Back Up ROM" and "Data Wipe"

Sorvok
05-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Did that, too. I do appreciate all the replies. Hopefully, something will work.

Sorvok
05-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Tried to install that way - no luck...

Just aborted again...

seems to get hung up on "Opening update package..."

says: E:Can't open /sdcard/Liberty...Full_GB_Install.zip (bad) Installation aborted.

Not sure what else to do at this point...just rebooted...and i have to enter in my info at startup again. Getting frustrated.

ryant35
05-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Tried to install that way - no luck...

Just aborted again...

seems to get hung up on "Opening update package..."

says: E:Can't open /sdcard/Liberty...Full_GB_Install.zip (bad) Installation aborted.

Not sure what else to do at this point...just rebooted...and i have to enter in my info at startup again. Getting frustrated.

Try downloading again, you may have had a corrupted download.

Sorvok
05-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks, I'll try that. First, some dinner, though, before I throw my beloved phone out the window.

jwalz
05-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Wipe data wipe cache install v0.1 FULL INSTALL VERSION..wipe data wipe cache install v.0.5 the one with the kernal already in it the n reboot and you should have it

my liberated X with freshly baked bread

Jeffer13
05-17-2011, 06:43 PM
well ill have to try all this tomorrow, gotta get up for finals and cant have my phone all messed up and no alarms haha

ryant35
05-17-2011, 07:17 PM
well ill have to try all this tomorrow, gotta get up for finals and cant have my phone all messed up and no alarms haha

I've had to stay up way too late a couple of times because I started this process let at night.

Scram
05-17-2011, 08:23 PM

Same thing happened to me yesturday. Tried again today after sbfing with success. Give it another shot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Jeffer13
05-17-2011, 09:10 PM
yea its too late to start it now...itll b a good project for tomorrow when i get home

droid512
05-18-2011, 08:56 AM
so my question is can I install these nightlies and install them from froyo straight as long as I wipe data and cache a few times, install v.01 then do the wipes again, install v.05 and bam im on liberty gb?!?! or do i have to install the tbh 123 process and then install v.05........ which process is more stable and causes less glitches

jwalz
05-18-2011, 09:04 AM
In the tool box there is a nightly for people that don't have gb already.. that are still on froyo that's the one you want

popcenator
05-18-2011, 09:06 AM
so my question is can I install these nightlies and install them from froyo straight as long as I wipe data and cache a few times, install v.01 then do the wipes again, install v.05 and bam im on liberty gb?!?! or do i have to install the tbh 123 process and then install v.05........ which process is more stable and causes less glitches

You can go from froyo to v.1 to v.5, this is the easiest way as long as you wipe between installs.

GBLDX

jwalz
05-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Just make sure u install the v0.1 full install from froyo and the v0.5 with kernal already in it and that's it...wipe before each process of course

droid512
05-18-2011, 09:09 AM
lol i just cant believe it could be that easy?!?! but im trying now

popcenator
05-18-2011, 09:16 AM
lol i just cant believe it could be that easy?!?! but im trying now

It is.

GBLDX

droid512
05-18-2011, 09:25 AM
i see the full v0.1 and i see v0.3 but wheres 5? sorry for being a x-noob life is easier on my nexusone lol

popcenator
05-18-2011, 09:45 AM
i see the full v0.1 and i see v0.3 but wheres 5? sorry for being a x-noob life is easier on my nexusone lol

Have you installed v.1 yet? If you have, back all the way out if the toolbox then go back in to ROM manager. That's fixed it for me.

GBLDX

jwalz
05-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah did the same to me n that's all I did n magically it reappeared.lol

droid512
05-18-2011, 11:59 AM
this is seperate and random but since you guys are such good help maybe you know... im done with all the previous and i have liberty gb v.05 installed and all is setup but now i want to install netflix and i know there is a .zip first then an apk to install but my problem is its not going to bootstrap with the dx one should I use the d2 strap like i had to use with the leak gb ?!

popcenator
05-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Yes, because v.5 is a gingerbread based ROM, you can use DX bootstrapper but you need to go into settings -> applications -> development and uncheck USB debugging. Otherwise D2 bootstrapper will work.

droid512
05-18-2011, 12:06 PM
ahhhhhh thats what it is i knew about the usb debugging but i totally forgot that i turned it on for titanium my bad thanks

droid512
05-18-2011, 12:32 PM
ok lol next one... the screen doesnt timeout when plugged in and charging? any suggestions there i have checked the timeout settings and its all normal, it times out when its not plugged in

jwalz
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Hit the little button on the top of your phone.lol...honestly Idk..I would go into settings n change the timeoit screen and then put it back to wut u had it at...maybe a glitch...

my liberated X with freshly baked blue bread

Bkdodger
05-18-2011, 04:26 PM
ok lol next one... the screen doesnt timeout when plugged in and charging? any suggestions there i have checked the timeout settings and its all normal, it times out when its not plugged in

Make sure this is unchecked ..applications >development

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

Jeffer13
05-19-2011, 03:31 PM
so i downloaded the Gb nightlie from liberty and i wiped everything and then tried to install it and it booted into a bootloop. when i tried to factory reset and reboot, it wouldn't come up to the android with the !. what am i doing wrong

EDIT: got it working...just didnt wait long enough i guess

Sorvok
05-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey guys - finally got mine to work - had to install the full v.1 and the v.5 with kernel by using the bootstep recovery and installing from the SD. Easy stuff. Thanks for all the help.

BTW...used quickclock...calibrated...followed directions...chose one of the four options - high performance - and everything froze - had to factory wipe reset and do the whole thing over again - so be careful with that

later!