PDA

View Full Version : Apex 2.0 Beta Messaging app won't open

quentin
05-10-2011, 10:00 PM
I was trying to restore blur messaging app using the script, but it seems I cannot get to the blur messaging app and now I cannot access even the stock messaging app. I cannot even go to Messages and open up text messaging that way. It opens for a second and then goes back to the previous screen (I think that would be called the universal inbox). And it does that regardless if I have mms.apk or messaging.apk.

The only way I can actually access the blur messaging app (or either messaging app -- I can't even open up text messages from my app list, again it opens for a second then closes and goes back to the previous screen) is through the blur widget if, and only if, I have unread messages. When I have unread messages, I can click on the widget and it will show this blur-preview screen: http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3...eenshot9yq.png There, I can click on the text and see my conversation in the Blur messaging app. If I don't have any unread messages and I click the widget, this screen will pop up: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7...enshot11rw.png and when I hit the obvious choice, it opens for a second then goes back.

I'm sure I messed something up or there's an easy fix, but it's frustrating because I cannot even get the stock messaging app to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Xponentially Better
05-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Try using an app like handcent. Or backup your apps in titanium backup and reflash the rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Xponentially Better
05-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Did you download the removed apps file from fab? And move all those into a folder in /sdcard/restore? Then use the command in terminal emu?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

quentin
05-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Already reflashed the 3 step GB files and the kernel + apex 2-step update per his instructions in that OP of the 2.0 thread. No luck. I haven't tried an sbf yet, but I'm not sure if that will help my issue.

And I did follow the steps to restore blur apps.