PDA

View Full Version : Less battery life through Motorola Dock?

jdmpwr07
05-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Call me crazy but the last few nights I've been using my Motorola multimedia dock and experiencing less battery life. I usually get enough power to last me through the day when using the usual power cord. Also, there has been nothing out of the usual in terms of me using more apps or services. Anyone else notice this who uses a dock?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

1KDS
05-13-2011, 10:20 PM
I've been using a dock for a few months and notice no difference. It should change anything, the dock is plugged into the standard wall charger and then just wired through the dock. Make sure it is fully plugged in and charging while it's docked.

jdmpwr07
05-13-2011, 10:50 PM
I guess it's just my imagination. I also just moved cities around a week ago and wondering if it has something to do with dropping in and out of 3G service.

1KDS
05-13-2011, 11:13 PM
That's definitely possible.

turdbogls
05-18-2011, 10:58 AM
I guess it's just my imagination. I also just moved cities around a week ago and wondering if it has something to do with dropping in and out of 3G service.

Did you do the *228 to update roaming? usually when you switch areas it is a good idea to do this. pretty sure the phone is still going off the old towers in your last city or something like that. updating the roaming will probably help reception and 3G connectivity.

i have used the MM dock since new so i am no help really, but it shouldn't effect anything. i get over a days worth of use no problem.