PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Tether not working? Any ideas?

glibbster
05-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Hey guys I'm running a rooted version of Gingerbread and my wireless tether does not seem to work....It looks like the Verizon version is wanting to run and blocking the other...anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance

fc127
05-10-2011, 12:41 PM
This is a known issue, and stated in many threads. On a side note, Verizon will allegedly start cracking down on tether users. A contributor to the forums has noticed that tethering data is being collected in the phone, so yo might want to thing twice about using tether for free...

JNEHAMA
05-10-2011, 05:31 PM
As far as I know there are no posted solutions. The TBH 3g hotspot hack works but is no longer posted in their app. I think usb and bluetooth tethering still work but many of the apps are blocked in the market. There is a thread though with some links to apps like pda net. Search the tethering threads in the gingerbread forums. People are being very wary because of concern that tethering is trackable on gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

slacka
05-10-2011, 08:04 PM
I installed wirless tether app today. Never got it working. Said no internet connection when connecting my laptop to phone. Anyhow, here's the scary part -even though I never got tether to work, when I launched the browser on my phone, it immedialtely auto-directed me to a Verizon website that explained their stance on wireless tethering and showed their monthly rates. This is no joke.

Sent from my NookColor using Droid X Forums

JNEHAMA
05-10-2011, 08:22 PM
I installed wirless tether app today. Never got it working. Said no internet connection when connecting my laptop to phone. Anyhow, here's the scary part -even though I never got tether to work, when I launched the browser on my phone, it immedialtely auto-directed me to a Verizon website that explained their stance on wireless tethering and showed their monthly rates. This is no joke.

Sent from my NookColor using Droid X Forums

That's what happens with all the tethering apps. I think pda net works which is usb tethering.

sluzbenik
05-11-2011, 02:31 PM
That's what happens with all the tethering apps. I think pda net works which is usb tethering.

Yeah, it does. Has anyone tried just using the "hide tethering" option and then Wireless Tether? Of course, I lost root cuz I went to 395, so I can't.

vmedin2
05-11-2011, 09:36 PM
i was having the same problems, but i downloaded the "experimental" build of wireless tether, it's in the Google code repositories, just Google wireless tether android, it has a yellow icon, well anyways fired it up and it didn't work, so i went to settings changed setup method from auto to adhoc while it was running, it will start back up when u do so then after it was running in that mode switched it back and viola it worked, someone else in another forum said it was just a coincidence but it worked for me and my girlfriend every time we flash a rom/wipe and/or sbf

Strychnine
05-12-2011, 09:18 AM
I've used .588 and .591 since their release, and am currently using .591 with the ApeX beta. On every version, I applied the TBH tethering patch (sometimes more than once), and use the experimental 3.0 versions of WiFi Tether (pre14). In WiFi Tether's options, select DroidX in Change Device Profile. It works for me consistently.

Vidfinnx
05-13-2011, 12:06 AM
I am staying on froyo till they fix this dang tracking

sent from Droid X
on good ole froyo
Rubix focused 2.0.1