PDA

View Full Version : Tried Installing CRT Animation on Liberty v0.5...FAIL

jamesyun
05-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Currently stuck in a boot loop. Any suggestions?

mikeinrichmond
05-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Couple of things to try. Use the methods below to try and get to clockwork. Try each method 3 times before giving up. If you can get there, restore a backup..

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/15019-boot-into-recovery-power-off-state.html#post146692

If not, factory reset. Here's the GB version:

Power off, hold the home button then press and hold the power button until the android guy with the triangle shows up. Hit both volume buttons simultaneously and the reset choices will appear. Then use a volume button to scroll down to wipe data/factory reset, choose it with the power button, scroll down to yes, and choose it. It will do it's thing for about a minute. Hit the back button, then go to reboot and click it. This can take as long as 5 minutes to reboot the first time so be patient.

If that doesn't work, and you cannot get past the boot loop no matter what you try, you'll have to SBF back to Froyo and start again. Here's the easiest way:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html#post267721

C Dippa
05-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Flashing the ROM should fix it, if you can get into clockworkmod. Shouldn't need to wipe data either...

Sent from my X to the interwebz

rudyy
05-10-2011, 09:33 PM
as an aside, i thought the crt thingy came with the latest liberty gingerbread betas. it's on my phone and i don't see it as a stand alone in my rom folders.

jamesyun
05-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I was able to boot into clockwork and just re-flashed the ROM. All is well. Unfortunately in my panic prior, I went and wiped the data hahah. It's all good. Installing GB and Liberty in the last couple of days, data wipes are no biggie for me anymore. Google does a pretty good job of restoring most of my stuff anyways (and TiBu too).

As for the CRT animation, I realized where it "disappeared" to. When you choose "No Animation" from Settings, it gets rid of the CRT screen as well. So looks like I'll just settle for all the animated windows in between so I can have my CRT off screen >:)

Thanks all!