PDA

View Full Version : DROID X2 Launching May 26th - Dual-core Processor, qHD Screen and Gingerbread

Garemlin
05-12-2011, 07:53 PM
http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/droidx2-details1-600x442.png (http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/droidx2-details1.png)

The Motorola DROIDX2 was rumored to originally be scheduled to release today, but with the push back of the DROID Charge, we were wondering if it hadn’t been pushed back as well. According to Verizon, that is definitely the case. The new date for the launch of Verizon’s first dual-core Tegra 2 Android beast will be May 26th with direct fulfillment orders starting on May 19th (which we’re thinking means a pre-order is on the way).

The device will as you all know, have a 4.3″ qHD screen with a resolution of 960×540, dual-core Tegra 2 processor clocked at 1GHz, 8MP rear camera, 720p video capture, 1080p out, 8GB of internal storage, an 8GB pre-installed SD card, and a 1540mAh battery.

Oh and did I mention Gingerbread (Android 2.3) in the title? If you look at the screen featured above and you own an original DROIDX, then you’ll recognize that blue top bar as being 2.3. And this only makes sense, especially with the possibly of GB rolling out to the original this week – we wouldn’t want last year’s model having a newer operating system than the freshly released version, would we?

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/droidx2-launch-details.png (http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/droidx2-launch-details.png)

Source: DroidLife (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/12/droidx2-launching-may-26th-with-dual-core-processor-qhd-screen-and-possibly-gingerbread/)

droidosaurus_rex
05-13-2011, 12:15 PM
That 1080p mirror mode sounds pretty damn cool.

kmudd3
05-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Better than the DX...but missing some things that my next phone must have....such as front facing camera, 4G, and unlocked boot loader. But, it would be great as a warranty replacement...not that I'd be able to pull that off.

truckroot
05-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Maybe it not being 4G is a good thing, seeing as how the tbolt is having so many issues.

two250
05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Maybe it not being 4G is a good thing, seeing as how the tbolt is having so many issues.
And the bionic... I won't get 4g in my area until 2013 so I really don't care about it. I also really don't care about a FFC, maybe a DX2 will be in my future...

kpiskin
05-14-2011, 08:13 AM
I am not as interested in the 4g as I would have been the front facing camera. I don't see the reason to upgrade my DX to this unless it were under like $99-150 especially when its more full featured competitors are going to be around $150-200.

trenton
05-14-2011, 08:32 AM
i hope that best buy will now stop selling the droid x so i can take advantage and get me a new phone through warranty..... i just need to figure out a way to break it that they dont have the parts to fix ....hmm how about all of them?....will it blend?

ashpdwinDX
05-14-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm actually a little disapointed in this phone. Turns out we have 4g coverage in my area (so my dad says at least) so having 4g would actaully be nice, I could care less about a front facing camera, i do want a camera button though. Dual core is nice but really only worth it on a 4g phone IMO. Lol, maybe verizon will release a 4g version of this towards the end of the year or a DX3 by the time I'm eligible for an upgrade next year

RUSirius
05-14-2011, 09:39 AM
i hope that best buy will now stop selling the droid x so i can take advantage and get me a new phone through warranty..... i just need to figure out a way to break it that they dont have the parts to fix ....hmm how about all of them?....will it blend?

FWIW, I stopped into a Best Buy yesterday and asked about the X2 and was surprised to hear them say that "they will not be carrying the X2". I'll have to see it to believe it though, time will tell...

Dvan
05-14-2011, 09:41 AM
FWIW, I stopped into a Best Buy yesterday and asked about the X2 and was surprised to hear them say that "they will not be carrying the X2". I'll have to see it to believe it though, time will tell...

Most of the time the sales associates at best buy don't know what the hell they're talking about

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

trenton
05-14-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't see why they wouldn't carry it...I just want them to stop selling/ repairing the droid x so I can get a brand new phone. That's how I got the x. :big smile: I had a broken palm pre with a black tie protection plan. They didn't sell that phone anymore.

didiwags
05-14-2011, 11:37 AM
If it had a front facing camera then it would make it worth wild. 4G I could care less about, especially since many of the 4G phones are having issues!

trenton
05-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Verizon 4g is the ****.... you should care about it.

kb51
05-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Most of the time the sales associates at best buy don't know what the hell they're talking about

That's the truth they don’t know anything.

kb51
05-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Well it don’t have gingerbread and no front facing camera. No 4g don't understand that.

