PDA

View Full Version : am i crazy!!! Screen protectors

hemi1300
05-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I have been using the trident line of cases for quite a while now and absolutely love them. First i had the kraken and was completely happy with it, then of course had to buy the cyclops when it came out, i actually now have the black, green, and red cyclops cases. Out of all the trident cases i have, i have gotten some scratches on the screen protector. The red/black cyclops i got, the very same night i accidenatlly hit it hard against a sharp object and got a huge scratch on the protector. Really like the zagg screen protectors, put one on my ipad and works perfect, and i actually like the wet application bc i think it is much easier to apply without messing up and throwing the protector in the trash. Anyways, i got the idea to put a zagg on top of my cyclops screen protector. I really love these cases, but the protectors aren't the most durable for scratches. With the zagg on it i can just replace it if i damage it. Screen response didn't change what so ever, and can't even notice it. Currently i have 3 protectors on my X, steinheil on the screen, then the cyclops protector, and now just put a zagg over top of that, and the touchscreen response is still un-affected

trenton
05-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Yes...you're crazy.......i have one screen protector and I'm thinking of taking it off because its supposedly very hard to scratch the screen and I want to try the rain x trick to minimize fingerprints.

I really love how thin my x feels without a case...i recommend going caseless

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Leach19m
05-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Lol three screen protectors. That's rediculus! I flip flop back and forth between using one and not; and haven't used a case in a month or so. I really think naked is the way to go

WillMiii
05-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Wow. I have no case and recently added the privacy screen protector which I like a lot. Im a big fan of screen protectors but I don't believe you need more than 1.

"My 2 Cents!"

ashpdwinDX
05-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Heck most people could get away with no screen protector for the most part. lol. Reason I'm still using the crappy anti-glare one from verizon is because I play alot of pew pew and my fingers don't stick to the screen like when playing with just the bare glass. Also am caseless untill I find a silicon case I like

duro78
05-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Its guerrilla glass, damn near impossible to scratch under normal conditions. Checkout YouTube taking a key too it wont even scratch it. Screen protectors are useless plus IMO they alter the screen image and just don't feel good to the touch.

mikeinrichmond
05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Going on 9 months for my X, never a screen protector, $5 silicone case, not a scratch on it...

xxprodigyxx11
05-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I've only used a screen protector once to make it easier to swipe my finger on the screen. Unless you store your dx in a bucket of screws I think its pretty hard to scratch.

ben
05-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I prefer no case because I like it being small. It makes me laugh when I see people with the iphone4 and a case that more than doubles the size of it lol. But then again, what self respecting person would get an iphone in the first place ;-)

hillmom
05-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I have a zagg on the screen and love how clear it makes my screen (plus the safety feature of the anti scratch). I have two soft covers, and neither one is one my phone. I think they hold WAY TO MUCH HEAT in. That is just my 2…

From my Liberated Gingerbread (v0.5) Droid X

gunner1982
05-08-2011, 09:14 PM
I use the otterbox defender and couldn't be happier with it... also the built in screen protector is great I haven't noticed any scratches at all

TruePCs
05-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Always have a screen protector on, have from the time I purchased my LG dare the day it was released and it still looks brand new. As for a case I have one but never use it because the X always gets put into my OEM car dock, that I nabbed on eBay for $23 shipped. The screen protectors are also from eBay, 6 for$1.99 shipped , and those 6 will last me the life of the phone.

Quicksilver7714
05-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Going on 9 months for my X, never a screen protector, $5 silicone case, not a scratch on it...

+1 same here. Only 5 months for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Asharad
05-08-2011, 10:26 PM
am i crazy!!!

Yes. I like my droid better when she's nekkid. She even has a name.... I didn't name it, my wife did. The phone's name is Ashley.

popcenator
05-08-2011, 10:33 PM
I had a screen protector and still have a rubber case, neither of which are on the phone. The screen protector was more of a hassle and the case makes it hard to get the phone out my pocket. I've dropped my phone countless times and only have a small scratch. So yes, you may be a tad crazy, but aren't we all?

