PDA

View Full Version : Deodexing question!

Jrod301
05-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm running gb .595 deodexed version right now, and am looking at flashing lexlite 4.4 on my X. I'm not too familiar with theming..never tried it, so my question is, can I install lexlite on a deoexed framework? And if so, will I still be deodexed, or will my phone revert to being odexed?

Side note: Does anyone know if lexlite gingeraid supports facebook picture syncing?

Jrod301
05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Bump?

WugFresh
05-11-2011, 09:53 PM
IDK.... why not just unzip the lexlite zip and check in the system/app and system/framework folders. If there are no odex files, then it's deodexed. If there are.. then it's not. You can always use the program xUltimate to deodex if it wasn't and you wanted to... check out my deodexing information in my signature. When you flash things it overwrites whatever files are in the corresponding directories on your phone.. that is why ROM zips just look like your phones root directory if you were to unzip them; the sub folders correspond.. ect.

{{ WugFresh }}

Jrod301
05-11-2011, 11:12 PM
IDK.... why not just unzip the lexlite zip and check in the system/app and system/framework folders. If there are no odex files, then it's deodexed. If there are.. then it's not. You can always use the program xUltimate to deodex if it wasn't and you wanted to... check out my deodexing information in my signature. When you flash things it overwrites whatever files are in the corresponding directories on your phone.. that is why ROM zips just look like your phones root directory if you were to unzip them; the sub folders correspond.. ect.

{{ WugFresh }}

Ok, thanks for the info, really helpful! Helps me get a bit more of a grasp on that. Well, just tried flashing lexlite....Flashed successfully, and it worked, but every time I tried installing anything, it would reboot...tried battery pull..everything. Had to SBF...Not going back to lexlite!

kirbnite
05-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Can you post a link to that other theme?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jrod301
05-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Can you post a link to that other theme?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

drewgaren.com (http://www.drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/LL_GB.html) That's the lexlite gingeraid rom...I did a factory reset before I flashed it, but for whatever reason, it would have aforementioned problem...Let me know if you have a different experience!