Getsome122
05-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Well it don’t have gingerbread and no front facing camera. No 4g don't understand that.

Have you read any of the specs? Read the first post? It ships with 2.3 genius. That's Gingerbread.....

I could care less about a front facing camera. My Xoom has one and haven't used it yet.

4g won't be here for a while anyway....

I may end up with one......

DX- modded as far as it can be.
Xoom- waiting on official SD update.
Twitter: Getsome_122

Rocco1998
05-19-2011, 06:51 AM
The 4g is sick don't get me wrong but it kills the hell out of your battery life! I've had two friends of mine get rid of it for this very reason.

Smittys
05-19-2011, 08:18 AM
I think they said "screw the 26th" because you can buy today.

B.E.McAllister
05-19-2011, 09:08 AM
199 with two year, 2.2 froyo

Been to the Gingerbread House and back to the Dark Slide

kochoid
05-19-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm thinking that my pimped dx running liberty 2 and throttled to 1.25 will hold it's own against a stock dx2.

am I right?

poolgod10
05-19-2011, 09:53 AM
doesn't make sense that they would not have put 2.3 on this (or added a FFC or included 4G capability). Seems kinda half-assed to me.

Oh well, Big Red strikes again.

Snow02
05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
It's very much just a refresh model. I wonder if we would have seen the X2 if the bionic had panned out. I get the feeling they were going to be stuck with a boatload of tegra 2 soc's and this is how they're moving them.

Still a nice upgrade from the original though. Just not next gen in every aspect.

Jlgab
05-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Hey guys, I am very much a noob at all of this android, and I just got my first android on 5/16 (droid X) and I love it. My question is that since I just now see that they are releasing X2 in stores next week will they let me swap it? No big deal if not, I just feel a little upset that I bought my phone so soon before a new release! Sorry if it is a dumb question, but I did call customer service this morning, and they wouldn't answer me any definite answers and told me to take it up with the store where I bought it. Thanks for reading and I figured someone on here would know since there are so many educated folks on here!

Snow02
05-20-2011, 02:30 AM
Yes. There is a 14 day return policy.

RUSirius
05-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a $35 dollar restocking fee that is charged along with the return?

Bkdodger
05-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a $35 dollar restocking fee that is charged along with the return?

That is correct ..if you can complain that a new one was released and not made aware might get customer service to waive ..doubt it but worth a try.

Sent from êlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

Miami1683
05-21-2011, 03:36 PM
It's very much just a refresh model. I wonder if we would have seen the X2 if the bionic had panned out. I get the feeling they were going to be stuck with a boatload of tegra 2 soc's and this is how they're moving them.

Still a nice upgrade from the original though. Just not next gen in every aspect.

To answer your thoughts.. yes you would have seen ther dx2 even if the bionic didn't get scrapped..... A well as the DI2 and the Droid 3 and none are going to be LTe and never were going to be. I have had the pleasue to visit with the Dx2 for the last week. It is a nice upgrade to the x and the screen is definately am improvement. Still to me not buying an LTE device while its still $30 makes no sense to me. For those you go get this device will enjoy it tho

thanks

Miami

Wulf
05-21-2011, 03:50 PM
I went to check out the phones they have out. I compared the charge and X2 and its kind if close. The screen and colors on charge are really nice, the x2 does a good job holding its own. The charge is LTE but don't really care for that. IMO the x2 has a much better camera than charge and it runs smoother, of course dual core is why. Quadrant scores over 2400 first try and over 2600 second time. That's with froyo, imagine it with GB. My upgrade is in a few months and so far the x2 is in the lead.

Deodex Ginger Man is ready for action.....

sleykid
05-24-2011, 11:01 AM
uh the X2 does not have 4g