PDA

View Full Version : Do not use type fresh on gb .595

bignasty407
05-14-2011, 09:54 PM
So i used this app to swap out fonts, it made me bootloop, i pulled the batt. kept bootloop. required sbf. and when i completed my sbf, my phones still stuck in bootloop. soo am i bricked?!

JNEHAMA
05-14-2011, 10:55 PM
No now you need to do a factory reset in stock recovery. Bootloops are common post sbf. As long as the sbf completed and initiated boot you should be fine. Hold power and home together after a battery pull. When you see exclamation point let go of power and home and press search. You should see the recovery menu. Choose factory reset then cache then reboot. You should get to the Android guy and be able to reprogram phone. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

JNEHAMA
05-14-2011, 11:00 PM
I had the same experience with type fresh in froyo. It was my first bootloop ever. Fortunately I was able to do a factory reset and flash a backup nandroid but I was petrified. I think it's more likely related to a corrupted font file then the program because I also had a bootloop changing fonts with absolute systems. Fortunately I have not had any bootloops in the last half dozen font changes I've done since.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums