PDA

View Full Version : Lexlite 4.4. what's it like?

theoilman
05-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I've seen some mentions of this new rom but no description. Is it blurless? What are its notable features?

ryanpf23
05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
www.drewgaren.com

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Crashes too much on my x so im getting rid of it, wasted a few hours trying to get it running.

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 11:42 AM
It is perfectly stable if you flash it the right way, but nothing special in my opinion. Runs adw launcher or Launcher 2, no spare parts, most blurred removed, includes milestone overclock, and scripts that can be entered through terminal. Its aight, not my preferred choice tho..

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

redsox 98
05-09-2011, 12:13 PM
It is as blurless as any other blur free rom. I beta tested it and it runs extemely smooth. You will not find a rom with better battery life out there. There are alot of good roms out there so look around and find the one that works for me. I will say his roms will run on the newest leak though.

akeezy
05-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I personally love this rom. I'm a Drew Garen fan and his roms are the first and only roms i've ever used. So far these gingerbread roms are pure quality. Lexlite won't let you down if you install correctly. Its blur free and stripped down to the bare minimum for best speed and performance.

gizmo99360
05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I've been running lexlite gb since release and every update gets better, smoother, faster.

redsox 98
05-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Just wait. If you love Lexlite. You will LOVE the next one.

ryanpf23
05-10-2011, 11:02 PM
I installed it earlier today and it would crash and reboot my phone when ever I tried to instal an app.

Does anyone know how to fix this.

akeezy
05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
You probably need to factory wipe and install the rom again

flipped cracker
05-16-2011, 04:46 PM
You probably need to factory wipe and install the rom again

I've tried to install it about 5 times and the same thing happens every time. can't install an app and have to sbf back just to recover.

akeezy
05-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Are you installing it on the the proper version of Gingerbread? Make sure if youre running .591 or .595 to use the matching version of the rom.

Jrod301
05-16-2011, 06:57 PM
I made sure that the versions matched as well. exact same thing happened and had to sbf as well.

Dvan
05-16-2011, 07:25 PM
I've tried to install it about 5 times and the same thing happens every time. can't install an app and have to sbf back just to recover.

Same here..time to SBF!

fc127
05-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Same here..time to SBF!

NO NEED TO SBF! If you boot into stock recovery, wipe data\factory reset, then reboot, it will allow you to install bootstrap. But, it will have no lockscreen... This has happened to me too many times with his .595 ROMs. I gave up and will stick will ApeX.

akeezy
05-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't know what to tell you guys then. The only I thing I can ask now is if you installed the roms correctly, because i'm sure you know everything goes to hell if you dont haha

fc127
05-16-2011, 08:11 PM
I don't know what to tell you guys then. The only I thing I can ask now is if you installed the roms correctly, because i'm sure you know everything goes to hell if you dont haha

I even went as far as to email Drew Garen and ask for a detailed list of steps... He obliged. I followed them as accurately as humanly possible and still nothing. He insists that I didn't follow his directions...

akeezy
05-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Geez bro that is a shame. I know there are some unfortunate phones with faulty software and sometimes hardware. My friend went through 5 Droid X's in less than 2 weeks because of this. And it also explains why some people can overclock their phones higher than others

Dvan
05-16-2011, 09:36 PM
I doubt I have a faulty dx considering every other rom worked just fine including froyo and gingerbread roms. I also followed the direction with a full system wipe of data and cache along with delvik cache and it still didn't let me install any Apps. Oh well back to apex!

Oh and I had to sbf because I had no way to boot into clockwork since I couldn't install bootstrap and I wasn't able to boot into it either by holding down volume down and power

akeezy
05-16-2011, 10:45 PM
i'm not trying to say your phones are faulty but that sometimes software just doesn't agree with the hardware. I also forgot to ask where you guys downloaded the zips from. It could be possible that you got bad downloads

Jrod301
05-16-2011, 11:34 PM
While I'm only human, and do make mistakes, I feel fairly confident in saying that I have a pretty good knowledge of flashing roms, and have done so numerous times. I downloaded lexlite straight from drew garen's website, and it installed without a hitch. problem was, it wouldn't let me install apps; out would just reboot, and there was no lock screen. I appreciate and thank anyone who strives to make our phones better, whether they're successful or not, but it's my hunch this rom needs some touching up.

SimplySweetness
05-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Just installed it. Pretty smooth just don't like the way it looks. I actually prefer the look of GB. It looks a bit outdated after using the original GB or something. Plus, I still have to freeze some things (car dock, Quickoffice, etc) with Titanium Backup.

eski7399
05-19-2011, 09:37 AM
It's definitely not bare minimum. Awesome though.