PDA

View Full Version : Bricked . Stuck at M logo. dead battery ..(droid x).

dillonhighsmith
05-08-2011, 06:29 PM
was flashing to liberty 2.1 and bricked the phone . everything seemd to be going as planned , then after install this happened
all i can do is nothing ..
phone wont turn on at all ..
when i plug it in to the wall it just goes to the m screen .
when i plug it in to my computer green light notify light stays solid
master reset does nothing , not even responds to it .
I am able to get the boot loader to turn on but my battery was to dead from what the program is saying
i am going to get battery to charge .. but i cant get rsd 4.8 to recnoize my phone at all . is this because it has to be in boot loader with the option to hook up usb before rsd sees it in windows ?

please help me !!

JeepDroid
05-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Im no pro but yeah charge it and I would sbf the.linux method that kds made. Its easy as pie

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

lynneddington
05-08-2011, 06:33 PM
The main thing is to get the battery charged, then you can goto bootloader and rsd should find it.

Edit: Ninja'd

onlyred
05-08-2011, 06:56 PM
My battery died when I messed up using the dX bootstrap instead of the d2 bootstrap.. didn't have enough charge to sbf because apparently bootlooping takes up a lot of battery - anyway, the phone *would not* charge on the wall. I was stressed and thinking I was gonna have to hotwire my battery, but surprisingly, it accepted a charge from the PC. Not sure why because common sense says AC is best. Anyway the battery gets so dead that it takes a while for it to register that it's charging. Hope that helps somewhat.. if not, VZN store can sell you an extended battery which should have some amount of charge already on it. Fingers crossed! :)

dillonhighsmith
05-08-2011, 07:02 PM
well right now i am letting it charge thru usb .. cant tell if it is charging , but green light is on and staying solid . nothing ells will work still.. going to give it an hour or so and see if i can load up boot loader .. at worst i have a friend that has this phone . going to see if i can use his battery .. i will update in a few once my prices fall in to play .

figured out why it happened . my dumb ass went in to recovery by hand , not bootstrap. and loaded the rom manually , not thru bootstrap .. for some reason i thought i just needed it installed .. not loaded and forced by the program .. didnt help my battery died half way thru .. fu*$!!!! that is why i bricked .. now to try and fix ..

MICHO
05-08-2011, 07:10 PM
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Super easy sbf

dillonhighsmith
05-08-2011, 07:26 PM
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Super easy sbf

if i use linux way .... when im in boot loader does it have to say it has enough battery , or can i just run it when it is going and saying "cant program , low battery ? also my boot loader is showing code 30.04 . anything special i need to flash it with?

bsbabcock
05-08-2011, 07:36 PM
You need the battery charged if you can. +1 on the linux tool. Seen it work when rsdlite failed. Just create a boot disc with it and sbf away.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

C Dippa
05-08-2011, 07:44 PM
if i use linux way .... when im in boot loader does it have to say it has enough battery , or can i just run it when it is going and saying "cant program , low battery ? also my boot loader is showing code 30.04 . anything special i need to flash it with?

If it says battery low, cannot program, you need to get the battery charged. If it's stuck at the bootloader, it won't charge in the phone. Your best options are to get someone with a Droid X to charge your battery or let you borrow their battery to flash the sbf. Otherwise, you can buy a battery from Verizon which should have enough charge, or see if Verizon will charge your battery for you.

Once you have a battery with some charge, keep your phone turned off until you are ready to flash the sbf. And the linux method is a good one, but if you have RSD lite set up, I probably would try that first...

The persuader
05-08-2011, 08:07 PM
You will need a Full Boat with your Battery...

(Fully Charged) no exception

Its Bubba

duro78
05-08-2011, 08:15 PM
It will not charge unless there is an o.s on it. You either need to buy a wall charger that you can put battery in of charge from another dx. What ever you do don't do the USB hack it will get you to sbf but it will ruin your phone wont beable to charge any battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Carpetman
05-08-2011, 08:26 PM
I had your problem and took the battery to my Verizon store and they charged it for me overnight for free.

mikeinrichmond
05-09-2011, 06:14 AM
$21 for a spare battery and charger from Amazon. Well worth the price for peace of mind...

Amazon.com: Amzer Spare Battery Charger with USB Output For Motorola Droid X MB810, Motorola ATRIX 4G MB860: Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/Amzer-Battery-Charger-Output-Motorola/dp/B004C04Q2M/ref=pd_sim_cps_2)

bsbabcock
05-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Might search in here on reviews on those out-of-phone chargers (cell charger pad). Can't make a recommendation as I've done zero research on them.. Just know it may or may not be a way to charge outside the phone. Whether they're a good idea or not, might or might not have been covered in here.

lukane77
05-09-2011, 03:10 PM
I was actually able to use the linux flashing method when my phone was at around 80 percent. If you can get the battery charged enough make sure you use linux instead of RSDlite. The instructions are in the link posted above.

dillonhighsmith
05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Ok all ! I was about to go crazy due to this problem . With a lot of reading and some paticents and alot of help from all of u , i finally got a friend to come by and let me use his phone batt. once i put that in and went to the boot loader everything went off with a hitch. Alos i have used linux fix , and learned how to use linux in the process. !! So here is what happened !
batt was not charged when i tried to do the orginal flash and died half way thru install.
put me in a mean brick , no charging , no functions except mod loder .
rsd and every other recovery are a joke and are a waste of time
anyone who is having problems like this needs just to get linux going and re set the phone .
took less than 5 minuts before i had a working phone and batt charging !
one question i have now so this doesnt happen again .
can i use bootstraper from liberty toolbox to install any rom i want or how does that work ?

to everyone thanks aagin for ur support and ideas !

mikeinrichmond
05-10-2011, 06:05 AM
.. once i put that in and went to the boot loader everything went off with a hitch...took less than 5 minuts before i had a working phone and batt charging !
one question i have now so this doesnt happen again .
can i use bootstraper from liberty toolbox to install any rom i want or how does that work ?

to everyone thanks aagin for ur support and ideas !

Glad you got it going.. :)