PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Current Back Ups, Changing ROMs and Installing Gingerbread

DroidFrame
05-15-2011, 05:32 AM
I have 7 Current Back Ups all within a week from first to last. I was stupid and did not rename them, but the dates are on all of them. The first back up was immediately after I rooted. So should I use the first back up since I don't care about starting over?

My Current ROM is rubiX Focused 1.9.5. I would like to change to the latest version of Liberty. My Android Version is 2.2.1 if that is helpful.

Also I would like to go to Gingerbread. Installing Gingerbread and Liberty is what I want to do mostly.

Any help or links is appreciated. Thanks.

mikeinrichmond
05-15-2011, 06:28 AM
I have 7 Current Back Ups all within a week from first to last. I was stupid and did not rename them, but the dates are on all of them. The first back up was immediately after I rooted. So should I use the first back up since I don't care about starting over?

My Current ROM is rubiX Focused 1.9.5. I would like to change to the latest version of Liberty. My Android Version is 2.2.1 if that is helpful.

Also I would like to go to Gingerbread. Installing Gingerbread and Liberty is what I want to do mostly.

Any help or links is appreciated. Thanks.

I like to start fresh when switching between Rom's, so I would first rename it to stockfroyo or something similar, and restore that one from clockwork.

If you buy the Liberty Toolbox from the Market, you will receive the latest updates and there is a full Liberty Gingerbread download that you can do/install right from the phone, it's version #1, and you need to flash that before trying to step up to the later builds, with v5 being the latest.

Just know that once you go to Gingerbread, you cannot restore your Froyo backup, you will need to SBF back to Froyo if you find that you don't like Gingerbread for whatever reason...I would go ahead and look at this thread, download and burn the SBF iso disc, just to have it ready in case anything happens...

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html#post267721

oh, and BTW, Welcome to the Forum since it was your first post! :)

DroidFrame
05-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the help.

I got the ISO on a USB Flash Drive.

I also renamed and restored my backup.

I have the Droid X Bootstrapper, Superuser and Z4Root apps still on my phone.

Do I need any other apps or anything else before I continue with installing Liberty/Gingerbread?