PDA

View Full Version : everytime I make a back up and load It freezes at black screen after DROID eye

vrt420
05-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Can't seem to load my backups...they never work but when I sbf back to froyo my phone is the backed up version

Dustin0308
05-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi. Did you rename them? Does it say success after restoring?

LiBeRtY TWOpointZEROpointONE

vrt420
05-12-2011, 10:26 AM
I didn't rename them but they are all recent backups and they all freeze up

ashpdwinDX
05-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Did you wipedata/ factory reset and wipe the cache each time you restored a backup?

Sent from my DROID X with Froyo

vrt420
05-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Yes always...the backups just wont go past the DROID eye

ashpdwinDX
05-12-2011, 03:29 PM
How long do you wait each time...sometimes mine have taken like 7 minutes to start

vrt420
05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Does it keep looping droid eye or go to black screen ? Mine goes to black screen

mikeinrichmond
05-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok, which OS are you running (Froyo vs Gingerbread)?

Are you following this exactly? (From Droid-Xer's Guide found here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/13485-how-use-droid-x-bootstrap.html#post124595)

How to backup your system
A backup is a snapshot of your system at that moment. This will be vital should you experience any issues modding your phone.

1. Click on Droid X Bootstrap app
2. Click Bootstrap Recovery, then click OK when it says Success
3. Click Reboot Recovery, phone will automatically reboot
4. Once in the black screen with green writing, you will use the side volume rockers to move up and down and then the camera hard key to select.
5. Move down to backup/restore and select it.
6. Move to Backup and select it
The phone will begin to create a full backup (nandroid) of your system, data, and cache. This will take about 5 minutes to generate. After it is finished it will take you back to the main screen. If you want to move back to previous screens use the back hard key.
7. Select reboot system now.
8. You can view your backups in your file manager. There will be a clockworkmod folder where the backups reside. You can change the name of the file, but do not use spaces or odd characters. For example, use a dash - rather than a backslash / for dates.

How to restore a backup
If you have issues with your setup after a ROM or theme install, you can restore a backup made when the system was running correctly.

1. Click on Droid X Bootstrap app
2. Click Bootstrap Recovery, then OK when it says Success
3. Click Reboot Recovery and phone will automatically reboot.
4. When black screen with green writing appears, select backup/restore.
5. Then select Restore.
6. Choose the backup you want to restore. If you don't change the name of the file, they have the date and time stamp as the file name.
7. Select backup and then the phone will begin restoring the backup.
8. When its finished, it will take you to main screen, select reboot system now.

ashpdwinDX
05-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Does it keep looping droid eye or go to black screen ? Mine goes to black screen

Mines the eye. Next time you try restoring wipe data a few times same with cache..also go into the advanced section and wipe the dalvik cache.

bigmook
05-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Be patient sometimes it takes a long time ... if it takes more than ten minutes then pull battery, stock recovery and wipe cache

free me