PDA

View Full Version : Lexlite 4.4 problem

TheJustPull
05-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Well,

Being the nerd tinkering guy I am, I decided I wanted to install lexlite and give it a try. I read you were supposed to install on a fresh build of 591 or 595. First I tried with just going ontop of liberty and my 591.
That didn't work at all for me so then I downloaded the .595 gingerbread and I'm having the same issue, when I go to download an app from the market (most of the time its been google voice) it dumps me back to the rom logo.
This is frustrating because from what I've seen I think I will like this rom but I need to be able to set up my phone..

Any thoughts on what the problem is and how to fix it?

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Now I cant even download boostrap to get into bootstrap mode to get this rom off my phone, Im really wishing I never installed this. I forgot, isnt there a way to manually get into the mode I need?

Xponentially Better
05-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Try taking out your battery for a whole minute then putting it in and booting up. It takes me to clockwork recovery. Or I heard if you take the battery out and. Plug in the phone then when the screen displays a battery with a question mark inside put the battery in and it will go to clockwork recovery. If that doesn't work do up to the question mark part then put the battery in then disconnect from the charger. It should work. If not copy bootstrapper from the market online on a computer to your phone then try installing via a file manager. Hope that helps. Get back at me if not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 10:21 AM
You can't install gingeraid over any other custom rom you have to be on the stock GB leak kernel and before installing this rom do not wipe otherwise constant random boot ups will be the result. And just a heads up nothing special about this rom and doesn't even have spareparts settings. You can try it for your self but If I were you i would stick with liberty, just my opinion tho..
Oh and I agree just have bootstrap in the root of your sd card for quick access so you can get to clockwork before it boots up if not just and ;)

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Well now I think I really messed up. I was going to try and sbf it back to life and I thought the sbf went through but after it says its done, all I get it the liberty fist in the air. :-( So now I'm clueless as to what I need to do.

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 10:23 AM
★sbf flash

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 10:25 AM
If you are stuck on boot animation Pull battery and hard reset then reboot

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 10:29 AM
If you are stuck on boot animation Pull battery and hard reset then reboot

Tried that already, still was the fist in the air, I am attempting to sbf again, I dunno, maybe something didn't take in the flashing of it. All the happens after the sbf is it goes to the liberty icon and hangs. I'm really ticked at myself lol... I just want a working phone.

Er wait, what do you mean by hard reset other then take the battery out..

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 10:36 AM
What sbf process do you use? Try factory reset then boot in to bootloader mode, then sbf again

mikeinrichmond
05-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Here is how to do a hard/factory reset in GB:

Power off, hold the home button then press and hold the power button until the android guy with the triangle shows up. Hit both volume buttons simultaneously and the reset choices will appear. Then use a volume button to scroll down to wipe data/factory reset, choose it with the power button, scroll down to yes, and choose it. It will do it's thing for about a minute. Hit the back button, then go to reboot and click it. This can take as long as 5 minutes to reboot the first time so be patient.

(Swypin' GB on the go)

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 10:41 AM
What I mean by factory reset is you pull the battery then put back in, now power up your phone by holding power button and home button together until green android pops up with ? Hit the search button then wipe data, reboot

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah that's what I meant, lol that could have saved me time haha

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Can I try that hard resest method if I am attempting an sbf? Also, I am getting the sbf instructions from drew garens website. everything seems to go through on the computer side but all I get is athe liberty fist. When it completes in rsd it tells me to power it up manually, is this normal? Also, when I connect my device now imie number or anything is showing up, is that a possible problem?
I apprecaite all the the help fellas!

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Here is how to do a hard/factory reset in GB:

Power off, hold the home button then press and hold the power button until the android guy with the triangle shows up. Hit both volume buttons simultaneously and the reset choices will appear. Then use a volume button to scroll down to wipe data/factory reset, choose it with the power button, scroll down to yes, and choose it. It will do it's thing for about a minute. Hit the back button, then go to reboot and click it. This can take as long as 5 minutes to reboot the first time so be patient.

(Swypin' GB on the go)

wait if he already sbf flashed to .340 then he should be on froyo's bootloader

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 10:50 AM
I dont know if the sbf took or not, and I was sbf'ing back to 2.3 not froyo...

I also just realized it was a system only file, I am going to grab the full and try again. rar..

mikeinrichmond
05-09-2011, 11:02 AM
I dont know if the sbf took or not, and I was sbf'ing back to 2.3 not froyo...

I also just realized it was a system only file, I am going to grab the full and try again. rar..

Couple of things:

Yes, get the full 2.3.340 file to SBF with.

When we say Froyo, we mean Android version which is 2.2.1. The System version is 2.3.340.

Gingerbread is Android version 2.3

Once you SBF, if you get stuck at the logo or DROID eye, do the factory rest procedure for Froyo:

Power off, hold the home button then press and hold the power button until the android guy with the triangle shows up. Hit the search key, use the volume buttons to scroll down to wipe data/factory reset, choose it with the camera button, scroll down to yes, and choose it. It will do it's thing for about a minute. Hit the back button, then goto reboot and click it. When it boots back up you should be fine..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks mike and everyone, I am not attempting with the full file. Before I would try and do that reset with getting the android guy but that didnt work either, I think it was because I was using the wrong file. when rsd says its done flashing, do I unplug it and then power it back up? I am extremely gratefull for all the guidance I have been given in this thread. Thanks to everyone, I willl report back after this attempt is finsihed.

mikeinrichmond
05-09-2011, 11:12 AM
When completed the phone should reboot on its own..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Update: I'm now able to get to the android guy and see the option to do the wipe, but it gives me an error message. I can do the cache though, Also, now instead of the liberty eagle I am back to the lexlite logo..

Getting closer, I think?

Do I have to keep it plugged into rsd lite when I get it into the android guy or can I unplug it?

Error is cant open /cache/recovery/command

mikeinrichmond
05-09-2011, 11:18 AM
What is the error?

(Swypin' GB on the go)

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 11:22 AM
After you sbf with this file http://bit.ly/hfp9iY let the process finish leave the phone be until its booted

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 11:24 AM

C Dippa
05-09-2011, 11:25 AM

That error is normal...go ahead and factory reset, and you should be good to go...

Sent from my X to the interwebz

C Dippa
05-09-2011, 11:28 AM
After you sbf with this file http://bit.ly/hfp9iY let the process finish leave the phone be until its booted

I think he's already flashed the sbf, but if not, there's no need to go to another site, we have the correct sbf here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/18860-all-droid-x-sbf-files.html

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Sweet!! I got on the droid eye, and now it told me i have to activate my phone. Does this mean I'm back up and running..Also, am I going to be rooted or non rooted again? Thanks so much for all the help!

C Dippa
05-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Nice man...you should be good. You'll be unrooted, so you'd just need to run z4root again if you want to be rooted. Link here if you need it: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/13259-z4root-download-links-get-your-root-here.html (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/13259-z4root-download-links-get-your-root-here.html)

Willup
Sweet!! I got on the droid eye, and now it told me i have to activate my phone. Does this mean I'm back up and running..Also, am I going to be rooted or non rooted again? Thanks so much for all the help!

Yup your good. Just add in your gmail and follow the steps and your golden

Sent from APEX BetaBread yummy!

TheJustPull
Thanks, it just finished logging into my account and it looks to be in working order, man, that was a scary half of a night and half a day.. Thanks guys!

mikeinrichmond
05-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Glad ya got it going..once you set it up, reboot and get Bootstrap going, make a stock backup of your system before doing anything else..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 11:46 AM
I think he's already flashed the sbf, but if not, there's no need to go to another site, we have the correct sbf here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/18860-all-droid-x-sbf-files.html
Lol the url I posted is from that same site, that site rocks!

TheJustPull
05-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Glad ya got it going..once you set it up, reboot and get Bootstrap going, make a stock backup of your system before doing anything else..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

How do I do a system backup inside bootstrap ? I've never done it but I have root again.

akeezy
05-09-2011, 10:09 PM
How to: Create a Full Nandroid Backup on a DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog (http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/07/how-to-create-a-full-nandroid-backup-on-a-droid-x)

a step by step list to creating a backup

gizmo99360
05-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I had the same problem...I wiped data/cache after installing a fresh 595 then installed rom. I had to boot to stock recovery, wipe, and booted back up. Finally got bootstrapper installed and re-flashed. Running perfect now...just don't wipe after installing 595

TheJustPull
05-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Well now I tried updgrading to the 595 release and got stuck, so I need to figure out what I did wrong, I want lexlite running on my x lol..

akeezy
05-10-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm running lexlite right now and I have been since yesterday. These are the steps I took.

1. SBF back to .340 and use z4root to root it.(don't bother setting up accounts and what not until you're finally on the rom)
2. Install DX Bootstrapper.
3. (I recommend making a nandroid backup of this .340 rooted so if you ever need to sbf back to stock .340 you can restore)
4. Download the pre rooted .573 from here Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (http://www.multiupload.com/6ZWGOFIFIK). Put in on the root of your SD card. Then in bootstrap recovery, wipe the cache not factory reset and then install the .573 zip and reboot.
5. DX bootstrap doesn't work on Gingerbread so you'll have to download D2 Bootstrap to use now. here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?36we9h8bslejtwk
6. Now download the deodexed .595 from here MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MU2OI7Q). Follow the same steps as with the .573
7. You'll have to reroot on the .595, this can be done with z4root again. and if it struggles the first time just retry again.
8. Now download the .595 Lexlite from here drewgaren.com (http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/LL_GB.html). Put it on the sd card and follow the same steps as with the other zips

I hope this works for you. Lexlite runs smoothly and that is exactly how i got it on my phone. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to just download all the zips at once and put them on the card and not worry about continually plugging in after each step

TheJustPull
05-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I have all three files now and am installing file number one, but this is for 588. After this I stillneed to get 591. I'm actually considering using zapx instead as I see it has some elements of blur left in it.

akeezy
05-10-2011, 03:16 PM
if you are trying to install the 595 you can skip .588 and .591 if you're coming from the dxgbrooted.zip which is 573. I was using zapx right before i switched to lexlite because i really don't need the social messaging blur because i use the lpp friends widget and i actually think lexlite is smoother

flipped cracker
05-14-2011, 01:42 AM
i has this same issue and had to sbf to get back as well.