PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Restore Data only from Froyo nandroid to GB?

greene13
05-13-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm running GB 588. Can I do an advanced restore of data only from a Froyo nandroid?

I lost some game progess, settings, etc. and wanted to get them back if possible.

Thanks.

pyroelite
05-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Bad idea... & you should have used titanium backup for that...

DX (blurry & tweaked on gin 595 proof)

greene13
05-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Bad idea... & you should have used titanium backup for that...

DX (blurry & tweaked on gin 595 proof)

I do have a TB backup but it won't restore the data. It says its restoring data but it doesn't work.

Anybody else have any other suggestions?

BTW, I'm on 595 now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

pyroelite
05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
I do have a TB backup but it won't restore the data. It says its restoring data but it doesn't work.

Anybody else have any other suggestions?

BTW, I'm on 595 now.

Sorry I missed your post, but if it's not restoring data, you may need a proper busybox or worst case it never backed it up in the first place (corrupt). This could be from improper busybox install, but TB has a verify feature. The only way you prob get it back is to sbf to froyo & restore data from one of your clockwork backups & then back those up with TB & verify & redo the gingy install...

DX {Stock Gin 595 proof}

popcenator
05-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes, busybox is required but it should prompt you to install if you don't have it already. Never restore a backup or any part of a back up of Froyo while on GB or vice versa.

Jagman1951
05-27-2011, 07:47 PM
I updated to .588 in my stock not rooted droidx and now I want to go to. 595 before the OTA update but when I try to update I get 3E error message can't verify signature update aborted how can I fix my 3E recovery so it doesn't try to verify I am new at this and have tried several fixes but nothing works could someone Please help me even call me and walk me through this fix at 309.397.8662 I am really frustrated and I want to get the OTA update but then root my phone Please help
Jagman