PDA

View Full Version : Is there an app that completely kills hardkeys

duro78
05-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Since most of use cases the lighted hardkeys are a complete waste of juice. I started using adjustment brightness app but its only temporary turns them back on once the screen is restarted. Looked in market but didn't see anything under descriptions

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

zoe
05-08-2011, 06:34 PM
there are some terminal scripts that have been posted here and on xda, but sure of the exact locations but I think one was listed on a thread here re: gb insanely bright buttons

ereh seog erutangis

duro78
05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for theinfo

POMF2K
05-08-2011, 09:37 PM
I've tried a few things. . . totally unsuccessful on GB.

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the hard keys from waking the screen so that only the power button can wake the device?

turdbogls
05-09-2011, 02:01 PM
I've tried a few things. . . totally unsuccessful on GB.

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the hard keys from waking the screen so that only the power button can wake the device?
If you are using widgetlocker from the market, there is an option to do so. but without that app, i am not sure there is a way.

Since most of use cases the lighted hardkeys are a complete waste of juice. I started using adjustment brightness app but its only temporary turns them back on once the screen is restarted. Looked in market but didn't see anything under descriptions

thats weird. i am using adjustbrightness and my lights say off until i reboot my phone.
open the app,
menu button
settings
then make sure the 3rd from the bottom "lock off button light" is checked.

then they should stay off.
next time you reboot, open the app, and it will grant superuser permission automatically and they lights will turn off.
this is assuming you are rooted...which, i believe you are since you are in the GB forums :)

duro78
05-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks ill check it out. Tryiing to hit 2full days of battery this will get me there

duro78
05-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Turdbogles your the best worked like a charm. Thanks again.

turdbogls
05-09-2011, 08:46 PM
No problem, glad I could help

smalltowngirl13
05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I cannot find this app in the market... link anyone?

~~sent from my droid x~~

mikeinrichmond
05-09-2011, 09:10 PM
I cannot find this app in the market... link anyone?

~~sent from my droid x~~

For adjbrightness? Here:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.deskangel.adjbrightness&feature=search_result

smalltowngirl13
05-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks Mike...I was spelling out adjust... LOL

~~sent from my droid x~~

POMF2K
05-17-2011, 03:39 PM
If you are using widgetlocker from the market, there is an option to do so. but without that app, i am not sure there is a way.

thats weird. i am using adjustbrightness and my lights say off until i reboot my phone.
open the app,
menu button
settings
then make sure the 3rd from the bottom "lock off button light" is checked.

then they should stay off.
next time you reboot, open the app, and it will grant superuser permission automatically and they lights will turn off.
this is assuming you are rooted...which, i believe you are since you are in the GB forums :)

For me adj brightness does not retain settings. Additionally, I do use widgetlocker. That's why I want to disable hard keys. They always wake device when locked.

NoAckUp
05-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Adjbrightness from the market hasn't failed me since. Automatically kills the lights under the hard buttons. Select turn off backlight on hard keys in the settings and your good to go.