PDA

View Full Version : liberty 0.4 or apex 2.0 or lexlite 4.4??????

ryanpf23
05-08-2011, 03:00 AM
between:

liberty 0.4
apex 2.0
lexlite 4.4

which is the best rom?
If you have tried them let me know how there performance and battery life is

thanks

duro78
05-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Apex is top notch

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Leach19m
05-08-2011, 02:07 PM
You can't go wrong, bit everyone has their favorites. Personally, I run liberty, but that's just me. Try em all!

InsomNiaC
05-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I agree both Roms are good, but i prefer liberty v0.5 Apex is more stock-ish but very fast and Liberty i way more customizable, but you really can go wrong. Just depends what you want

Sean Wristen
05-08-2011, 04:28 PM
+ 1 for Liberty 0.5 . Tried Apex and went back to Lib. Very fast & stable. Love the tool box and all customers

Sean Wristen
05-08-2011, 04:35 PM
I ment customization

redsox 98
05-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Coming from a Guy that beta tested lexlite 4.4. It is smooth. I would guarantee you will not have a fc there. People brag about battery life but believe me his battery tweeks are out of this world. I typically spend about 3 hours a day on the phone send and receive over 20 emails a day and several text messages. Battery would only be down to around 60% at bedtime. Do not use any overclock apps with that rom. You will not get any better and will probably mess up his tweeks. Just my opinion.

Carpetman
05-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Where do you find Lexlite4.4 download ?

behemoth
05-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Where do you find Lexlite4.4 download ?

Here you go -

Link (http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/LL_GB.html)

04CiviCon20s
05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Liberty does have a whole lot more customizing options

lynneddington
05-08-2011, 11:29 PM
You can never go wrong with apex

JNEHAMA
05-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I've got to say that both Apex2 and Liberty. 5 are really good. I can't decide. I'm going back and forth using two good nandroids which I update. They both are smooth. I get a few random reboots on Liberty which I don't on Apex. I think this is related to better memory management byApex. You'll get a good rom either way. Oh and blue bread is a very nice theme.

Xponentially Better
05-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Liberty 0.5 Period.

Jrod301
05-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Besides the battery tweaks and such, are there any major differences between apex and lexlite?

RoomTenONine
05-16-2011, 09:47 AM
For GB roms, I've run Liberty .4, .5 and Apex 2.0 beta. On Froyo I was a HUGE Liberty fan. Right now I'm sticking with Apex. Super smooth, clean, no mess or fuss. The Liberty toolbox has been a little flaky and causes some hiccups here and there and thus another reason I'm sticking with Apex right now.

Maguel
05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm running Liberty v .5, I've had some rebooting problems but I think this might be due to GB and Titanium Backup not agreeing. Fairly stable, and great battery life. Used the donate toolbox to get from Froyo to GB and it was so simple! Jrummy is always on point.

griz.droidx
05-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Greetings X'ers.. I have testing both rather extensively. With the exception of gaming, I only play simple arcade stuff like Angry Birds, Bubble Pop, Freecell, Frozen Bubble, and if you haven't played it, And excellent Open Source game I found for a linux distro I think (aahh Im not sure tonight, cant remember even if its open source, but I know its free w/o ads. I got hooked on this because of the instant gratification it gives. You can play a game in minutes when you first start, then as you get better, maybe 15 or so), Jooleem it is. Sorry for the off topic bit.

Anyway, I've tested stock .588, stock froyo, (just got mine in Feb. this year), Liberty .591 v5. and the Apex beta(Is there a newer one out yet)? Anyway, Liberty ran very well out of the box for me, and I love the options for customizing. Battery life is also very good. Way better than stock froyo, and even better than stock .588. A great rom that hasn't given me any trouble and is stripped down, optimized well, and did I mention the customizing features? They kick ass, I mean ad blocker, overcocking, custom graphics of every kind. A lot of cool stuff

Apex ran really well also, I I think I like the look a bit better, but under that rom, I couldn't use the multitouch kb after enabling swipe. I never found a workaround, there could be one. It too ran very well, battery life was great also. Im not sure, but for me the speed between the two wasn't noticable. I never did any benchmarking.

Id like to hear what people have to say about DrewGarens Roms. I'd like to try one of those, but I don't see how they could compare to Liberty, maybe to Apex, but Did mention how customizable Liberty is?

akeezy
05-25-2011, 09:46 PM
There are mixed reviews for drew's roms. I love them because they are built like a stock rom that don't need to be tampered with and dont have customization options outside of the root user app. The main negative I've seen from other users is installation problems and trouble shooting issues. I think drew's roms are perfect for the simple user who wants performance and a nice look. I prefer them to liberty. I haven't used Rubix or apex but I would recommend DG's over everything

nstillmatic
05-31-2011, 04:47 PM
IMHO, Apex is superior when it comes to performance and usability. Liberty has always been a ROM that isn't immune to FC and random reboots; whereas Apex is the first ROM I've really used where it's never happened. Plus, it has a very accurate AOSP theme that other ROMs lack. Even the Liberty AOSP theme has a lot of obvious flaws. Sure, the Liberty Toolbox is nice (I donated) -- but all it does is make customzing more convenient. Everything it offers can be done on Apex it just requires more work. Apex 2.0.0 Beta is fantastic and extremely stable; I'm anxious for his .596 update.

EDIT: Also, Drew Garen's ROMs aren't bad but it seems to be more about style over function. I don't like the themes he uses and it's probably the most unstable ROM I've ever used and usually has a lot of random bugs and isn't maintained enough. Plus he makes the update process very tedious.

duansindo
06-03-2011, 08:36 PM
thanks you,man.the battary life is just what i love