GBLDX

Xponentially Better
05-08-2011, 11:32 PM
I like buying a case and screen protector then not putting it on and when I drop my phone by my friends accidentally they say " omg why don't you have a case or screen protector?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I do on my iPieceOfCrap!!!" And I say cuz my phone is not a princess like yours pal. Nuff said...

technopeasant
05-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Heh, I'm using a snack-sized ziplock baggie. Is a good fit, and I can Swype right through it, though it helps to pull the plastic taut. Rainproof. Works underwater (theoretically). Bag doesn't last more than a week, but is cheap to replace. Old bag continues service as lunch sack. And easy for Droid to go naked, when needed. Room in there, too, for my stylus, when I'm carrying that around.

itsdestiny
05-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Heh, I'm using a snack-sized ziplock baggie. Is a good fit, and I can Swype right through it, though it helps to pull the plastic taut. Rainproof. Works underwater (theoretically). Bag doesn't last more than a week, but is cheap to replace. Old bag continues service as lunch sack. And easy for Droid to go naked, when needed. Room in there, too, for my stylus, when I'm carrying that around.

Really?

trenton
05-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Lol

zoe
05-09-2011, 03:45 AM
I don'r bother with a case, I just love the sleekness w/o...

I have a screen protector of some sort that a friend gave to me... it kinda makes the screen a little less clear, but my swyping is super crazy fast...

does require a bunch more editing tho...

ereh seog erutangis

rudyy
05-09-2011, 04:17 AM
bought two cases with mine; don't like or use either. naked for 5 months.

hemi1300
05-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Ended up pullin the zagg off of the cyclops protector anyway, so no worries. Sometimes i can be just a bit anal about stuff. Anyways, i do love the cyclops case. Might end up pullin the steinheil protector off of the phone, i just left it on bc sometimes i take the case off and i am paranoid about always having a screen protector on lol

technopeasant
05-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Am reading/writing from inside a ziplock at this very moment. Not a dust bunny in sight.

trenton
05-12-2011, 03:47 AM
So am I..and I can't stop laughing...you've got to be kidding. So inconvenient. Lol

Scram
05-12-2011, 03:49 AM
After reading this thread I ripped off my screen protector. No joke:)

swyped from my liberated DX

trenton
05-12-2011, 03:53 AM
Put your phone in a plastic bag. Its funny... I think I'm going to take mine off too.......*thinks about it*

ryant35
05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
I put a cheap Verizon screen protector on my phone within a couple of hours of purchase of my DX after scratching my old windows phone's screen. But after reading these forums I've only heard of one person actually scratching their DX screen because they were not careful with their keys.

I eventually put an Invisishield on my DX which was better than the Verizon one. A couple of months ago I got a new DX via warranty and remembered how nice the screen feels without a screen protector and I haven't put one on again and no scratches so far. I just don't put my keys or change in my phone pocket.

I did save my invisishield and I put it back on when I go to the desert and get covered in dust and dirt at off road races. I also put it in my Verizon silicon case when I'm camping or in the desert.

ras0787
05-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Am reading/writing from inside a ziplock at this very moment. Not a dust bunny in sight.

hahahaha this is hysterical. Can't stop laughing lol. I can just picture someone busting out their phone while im talking to them and using it while its in a zip lock bag. lmao

jdmpwr07
05-12-2011, 10:09 PM
I usually to rock the otterbox defender but lately I've just been rocking it naked. The otterbox screen protector is nice though.

kami Kali
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I go caseless with my droid. And I use a screen protector but I know it's not needed either. I just use it "just in case"

King Wataba
05-16-2011, 04:51 PM
I tried one of those silicone cases and hated it so I tried the otterbox
defender but I felt like a had a laptop in my pocket. My droid is to sexy to cover up now she is as naked as the day she arrived.

Sent from my rooted DROIDX LibGB v0.5 using Tapatalk