PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Netflix to my TV?

TeeX
05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
OK, wonderful news about getting the Netflix app! It's working on my Gingerbreaded X no problem.

BUT, I'm trying to stream it through my hdmi port onto my big 'ol TV. Usually with pics or vids it has the little hdmi icon to tap to activate it, but I can't seem to figure out how to activate the hdmi output while Netflix is streaming.

any help??

Getsome122
05-12-2011, 05:22 PM
That isn't going to happen.

DX- modded as far as it can be.
Xoom- waiting on official SD update.
Twitter: Getsome_122

cuebask
05-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Have you tried the RealHDMI app?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fasthair
05-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Real Hdmi doesn't work on GB. The dev is working on it though.

fasthair

Sent from my DROIDX

mikeinrichmond
05-12-2011, 06:26 PM
OK, wonderful news about getting the Netflix app! It's working on my Gingerbreaded X no problem.

BUT, I'm trying to stream it through my hdmi port onto my big 'ol TV. Usually with pics or vids it has the little hdmi icon to tap to activate it, but I can't seem to figure out how to activate the hdmi output while Netflix is streaming.

any help??

Can you provide some info about your setup? What version of GB and are you running a custom ROM?

It's not working for me running Liberty v5 on GB .591 ATM...

TeeX
05-12-2011, 07:06 PM
sure, running the rooted deodexed version of GB, .595

I can stream Netflix just fine, but can't seem to initiate the HDMI output to the TV.

mikeinrichmond
05-13-2011, 05:29 AM
sure, running the rooted deodexed version of GB, .595

I can stream Netflix just fine, but can't seem to initiate the HDMI output to the TV.

Yes, I ended up switching to stock/deodexed .595 as well, running fine..HDMI output will likely take a bit to get working..

moving to GB subforum...

mpowell
05-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Can I use the USB to play my phone video on pioneer TV in car like the iPhone can.

Quicksilver7714
05-13-2011, 06:44 AM
So this is only working on GB correct. Did you have to do any of the tweaks to the files to make the app think the phone is an G2?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mikeinrichmond
05-13-2011, 07:28 AM
So this is only working on GB correct. Did you have to do any of the tweaks to the files to make the app think the phone is an G2?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes GB only.

No, for me all I did was load up deodexed .595, an upgraded to flash 10.3...

(Swypin' .595 while watching Netflix on the go)

mpowell
05-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Anyone know about indash car units. Will they show thru usb

cocoland
06-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Ok, I've had found a temp solution until Motorola decide to do something with Gingerbread HDMI problem.
In the Market is an app called Xternal Display for Droid X, downloaded and now I can mirror Netflix movies to my TV, but movie can't be watched on the phone.
....at least is a temp solutions for those like me have long time waiting for Netflix app.

Good luck!

akeezy
06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
I think that apps been removed. I've just searched the web and android apps.com says it seems as if it has been removed from the market. And the market links bring up a parsing error

mrclean2828
06-16-2011, 08:41 PM
That app is still in market cuz I just dl'd it from there

Donsaucy
06-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Found the app. Now I need a cable.

Tapatalked from my rooted, Gingerbread, DROIDX.

cmurf70
06-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Trying to do the same thing. Cant find the app on the market app but found it in the internet market. Say its not compatible with my device. Is this app for GB only?

Natey2
06-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Found the app. Now I need a cable.

Got mine for less than $5 including shipping from Amazon.

$20 at Verizon online store.
$40 at Motorola online store.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidXForums app.

cocoland
06-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Can you provide some info about your setup? What version of GB and are you running a custom ROM? It's not working for me running Liberty v5 on GB .591 ATM... Download "Xternal Display" from the market.

cocoland
06-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Download AppBrain

TheHighestCrew
06-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Ok, I've had found a temp solution until Motorola decide to do something with Gingerbread HDMI problem.
In the Market is an app called Xternal Display for Droid X, downloaded and now I can mirror Netflix movies to my TV, but movie can't be watched on the phone.
....at least is a temp solutions for those like me have long time waiting for Netflix app.

Good luck!

awesome good sir!! thanks much downloaded the app form the market and jsut waiting on my HDMI cable. FYI I got a gold plated terminal 15 ft HDMI to micro HDMI for 12$ shipped. The 6 ft ones are even cheaper. I have a ceiling mounted projector with HDMI in my lab so I need the longer cable to reach the ceiling. I saw the 6 ft cables for like 5$ shipped..

Natey2
06-23-2011, 06:56 AM
When I used "Xternal Display" with Netflix under Froyo, it would work for about a minute or two, then it would switch back to a garbled display on the phone and no more hdmi output to the TV.
Tried yesterday, and same problem under Gingerbread :(
I suspect Android thinks the app is idle and swaps it out of active memory.
Has anybody watched an entire Netflix movie on a HDMI TV using "Xternal Display"?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidXForums app.