PDA

View Full Version : visual voice mail on liberty gb v.05?

DMXL
05-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Has anyone had the same problem as me? This is my first flash on my dx. and every thing went smooth, and is running perfect.... but i have subscribed to verizon's vvm for a couple months now, and i love it.. but since flashing over a week ago, i have not had it, and have searched hi and low for this... i have root explorer, tibu pro, all the necessity's needed for this... but it will just not work... i have changed permissions as stated... rebooted, go into tibu, and the visual voice mail is not in red, but instead its in a brown color with a line through it... i have been working on this for 4 days now, and im throwing in the towel for help to the all high and mighty ones....lol... so please any input would be much appreciated.....

EDIT^

well after countless hours of trying to get this fixed, i figured it out bout an hour after posting this, so i am telling my answer in hopes it will help someone else, being that i have alread had 4 reads on this.... before i flashed my frist rom, my current one which is gb liberty v.05 i was considering on doing darkslide... i downloaded the .588 file they had and it came with a complete list of .apk's and i thought "hey maybe, just maybe i could use the vvm.apk.... and sure enough it worked... needless to say i never flashed ds, but im sure am glad i did download it... if this helps anyone and cant figure out what im talking about, just reply to this, i get an alert right to my sweet a$$ gb liberty dx..... my dx is complete now, and totaly loving it! by the way, the vvm.apk file is 1.3 mb.... i was trying to use one that was 352kb's. good luck and i hope this helps someone else's head ache! thanks from DETROIT!

juntistik
05-09-2011, 11:30 PM
I have that .apk, can it be used without subscribing to vzw's visual voicemail service?

DMXL
05-09-2011, 11:35 PM
No you must subscribe, big red ain't giving sqaut for free! Lol

juntistik
05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Figures! thats what I thought (and why i havent tried installing it), but figured it was worth a shot